Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

September Keep watch for more info.

Go down 
+51
GREY_STAR
la_negra_94
94db8
Rossfashow
YML
veloster559
912JZMK3
SohcIt2Me
NN9_RED
mk3supra
94RSIntegra
ed6civic
white1gen_tl
Dao
adrian
eh_559
Seng
ssbpteg
react9
4G63
eckotyper
STI_Clint
05RalliartJake
da9559
kaj
esactivesk8r
Ej8Kid
solove
da9bigboi
johnnybikeone
Ramiro07
nastyhabitzcrx
b2ov
L
S13TypeXFan
Pavin
Rickdaddy
DNM Power
pig_pit
ggix87
2159ClassicRed
SNATCHBACK
west-coastCoupe
PANDA_KID
ONE4ONE
Garrett
leemo559
SinglecamEJ8
Mynes_3
05eurobb
coach
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
ggix87
regular
ggix87

September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:52 am

I would say on a Sunday next Month or two to give ppl plenty of notice or a BBQ in a park would be cool too
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:03 am

Dao wrote:
unamused

No one saw me drive into the lot?
I was not hungry thus I did not come inside the shop.
I saw you get out, but I was eatting. what happened?
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:25 am

coach wrote:
I'm truly starting to wonder if we should just be having meet's in Visalia. There are three random NSX owners that showed up. My sedan that is in the middle of bein sanded and not another soul. I'm glad I moved the time to three so if no one else show's by the time they close they can pack up shop and leave.

my bad, i would have gone like i said i was going to, but i got held up at work. And honestly i had the most fun at the visalia meet. Tons of cars, good pizza, and caravans are always fun.
Back to top Go down
94RSIntegra
veteran
94RSIntegra

PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:32 am

ggix87 wrote:
I would say on a Sunday next Month or two to give ppl plenty of notice or a BBQ in a park would be cool too

I like this idea. How I do with our supra meet is that we meet at Winco parking lot, each person pitch in like $5-10. buy food and supplies. Carvan to park, and have barbeque at park.

Problem here is majority of members here aren't very interested in meets. only very few members post in this section. Post here are always from the same people.
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:40 am

94RSIntegra wrote:
Problem here is majority of members here aren't very interested in meets. only very few members post in this section. Post here are always from the same people.

the difference between this site and cencalsupras is that on that site, most of the users own supras or at least share the love for the supra. On here there are so many different types of car enthusiasts, so naturally you have the clicks and groups or friends. People are always more likely to go and attend a close knit model specific car meet, rather than go to a big meet with cars that they dont care about.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:28 am

Garrett wrote:
94RSIntegra wrote:

the difference between this site and cencalsupras is that on that site, most of the users own supras or at least share the love for the supra. On here there are so many different types of car enthusiasts, so naturally you have the clicks and groups or friends. People are always more likely to go and attend a close knit model specific car meet, rather than go to a big meet with cars that they dont care about.

True. Honda, Subaru, Evo, Supra, etc meets attract a lot of people. A general import meet may not have the same appeal.
Back to top Go down
Dao
regular
Dao

PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:35 am

coach wrote:
Dao wrote:
unamused

I had my daughter with me and it was hot. My initial plan was just to be seen.
I still had some shopping to do. Plus my cluster ring for my rpm fell off and I needed to buy super glue and fix it. My rpm was stuck at 5k til I got home to fix it, lol.
Wished I could have stayed longer though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/daovang/
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:24 pm

Garrett wrote:
coach wrote:
I'm truly starting to wonder if we should just be having meet's in Visalia. There are three random NSX owners that showed up. My sedan that is in the middle of bein sanded and not another soul. I'm glad I moved the time to three so if no one else show's by the time they close they can pack up shop and leave.

my bad, i would have gone like i said i was going to, but i got held up at work. And honestly i had the most fun at the visalia meet. Tons of cars, good pizza, and caravans are always fun.
work is work, I cant bust your balls on that one.
94RSIntegra wrote:
ggix87 wrote:

I like this idea. How I do with our supra meet is that we meet at Winco parking lot, each person pitch in like $5-10. buy food and supplies. Carvan to park, and have barbeque at park.

That is what we will have to do.

Garrett wrote:
94RSIntegra wrote:

It's not really just that. Everyone that come's is there for the dick measuring contest, not to socialize. It has changed a lot from the day's of FSR pizza meets. We all used to show up to hang out and talk, while admire the cars.

kaj wrote:
Garrett wrote:
94RSIntegra wrote:

True. Honda, Subaru, Evo, Supra, etc meets attract a lot of people. A general import meet may not have the same appeal.
Touched it above. For me I love CARS. I like hondas, gm, ford, suby, mazda's, ext ext. Not everyone shares the true passion of cars these days.

Dao wrote:
coach wrote:
Dao wrote:
unamused

I still had some shopping to do. Plus my cluster ring for my rpm fell off and I needed to buy super glue and fix it. My rpm was stuck at 5k til I got home to fix it, lol.
Well I seen you! I understand it was hot. You stopped by and showed love.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 6:36 pm

coach wrote:

Touched it above. For me I love CARS. I like hondas, gm, ford, suby, mazda's, ext ext. Not everyone shares the true passion of cars these days.

yup. me too. but you have to stop and think about how the typical import owner in fresno actually IS. i've owned foreign, domestic, and japanese cars. i love them all and have lots of experience building/tuning/racing/driving each. your typical fresno import owner couldn't care any less about a mustang, camaro, or any other american-made vehicle. for the most part, they are stuck on imports. that's fine. but just one of the reasons the turn outs are small.
so.. you end up with the cliques. it's the same kinda mentality that makes the SCCA drift events suffer the way they do: a lot of people are only interested in very specific things without any care of what anyone else is doing.
the import scene is very focused on to certain makes and models. that's just kinda how it is for MOST import owners. i think a lot of it is cultural as well. with the demographics of fresno, there is a different type of social awareness and withdrawal. it's a comfort zone thing, really.

if you put all these things together, you get small meets. we used to get a TON of people out to the FSR meets. i'm not really sure how.. but it just kinda happened. i'm not so sure we'd still have that same type of success today, if the site were still up, though.

cliffnotes: the typical import owner, in Fresno, isn't the most "social" type, for whatever reason. so it's hard to get meets with a lot of people.
Back to top Go down
eh_559
regular
eh_559

PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 6:43 pm

Next meet is goin to be in Reedley at local Me n Eds
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 7:01 pm

eh_559 wrote:
get a date and time. also the location. ill roll over there. hell ill ask for the day off to go.
Back to top Go down
nastyhabitzcrx
regular
nastyhabitzcrx

PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 7:14 pm

eh_559 wrote:

thumbsup i'll be there
Back to top Go down
2159ClassicRed
regular
2159ClassicRed

PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 7:23 pm

kaj wrote:
cliffnotes: the typical import owner, in Fresno, isn't the most "social" type, for whatever reason. so it's hard to get meets with a lot of people.

Do you fall into that list? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 7:36 pm

2159ClassicRed wrote:
kaj wrote:

Do you fall into that list? Very Happy

naw. i'm atypical. i'm friendly towards anyone no matter which shop works on their car, what they drive, etc. headbang
Back to top Go down
Ramiro07
regular
Ramiro07

PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:13 pm

eh_559 wrote:

Cool i plan to attend, hopefully no time change?
Back to top Go down
Dao
regular
Dao

PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:52 pm

coach wrote:

Dao wrote:
coach wrote:
Dao wrote:
unamused

Well I seen you! I understand it was hot. You stopped by and showed love.
Yes, because IIRC i originated the idea of local meets, and it would be bad if i not at least show face more than 2-3 times the past few meets that went on.

Been to the Fresno meet twice, first meet (not beta) and one in Visalia, and this one.

Although i dont talk to much people, showing up is enough to show enough love right?
Back to top Go down
Ramiro07
regular
Ramiro07

PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:01 pm

Dao wrote:

Although i dont talk to much people, showing up is enough to show enough love right?

Probably not? lol honestly the best part i feel is getting to know other drivers, but as some say not all show interest in other people's ride which is understandable in most cases, I do like the people here but find it hard to interact with some people.

on a side note, I love our little accord group feels like we've broken down the asian/mexican barriers even thrown in a white and black guy now lol
Back to top Go down
Dao
regular
Dao

PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:03 am

Ramiro07 wrote:
Dao wrote:

Probably not? lol honestly the best part i feel is getting to know other drivers, but as some say not all show interest in other people's ride which is understandable in most cases, I do like the people here but find it hard to interact with some people.

on a side note, I love our little accord group feels like we've broken down the asian/mexican barriers even thrown in a white and black guy now lol

I respect all car owners no matter what car they drive. We all have the same hobby, which involves dumping money into our cars to make them faster, or look better than factory form.
I wouldnt judge someone by what they drive, nor would i bash on someone else modding their car to what they like.
We are enthusiasts alike, but thats why i dont talk to other people much because most cannot see eye to eye with me on this.

Because i drive a Honda, if i run into a person who bashes on Hondas, i simply ignore them and walk away.
They dont understand that being an enthusiast of the scene should bring us closer and not to just make a specific manufacturer the inferior manufacturer above all else.
Sadly, i know and relate to a few like that and i am ashamed of claiming to know them.

Like i stated, any car enthusiast, as long as they have the same mind and respect other cars and drivers the way i respect everyone else, i can get along with very well. Those that think "specific manufaturer" is better than "certain manufacturer" can just envy me and how many friends i can make, rather than foes.
Fuck bandwagons, lol

Anyways, depending on what is going on for my weekend, i would love to attend the next meets before i throw back on my stockies and put my Racing Harts into storage.
Back to top Go down
PANDA_KID
regular
PANDA_KID

PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:19 am

eh_559 wrote:

im down for that!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pandakid559
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:55 am

Dao wrote:

I respect all car owners no matter what car they drive. We all have the same hobby, which involves dumping money into our cars to make them faster, or look better than factory form.
I wouldnt judge someone by what they drive, nor would i bash on someone else modding their car to what they like.
We are enthusiasts alike, but thats why i dont talk to other people much because most cannot see eye to eye with me on this.

Because i drive a Honda, if i run into a person who bashes on Hondas, i simply ignore them and walk away.
They dont understand that being an enthusiast of the scene should bring us closer and not to just make a specific manufacturer the inferior manufacturer above all else.
Sadly, i know and relate to a few like that and i am ashamed of claiming to know them.

Like i stated, any car enthusiast, as long as they have the same mind and respect other cars and drivers the way i respect everyone else, i can get along with very well. Those that think "specific manufaturer" is better than "certain manufacturer" can just envy me and how many friends i can make, rather than foes.
Fuck bandwagons, lol

that sums up most of the issues, right thurr. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 1:08 am

eh_559 wrote:
give me the addy and I'll update this sob asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so people can show up. I will laugh my ass off if we have a better turn out in Reedly then fresno.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 3:17 am

coach wrote:
eh_559 wrote:
give me the addy and I'll update this sob asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so people can show up. I will laugh my ass off if we have a better turn out in Reedly then fresno.

If I remember right, we used to have a ton of people that used to come from Reedley...maybe they are all still hiding out. You guys need to find a way to spread word around town to all those that don't post here?
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 3:34 am

kaj wrote:
coach wrote:
eh_559 wrote:

If I remember right, we used to have a ton of people that used to come from Reedley...maybe they are all still hiding out. You guys need to find a way to spread word around town to all those that don't post here?
david comes with edgar. Last I know of Ben lives here. I thought about craiglisting it, but yeah. pictures posted in the picture thread.
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 3:54 am

1085 East Manning Avenue, Reedley, CA
4pm guys now do we do it the 2nd or the 9th?
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 3:59 am

Dao wrote:

i get this alot. I bring out the cressida sometimes and hang out with friends of friends, and all they do is bash hondas, talk about how slow or shitty they are, so on and so forth. People dont usually know that i have a civic at home mid build in the garage, so I always bite my tongue because it would be like arguing with a wall. people hate them just to hate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September Keep watch for more info.   September Keep watch for more info. - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

September Keep watch for more info.
Page 27 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 41  Next