Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ATTN: jdmgeek

Go down 
+11
MUACHi
la_negra_94
Garrett
PANDA_KID
coach
ed6civic
2159ClassicRed
Mynes_3
illest
jdmgeek
kaj
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 7:24 am

i believe the best and FIRST idea is to have jdmgeek come to one of the meets and ask all his questions and get ideas and knowledge there.

im all in for helping a newcomer to cars and tuning (god knows we were all noobs once) but it seems more effective to have him and others catch up and learn beginners knowledge at meets, and leave the forums for "after-discusions" on more specific things.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tommymonchivang
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 7:45 am

[quote="Garrett"]
illest wrote:

and dont get mad kaj, you act like you've never said a bad thing on this board.

Back to the topic, JDMGEEK, you need to figure out what you intend to do with your car. Everything is not an acceptable answer. You build a car with a purpose. An accelleration/top speed/ drift/drag/auto-x/track car isn't going to happen. so be real with what you want to achieve with the DA. You live in prather, you drive the roads up there alot im assuming... If i were you i would save up for a swap. I'd go GSR, and get some suspension. real coilovers (not sleeve overs), beefy sway bars, Maybe some adjustable camber, not to forget tires too... then have at some touge. shit thats actually what im shooting for with my project. And that will convert to some other fun stuff like auto-x and track time.
::
I'm not mad, but all the snide comments get old. In every thread. Nobody is perfect. We've all given peeps a hard time here and there, of course. Not ME though! [/sarcasm]. foreveralone
And good advice, by the way. Thanks for contributing, brotha.

headbang
Back to top Go down
PANDA_KID
regular
PANDA_KID

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 4:16 pm

kaj wrote:
PANDA_KID wrote:
Well im into toyotas, drift mainly and enjoy auto-x.i dont know much after that.but any questions ill ty to answer best to my knowledge

werd. i have a ton of questions for ya, by the way. i'll have to compile a list and get it to you. Very Happy

let me know PM me or if you gonna be at the cen cal drift show this sunday.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pandakid559
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:58 pm

PANDA_KID wrote:
kaj wrote:
PANDA_KID wrote:
Well im into toyotas, drift mainly and enjoy auto-x.i dont know much after that.but any questions ill ty to answer best to my knowledge

werd. i have a ton of questions for ya, by the way. i'll have to compile a list and get it to you. Very Happy

Unfortunately, I now work Sundays. Will PM.
Back to top Go down
PANDA_KID
regular
PANDA_KID

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 10:32 pm

kaj wrote:
PANDA_KID wrote:
kaj wrote:
PANDA_KID wrote:

Unfortunately, I now work Sundays. Will PM.

ok cool beans,i'll take some shots for everyone here who couldnt make it or wanted to check them out.you got pm'ed by the way
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pandakid559
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 6:11 pm

coach wrote:

Wheres the muck? Really it's silly that we have a thread for one user, when we have a tech section. Also like garrett said i have yet to see a real question that deserves an answer of detail. How do I make a car fast is vauge. Fast in a straight line, fast on a road coarse, or fast at dodging cones all have different answer's. I do agree that we all can help, but I am not going to spend God knows how long writing every single thing i've learned over the years to try and answer such an empty question. I am not a know it all, but i have gained a fair amount of knowledge and things i need answers for I can't get i search the world wide web. I personally believe it's hard to have a car thats well balanced for all of those things. You end up giving on two for the other. I personally will willingly give up the drag race and road race specs to have a better prepped auto x car. That is my over all goal. When I see him ask something more spefic I'll chime in if I feel like I have a solid answer.

just seemed easier and cleaner for him to ask all his questions in one thread. dontknow

if this thread is out of line, by all means someone can delete it. i don't mind. Very Happy

Last edited by kaj on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 6:17 pm

MUACHi wrote:
i believe the best and FIRST idea is to have jdmgeek come to one of the meets and ask all his questions and get ideas and knowledge there.

im all in for helping a newcomer to cars and tuning (god knows we were all noobs once) but it seems more effective to have him and others catch up and learn beginners knowledge at meets, and leave the forums for "after-discusions" on more specific things.

any exposure helps, i agree. it's good to hear it and see what other people are doing. i think that's how most of us learn. headbang

still, having written info in one place is very beneficial (hence how-tos, etc and my ever-growing word doc folder LOL).

like i said, if this thread is that bad of an idea, mod/admin can feel free to delete it.
Back to top Go down
2159ClassicRed
regular
2159ClassicRed

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 9:14 pm

kaj wrote:

any exposure helps, i agree. it's good to hear it and see what other people are doing. i think that's how most of us learn. headbang

still, having written info in one place is very beneficial (hence how-tos, etc and my ever-growing word doc folder LOL).

like i said, if this thread is that bad of an idea, mod/admin can feel free to delete it.

That's why there is this ------> http://www.fresno-imports.com/f20-technical-qa

Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 12:22 am

did this thread get cleaned out?????????????????????? last I posted it was on page 4 wtf.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 12:30 am

coach wrote:
did this thread get cleaned out?????????????????????? last I posted it was on page 4 wtf.

iono. i don't check page numbers. a lot of stuff is gone for me, but that's because i adjusted my board settings. LOL

Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 12:35 am

kaj wrote:
coach wrote:

iono. i don't check page numbers. a lot of stuff is gone for me, but that's because i adjusted my board settings. LOL

I posted 3 video's of some example's of why H series is a good move for those who have more exp then him........
Back to top Go down
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 1:01 am

im not implying this thread is a bad idea, heck i'd feel special for my own thread troll just throwing my 2 cents about how to educate newer guys to the lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
ed6civic
regular
ed6civic

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 1:51 am

Haters gonna hate LOL Jk guys Razz
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:10 am

coach wrote:
kaj wrote:
coach wrote:

I posted 3 video's of some example's of why H series is a good move for those who have more exp then him........

Different thread?

MUACHi wrote:
im not implying this thread is a bad idea, heck i'd feel special for my own thread troll just throwing my 2 cents about how to educate newer guys to the lifestyle.

Ooh, I know. Just saying if the thread is not what this site is about, then I don't mind if they get rid of it. There are plenty of threads for the dude to ask questions in.
Wink

I just foresee it being a lot of them, plus flaming. I was trying to keep it out of the rest of the forum.
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:24 am

idk if this kid is for real after seeing the post in the for sale section.......just hard to get past post that come off as trollish.
Back to top Go down
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:52 pm

coach wrote:
idk if this kid is for real after seeing the post in the for sale section.......just hard to get past post that come off as trollish.

Im kinda skeptical too. but then again I've had way less educated friends in the past.
Back to top Go down
jdmgeek
noob
jdmgeek

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 4:32 pm

im legit i want to know stuff and be able to run with other racers... coach and MUACHI...if you dont think im for real then have me prove it. ill show anyone im for shit. coz aint no mothafucka gonna tell me i aint coz imma prove their ass wrong! lets go. btw the gsr and coilovers idea is great ill go with it. and touge? what are they and how much is the average or do they have a site?
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 4:42 pm

jdmgeek wrote:
im legit i want to know stuff and be able to run with other racers... coach and MUACHI...if you dont think im for real then have me prove it. ill show anyone im for shit. coz aint no mothafucka gonna tell me i aint coz imma prove their ass wrong! lets go. btw the gsr and coilovers idea is great ill go with it. and touge? what are they and how much is the average or do they have a site?

unamused unamused unamused unamused unamused touge... google it.
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 4:47 pm

jdmgeek wrote:
You show up to a meet and then I'll believe this account isn't a troll.

Now as far your asking prices for coilover depends on the brand.
craigslist for a 5 speed 94-95 integra
jhpusa.com
weaksos.com
passwordjdm.com
go look at them. It's really not that hard to search the internet.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 6:00 pm

coach wrote:
It's really not that hard to search the internet.

we don't mind helping, but you do need to exhaust the basic options first. try Google first. try the specialty forums next (honda-tech, etc), then post here. you can usually find anything you need to know right away without having to wait for any of us to respond.

also, definitely come out to a meet. asking in person is easiest. we can give you answers right away and use others' cars as visual aid. plus you will get to meet some really cool peeps.

thumbsup
Back to top Go down
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 10:06 pm

im a cool peep. fthat
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 11:52 pm

MUACHi wrote:
im a cool peep. fthat
you need to come to meets then
Back to top Go down
94db8
regular
94db8

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 11:52 pm

ATTN JDMWEAK!

If you got a question go ASK JEEVES!
NUFF SAID!!
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:07 am

coach wrote:
MUACHi wrote:
im a cool peep. fthat
you need to come to meets then

Doh!
ph34r

94db8 wrote:
ATTN JDMWEAK!

If you got a question go ASK JEEVES!
NUFF SAID!!

Awesome post. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:28 am

ironically meets arent really my thing.... plus they never fit my schedule anyhoo. only time i ever showed up to one was that one that Citi tire threw at chubbys this year - but even that one i was just passing by with my riders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: jdmgeek   ATTN: jdmgeek - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

ATTN: jdmgeek
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next