Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch

Go down 
+8
Garrett
purvertedmunk
2159ClassicRed
Mynes_3
PANDA_KID
ggix87
kaj
coach
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch Empty
PostSubject: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 12:33 am

endro #2
http://www.fresnoscca.com/pdf/2012_events/FresnoSCCA2012-Enduro2.pdf
event #8
http://www.fresnoscca.com/pdf/2012_events/FresnoSCCA2012-8.pdf
event #9
Tbd
event #10
http://www.fresnoscca.com/pdf/2012_events/FresnoSCCA2012-10.pdf
event #11
http://www.fresnoscca.com/pdf/2012_events/FresnoSCCA2012-11.pdf
event #12
http://www.fresnoscca.com/pdf/2012_events/FresnoSCCA2012-12.pdf
Event #13/endro #3
http://www.fresnoscca.com/pdf/2012_events/FresnoSCCA2012-13.pdf
Back to top Go down
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

PostSubject: Re: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:43 am

i'm on my phone and can't click on all those for dates. LOL. i'll have to check it out later.
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 2:10 am

maybe I should of posted dates with them. Aug might have three but not a 100%.
Back to top Go down
ggix87
regular
ggix87

PostSubject: Re: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:37 pm

Looks like I need to get me some 265s and do some work I'll try and make most of them
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 12:27 am

ggix87 wrote:
Looks like I need to get me some 265s and do some work I'll try and make most of them
and rims that you can change the tire pressure on alot easier!
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 1:28 am

ggix87 wrote:

And longer straightaways. Lol. What was your best time last session?
Back to top Go down
ggix87
regular
ggix87

PostSubject: Re: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 8:09 am

Lol I know I need a autoX wheel& tire setup and a stroker motor lol the best I got was a 1.02
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 9:45 am

ggix87 wrote:
Lol I know I need a autoX wheel& tire setup and a stroker motor lol the best I got was a 1.02
lol....you dont need massive hp for auto x tires and keeping the power planted help.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 1:45 pm

ggix87 wrote:

Nice time!
Back to top Go down
ggix87
regular
ggix87

PostSubject: Re: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 2:48 pm

Yea I totally agree coach that's why I want a striker not to make more power but for the wider power band I don't wantto remote the 35r my goal for the car is to run low 10s and still be competitive at auto X and road coarse thanks kaj what did u run Im not sure I got to see u run or meet u
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 5:46 pm

ggix87 wrote:
Yea I totally agree coach that's why I want a striker not to make more power but for the wider power band I don't wantto remote the 35r my goal for the car is to run low 10s and still be competitive at auto X and road coarse thanks kaj what did u run Im not sure I got to see u run or meet u
that 35r is going to kill you on the tighter lay outs. You got hooked huh?
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 5:51 pm

ggix87 wrote:

a 10sec car is not going to work well at auto-x, but should do decently at a road coarse, as long as it's long enough for the car to stretch it's legs. tight turns will not be your friend. the stroke kit will help, but not sure how much. for instance, i make almost 200whp less than you (from what i hear; i'm at about 275-285whp) but ran a 61 second lap while taking off like a grand pa and washing out horribly in the last turn. the car DEFINITELY had a 60, if not a 59 in it had i gotten two more laps. but that's what we all say. LOL. i also need to get off my street tires...but we all say that as well. haha
anyway.. as long as the car is fun, no biggie. IMO, i'd rather have a car set up to be fast and decent on a road course and do "okay" at the auto-x track.
headbang
we didn't meet 'cause we ran separate groups. i was working yours and then had to drive. next time!

FWIW, when i had my evo.. i figured a stroker and a 30r would actually be quite fun to drive. i was gonna run a 10:1 C/R and keep it super responsive. it would have been REALLY fun, 'i'm sure. i am curious to see how yours turns out as it will be "kinda" close.
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 5:59 pm

kaj wrote:
ggix87 wrote:

a 10sec car is not going to work well at auto-x, but should do decently at a road coarse, as long as it's long enough for the car to stretch it's legs. tight turns will not be your friend. the stroke kit will help, but not sure how much. for instance, i make almost 200whp less than you (from what i hear; i'm at about 275-285whp) but ran a 61 second lap while taking off like a grand pa and washing out horribly in the last turn. the car DEFINITELY had a 60, if not a 59 in it had i gotten two more laps. but that's what we all say. LOL. i also need to get off my street tires...but we all say that as well. haha
anyway.. as long as the car is fun, no biggie. IMO, i'd rather have a car set up to be fast and decent on a road course and do "okay" at the auto-x track.
headbang
we didn't meet 'cause we ran separate groups. i was working yours and then had to drive. next time!

FWIW, when i had my evo.. i figured a stroker and a 30r would actually be quite fun to drive. i was gonna run a 10:1 C/R and keep it super responsive. it would have been REALLY fun, 'i'm sure. i am curious to see how yours turns out as it will be "kinda" close.
rota's and rs3's you'll be happy. I felt weird weird on the stock itr stuff and those rs3's provide more grip then i was expecting.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 7:51 pm

coach wrote:
kaj wrote:
ggix87 wrote:

headbang

rota's and rs3's you'll be happy. I felt weird weird on the stock itr stuff and those rs3's provide more grip then i was expecting.

I'm having trouble finding reasonably priced wheels. Don't wanna pay too much, seeing how I'm a casual driver, etc. I do have some 17" types I'd like to try, though. RS3 is an amazing tire and what I would run if I could pick any street tire.
headbang
Back to top Go down
PANDA_KID
regular
PANDA_KID

PostSubject: Re: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 8:05 pm

should be at the rest of the fresno event for autox
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pandakid559
ggix87
regular
ggix87

PostSubject: Re: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 9:10 pm

Yea coach it was a blast and that's true ill just have to do what I can lol, that's true kaj the next time I go out there I'm gunns be in my wife's 8 that's on a stock turbo it should do better than my car, a well setup stock turbo 300whp car will do great which is what were gunna do with my wife's car your car was moving man you Subaru guys don't play I was surprised at the guy launching his off the line that guys hard core lol, I want to try out a road course I just need to do the needed break upgrades so my pedal won't go soft on me, that sounds like a good setup that would do well, my wife's car has rotas on it it just needs sticky tires coach and it'll be ready to go:)
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 9:22 pm

ggix87 wrote:
Yea coach it was a blast and that's true ill just have to do what I can lol, that's true kaj the next time I go out there I'm gunns be in my wife's 8 that's on a stock turbo it should do better than my car, a well setup stock turbo 300whp car will do great which is what were gunna do with my wife's car your car was moving man you Subaru guys don't play I was surprised at the guy launching his off the line that guys hard core lol, I want to try out a road course I just need to do the needed break upgrades so my pedal won't go soft on me, that sounds like a good setup that would do well, my wife's car has rotas on it it just needs sticky tires coach and it'll be ready to go:)

all you need is a decent pad and fluid then you are ready to go. that pads can get expensive, depending on how much speed you will be carrying and how much you want to beat up on them. i'm running Axxis pads and Super Blue fluid. no complains, though i would like steel braided lines for a better feel. there are a bunch of Thunderhill, one or two Buttonwillow, and Laguna Seca event all coming up soon, if you are interested.
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 11:01 pm

ggix87 wrote:
Just start with hawk hp+ pads for now. should be a good pad to start on. the ct stuff starts adding up and thats a pad you would want be switching out when you get to the track because of how aggressive it will be. start small. I want to do an event that has a driving school attched to it. I dont plan on any of that non-sense stil after the weather starts to dip down. Glad you had fun.
Jason- you have no idea how shocked I was with the grip I didnt trust my car. Plus it was my first event on the stock stuff so i was re-learning the car. They claimed my last run was a dnf so I had no clean runs. I need to work on that. I will be buying Rs3's for all my comp Street tire use's. Maybe some time in 2013 I'll get some a6's.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 12:03 am

coach wrote:
ggix87 wrote:
Just start with hawk hp+ pads for now. should be a good pad to start on. the ct stuff starts adding up and thats a pad you would want be switching out when you get to the track because of how aggressive it will be. start small. I want to do an event that has a driving school attched to it. I dont plan on any of that non-sense stil after the weather starts to dip down. Glad you had fun.
Jason- you have no idea how shocked I was with the grip I didnt trust my car. Plus it was my first event on the stock stuff so i was re-learning the car. They claimed my last run was a dnf so I had no clean runs. I need to work on that. I will be buying Rs3's for all my comp Street tire use's. Maybe some time in 2013 I'll get some a6's.

i would like to try a "real" tire. i've always had this thing where i want to do stuff on street tires. same with drag racing: i only used drag radials. i have some Continental slicks i would like to try, though i don't think my suspension/hub assly would like them. LOL. i think the RS3s would be perfect. i'd really like to get a set of "fun" wheels/tires. as for DNFs, i had an event like that last year. i kept missing a cone at the end. i dunno what i was thinking. LOL. i'm not sure i got one sold run in. Very Happy i think i'm gonna try to make the next one, though i know i'm at a serious disadvantage due to my tires.
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 1:24 am

kaj wrote:
coach wrote:
ggix87 wrote:

i would like to try a "real" tire. i've always had this thing where i want to do stuff on street tires. same with drag racing: i only used drag radials. i have some Continental slicks i would like to try, though i don't think my suspension/hub assly would like them. LOL. i think the RS3s would be perfect. i'd really like to get a set of "fun" wheels/tires. as for DNFs, i had an event like that last year. i kept missing a cone at the end. i dunno what i was thinking. LOL. i'm not sure i got one sold run in. Very Happy i think i'm gonna try to make the next one, though i know i'm at a serious disadvantage due to my tires.
Well everyone I talk to says slicks should come after a good 200 treadware rating and lower. Rs3's, star specs, re-11's, and the kumho xs's. Would be a great start. Your v12's are a great tire to learn on, but if you want the higher grip level's I would start with those. Slicks mask little thing we all tend to do bad. I'll get to something like that after i have alot more events under my belt.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:34 pm

coach wrote:

Well everyone I talk to says slicks should come after a good 200 treadware rating and lower. Rs3's, star specs, re-11's, and the kumho xs's. Would be a great start. Your v12's are a great tire to learn on, but if you want the higher grip level's I would start with those. Slicks mask little thing we all tend to do bad. I'll get to something like that after i have alot more events under my belt.

i wouldn't use the slicks to make me a better driver. for tun only. that is the only reason i bought them (and they were super cheap. like >$200 cheap). that's the main reason i have yet to get wheels for them. that's a lot of money for some "fun". LOL. had i been smart, i woulda applied the $200 to some RS3s. i tried to get them for the Evo, but they didn't have my size. bleh.
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 1:32 am

kaj wrote:
coach wrote:

i wouldn't use the slicks to make me a better driver. for tun only. that is the only reason i bought them (and they were super cheap. like >$200 cheap). that's the main reason i have yet to get wheels for them. that's a lot of money for some "fun". LOL. had i been smart, i woulda applied the $200 to some RS3s. i tried to get them for the Evo, but they didn't have my size. bleh.
Yeah others get them because they want to be faster. Im not against that at all. just dont think its the right time for me to buy slicks. I've seen guys running 275's in the front on higher levels of my group (smf)
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 2:32 am

coach wrote:
kaj wrote:
coach wrote:

Yeah others get them because they want to be faster. Im not against that at all. just dont think its the right time for me to buy slicks. I've seen guys running 275's in the front on higher levels of my group (smf)

On a civic??!! Or just in the class? That's silly. I don't think I've ever run more than a 215 on a fwd car. They worked fine for me as long as you don't go crazy with your inputs at 50+ mph. Lol. I just want to get that "WEEEEEEE!" feeling. Just once.
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 2:36 am

kaj wrote:
coach wrote:
kaj wrote:
coach wrote:

On a civic??!! Or just in the class? That's silly. I don't think I've ever run more than a 215 on a fwd car. They worked fine for me as long as you don't crazy with your inputs at 50+ mph. Lol. I just want to get that "WEEEEEEE!" feeling. Just once.
civic and itr. They run huge front and normal size in the rear. I didnt want to run more then a 205 till I ran on those 225 rs3's. Yeah man those are guys who are at regional and national stuff. Shit I will never do. Im more like you about the weeeee factor for now. I want to get on a road coarse asap thu.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 3:11 am

coach wrote:
civic and itr. They run huge front and normal size in the rear. I didnt want to run more then a 205 till I ran on those 225 rs3's. Yeah man those are guys who are at regional and national stuff. Shit I will never do. Im more like you about the weeeee factor for now. I want to get on a road coarse asap thu.

I guess if they are THAT serious...lol. That was our drag setups. 225 BFG DRs up front and normal stuff put back. Dang.
Not trying to sounds negative towards auto-x (it's extremely fun), but once you do a track day, you will have a hard time justifying the cost of it. For those of us who have to pick and choose our events due to funds, $99 for 100mins of driving > $40 for 6mins. That's a lot of seat time. I only do aX because it's local. Factoring in the gas savings helps. Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch   The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch Empty

Back to top Go down

The rest of Fresno SCCA 2012 Auto x Sch
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next