Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...

Go down 
+13
mk3supra
eh_559
Revspeed
Mynes_3
Garrett
jaysturboeg
94db8
ssbpteg
coach
Rickdaddy
Magana559
kaj
90ED6LSV
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 12:57 am

kaj wrote:
Rickdaddy wrote:
I can see him getting that time with either a built setup w/ cams

or with a meth tuned setup.

exactly. Nick was only able to to do it because his car was so light and he was on a drag radial. now that i think of it, he also had a test pipe, if i remember correctly. stock airbox, header, and ITR exhaust. no tuning.
didnt he have an itr trans too?
Back to top Go down
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 3:40 am

coach wrote:
kaj wrote:
Rickdaddy wrote:
I can see him getting that time with either a built setup w/ cams

or with a meth tuned setup.

exactly. Nick was only able to to do it because his car was so light and he was on a drag radial. now that i think of it, he also had a test pipe, if i remember correctly. stock airbox, header, and ITR exhaust. no tuning.
didnt he have an itr trans too?

i believe so. all the things just kinda worked together that made that little hatch stupid fast.
Back to top Go down
Revspeed
noob

PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 3:19 pm

Rickdaddy wrote:
daaaaaaaamn stock type R's with intake and a header running the same times as a stock 300hp STi. What's the world coming to

it s pengs type R
Back to top Go down
Revspeed
noob

PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 3:21 pm

kaj wrote:
coach wrote:
kaj wrote:
coach wrote:
kaj wrote:

not with that set up, he didn't.
popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn

simple math and experience. stock = 195hp = 156whp. with the addition of an intake and header he's looking at about 165-170whp. in a 2600lb car? probably not. the stock Type R ran right around 15sec. i don't see this guy dropping all that time with just a CAI and header.
pop corn is for whats to come from them now not toward what you said.

i know. i'm attempting to throw a wet blanket out before they get all fired up. LOL. the best time i saw from a Type R with a CAI and open JDM header was right around 14.4 or so. 13.6? not unless it was tuned, on slicks, with a tail wind, stripped the car down, and perfect weather. oh.. and had a perfect driver.. and.. and.. it didn't happen.

car weight in at 2540
full interior
stock type R ecu
dyno 186whp on our dyno
Back to top Go down
90ED6LSV
noob
90ED6LSV

PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 4:24 pm

2500? my EF hatch weighs like 2300... and you never specified what kind of tires you were running, i've never even run with slicks, and if I did, I could run low 13's all-motor. I didn't post this thread so you can come in here and attempt to one-up everyone, especially with yet no verified proof.

here's my video... in this video I only ran 13.9 @ 99 because my MAP sensor vacuum line blew off sometime during the run. and I forgot to record the other 3 passes I did XD!!!!!

grrrr nevermind the forum won't let me post the video. just youtube search KirbyBuilt ED6

edit- and hey who knows, maybe they really did do it, hell my GSR has only a header and intake on it too, but mine's in a lighter car.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/kirbizle
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 4:41 pm

Revspeed wrote:
Rickdaddy wrote:
daaaaaaaamn stock type R's with intake and a header running the same times as a stock 300hp STi. What's the world coming to

it s pengs type R

OHHHH okay Wink
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:05 pm

90ED6LSV wrote:
2500? my EF hatch weighs like 2300... and you never specified what kind of tires you were running, i've never even run with slicks, and if I did, I could run low 13's all-motor. I didn't post this thread so you can come in here and attempt to one-up everyone, especially with yet no verified proof.

here's my video... in this video I only ran 13.9 @ 99 because my MAP sensor vacuum line blew off sometime during the run. and I forgot to record the other 3 passes I did XD!!!!!

grrrr nevermind the forum won't let me post the video. just youtube search KirbyBuilt ED6

edit- and hey who knows, maybe they really did do it, hell my GSR has only a header and intake on it too, but mine's in a lighter car.
but like you said your proud, you showed your proof and then they come in one upping you and have no proof. half the reason why i wont post shit on here when im done. im not building a car to make them happy im building a car to make me happy. what happen to those days?
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:18 pm

coach wrote:
. what happen to those days?

i live them every day, brotha.

Tom: i still can't believe a stock type-r ran that fast with ONLY a header and CAI. i've never seen that kind of a time from a stock car unless it was tuned/slicks/stripped interior/etc. i would love to have seen that in person, 'cause nobody would ever believe me if i tried to tell the story either. LOL.
that is a SUPER light Type-R, by the way. i also haven't seen a stock R weigh in that light. then you add the driver....
but, hey. crazy stuff happens, so who knows. i wasn't there to witness if it did or not, so...
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:57 pm

kaj wrote:
coach wrote:

Tom: i still can't believe a stock type-r ran that fast with ONLY a header and CAI. i've never seen that kind of a time from a stock car unless it was tuned/slicks/stripped interior/etc. i would love to have seen that in person, 'cause nobody would ever believe me if i tried to tell the story either. LOL.
that is a SUPER light Type-R, by the way. i also haven't seen a stock R weigh in that light. then you add the driver....
but, hey. crazy stuff happens, so who knows. i wasn't there to witness if it did or not, so...
like they say video or slip? or it didnt happen.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:43 pm

coach wrote:
kaj wrote:
coach wrote:

even still, no way to prove what the car had or didn't have. dontknow
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:51 pm

kaj wrote:
coach wrote:
kaj wrote:
coach wrote:

even still, no way to prove what the car had or didn't have. dontknow
still time didnt happen with out proof like they say. thats my point.
Back to top Go down
eh_559
regular
eh_559

PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:58 pm

i can vouch for kirby for his time as i rolled down to famoso with him thumbsup

i was only able to hit 14.6 with my slow ls/v coupe on kumhos haha my 60ft sucked ass 2.3 60ft with a 96 trap speed unamused

for sure next time i will have some bfg radials, but next time will be awhile haha
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:08 pm

eh_559 wrote:

i was only able to hit 14.6 with my slow ls/v coupe on kumhos haha my 60ft sucked ass 2.3 60ft with a 96 trap speed unamused

for sure next time i will have some bfg radials, but next time will be awhile haha
thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:00 pm

eh_559 wrote:

I'm with you: i'm famous for horrible 60's. Lol. My best was 2.0 on BFGs lol. I have yet to ever pull a 1.9.
Back to top Go down
94db8
regular
94db8

PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:36 pm

kaj wrote:
eh_559 wrote:

I'm with you: i'm famous for horrible 60's. Lol. My best was 2.0 on BFGs lol. I have yet to ever pull a 1.9.

Horrible was mine this week 2.3 60' with bfg drag radials lol 14.5@97.8. Lol

Sorry for the thread Jack Kirby
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:21 am

94db8 wrote:
kaj wrote:
eh_559 wrote:

Wow. Did you air down a bit? I ran a 12.1 @ 116 BUT with a 2.1 60'. My goal was to run 11s on a DR. sadly, my poor 60' killed it. Sooooooo close.THAT is frustration.
Back to top Go down
90ED6LSV
noob
90ED6LSV

PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:02 pm

hahaha yeah mine too! my best was 2.1 so far, i wish I could get at least a 2.0 or 1.9ish 60ft I would be running low 13's.... I've just been running Nitto NT01's this last time, and the first time were OEM VX 13x5's with small ass 22" inch old and dry tread semi-slick Goodyears... I've heard a lot of people bog with the BFG's, I guess that means they're working good lol
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:07 pm

90ED6LSV wrote:
hahaha yeah mine too! my best was 2.1 so far, i wish I could get at least a 2.0 or 1.9ish 60ft I would be running low 13's.... I've just been running Nitto NT01's this last time, and the first time were OEM VX 13x5's with small ass 22" inch old and dry tread semi-slick Goodyears... I've heard a lot of people bog with the BFG's, I guess that means they're working good lol

Possibly. The best technique with those tires on a FF is to have a bit of tire spin to prevent bogging. I could never find that sweet spot. If I remember right, my friend Robert did a 1.9. I wish I woulda done that on my run.
Back to top Go down
90ED6LSV
noob
90ED6LSV

PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:22 pm

yeah i always forget to just try one launch where I spin a little bit, I'm just too used to doing street style launches where you let it semi-bog so it wont spin lol.... because I see all the big-power guys with full slicks let the car spin and redline all of 1st gear, and they're getting 1.7 60fts lol
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 1:21 pm

i wanna get 1.7 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
94db8
regular
94db8

PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:49 pm

kaj wrote:
94db8 wrote:
kaj wrote:
eh_559 wrote:

Wow. Did you air down a bit? I ran a 12.1 @ 116 BUT with a 2.1 60'. My goal was to run 11s on a DR. sadly, my poor 60' killed it. Sooooooo close.THAT is frustration.
LOL my first time with those tires I did 4 passes different rpm I would hook and bog Neutral I need more practice I did check the psi it was at 17 fail.
Back to top Go down
90ED6LSV
noob
90ED6LSV

PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:10 pm

hey 14.5 aint too bad... my last engine was a stock LSV and I ran 14.5 @ 98mph, with 185/50/14 street tires lol
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:49 pm

90ED6LSV wrote:
hey 14.5 aint too bad... my last engine was a stock LSV and I ran 14.5 @ 98mph, with 185/50/14 street tires lol
in a heavy 4 door too. are you guys preloading?
Back to top Go down
90ED6LSV
noob
90ED6LSV

PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:17 pm

^I dont. idk about the other guys tho
Back to top Go down
94db8
regular
94db8

PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:11 am

Nope I ain't either.
This sedan isn't for the track its for b!tchs lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...   ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

ASP dynotuned dyno sheet and drag times...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next