Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need Help and Advice

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rossfashow
noob

Need Help and Advice Empty
PostSubject: Need Help and Advice   Need Help and Advice EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 8:44 pm

For those of you that know me, please don't start rumors or spread word as I am only seeking advice.

There is a shop that relocated and I have been trying to contact the owner as he has at least $12,000 worth of car parts and I want it back. He is located in another state and I don't even know what the shop is now called as I have heard he has changed the name. How would I take legal action and would I be able to get my stuff or reimbursed for it.
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Need Help and Advice   Need Help and Advice EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 10:19 pm

just ask for it back, if he agrees then tell him to write it on paper or something.
Back to top Go down
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Need Help and Advice   Need Help and Advice EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 10:33 pm

Go downtown and file a small claims suit. I don't think you can sure for that much, but you get free legal advice. since the transaction happened here, our court has jurisdiction. He may have to fly back or loose by default. Maybe. But you need his name and addresses.
If you sue for more than the small claims limit, they can't help you fill out any of the paperwork.
Back to top Go down
Rossfashow
noob

PostSubject: Re: Need Help and Advice   Need Help and Advice EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 12:49 am

kaj wrote:
Go downtown and file a small claims suit. I don't think you can sure for that much, but you get free legal advice. since the transaction happened here, our court has jurisdiction. He may have to fly back or loose by default. Maybe. But you need his name and addresses.
If you sue for more than the small claims limit, they can't help you fill out any of the paperwork.

whats the limit for small claims?
Back to top Go down
STI_Clint
Jesus
STI_Clint

PostSubject: Re: Need Help and Advice   Need Help and Advice EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:38 am

Bummer Ross Sad

I'd start getting your ducks in a row. Receipts, Emails, text messages, contracts etc. anything to use in court to fight your case.
Back to top Go down
Rossfashow
noob

PostSubject: Re: Need Help and Advice   Need Help and Advice EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:11 am

STI_Clint wrote:
Bummer Ross Sad

I'd start getting your ducks in a row. Receipts, Emails, text messages, contracts etc. anything to use in court to fight your case.

I'm fucked.. no receipts and half was paid cash and the other half is on my bank statements. If I can pull up the AIM history conversation then it will be Golden like Grahams. But he does have my motor and tranny with matching VIN.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Need Help and Advice   Need Help and Advice EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:29 am

i think small claims in CA is $5,000 or $7,500 i think. you can call and they will tell you for sure.

you think that's bad? i recently went to MI for a case. the guy got me for about $8,000 but their limit is only $3,000. not only that, but the judge misunderstood my info and only awarded me $1,900. i got fvcking boned.

then.. the guy went to India, so they court is having trouble collecting, so they are recommending i offer a settlement for LESS to see if he will pay. otherwise i wait until he gets back (judgements expire but can be renewed as many times as you wish). so.. due COULD get off for only $1,500 out of the $8k i got robbed for.

anyway....i'm in the process of a $1,500 suit here in fresno. i am getting my information together before heading downtown. at least i'm familiar with the process, so it should go easy. again, if you do small claims, then they help you out and do most of the leg work for you.

if the stuff he kept has VINS that match your car, that could help. just collect as much as you can. it's only $50 to file and you get that back if you win. it's worth a shot. get ANYTHING you can. witnesses, paperwork, texts, etc.

i'm having trouble because part of what i'll be suing for was cash paid for product i never received... no receipts... then there is money i'm owed for stuff i bought under a relative's name. i'm really not sure how i can prove any of it, really. all he has to do is deny all of it. soooo... not sure how i'm gonna pull it all off. LOL.

but i gotta do something because i'm paying on all of it right now and that's kinda B.S.
Back to top Go down
Rossfashow
noob

PostSubject: Re: Need Help and Advice   Need Help and Advice EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:19 am

kaj wrote:
i think small claims in CA is $5,000 or $7,500 i think. you can call and they will tell you for sure.

you think that's bad? i recently went to MI for a case. the guy got me for about $8,000 but their limit is only $3,000. not only that, but the judge misunderstood my info and only awarded me $1,900. i got fvcking boned.

then.. the guy went to India, so they court is having trouble collecting, so they are recommending i offer a settlement for LESS to see if he will pay. otherwise i wait until he gets back (judgements expire but can be renewed as many times as you wish). so.. due COULD get off for only $1,500 out of the $8k i got robbed for.

anyway....i'm in the process of a $1,500 suit here in fresno. i am getting my information together before heading downtown. at least i'm familiar with the process, so it should go easy. again, if you do small claims, then they help you out and do most of the leg work for you.

if the stuff he kept has VINS that match your car, that could help. just collect as much as you can. it's only $50 to file and you get that back if you win. it's worth a shot. get ANYTHING you can. witnesses, paperwork, texts, etc.

i'm having trouble because part of what i'll be suing for was cash paid for product i never received... no receipts... then there is money i'm owed for stuff i bought under a relative's name. i'm really not sure how i can prove any of it, really. all he has to do is deny all of it. soooo... not sure how i'm gonna pull it all off. LOL.

but i gotta do something because i'm paying on all of it right now and that's kinda B.S.

well he posted my set up on a forum and I saved it. Also there are witnesses that have seen it. Thanks again and I hope all is well on your part.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Need Help and Advice   Need Help and Advice EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 12:46 pm

Rossfashow wrote:
kaj wrote:

well he posted my set up on a forum and I saved it. Also there are witnesses that have seen it. Thanks again and I hope all is well on your part.

get screen shots, etc. then make sure you have access to the witnesses. they can probably do some type of written deposition or maybe have to show up to court? i dunno. i'm sure they will do whatever they need to help. good luck and keep us posted.

thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Help and Advice   Need Help and Advice Empty

Back to top Go down

Need Help and Advice
Page 1 of 1