Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?

Go down 
+8
Garrett
adrian
Rickdaddy
ONE4ONE
illest
STI_Clint
eh_559
S13TypeXFan
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
S13TypeXFan
regular
S13TypeXFan

My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 3:17 am

mk2mike wrote:
Cut your losses.
It's a cheap old ass car, and the value is dead on.
Blue book and Nada values aren't about Drifter Street Value.

Have you taken the car to get an estimate? Considering I work in a collision center, the car is VERY much fixable from what I see. And I see tons of accidents.
Sue the Insurance company of the kid. Or use your uninsured motorist coverage (which I hope you got)

Or try to work a deal out with the kid.

What is there not to understand about how he has insurance, a car, and registered in his name? My 90 year old grand father doesn't have a license, but he still owns a car, has insurance on it, and has it registered in his name.
You only need a license to drive, not own a car.

Worse he will get is a unlicensed driver ticket.
But his insurance should still cover it. Just press the issue.

Chances are your car will salvage out, take the check, buy a new car and use that as a learning experience into the body work world.

I dont want to argue with people regarding the matter anymore, what happened, happened. You are right regarding it being fixable. Its not a easy fix, I have taken it in for estimate to see if I can save the car, it needs to be put on a frame rack, and the trunk bed needs to be replaced, along with rear bumper and panel. Estimated repair cost is gonna be around $3500 with parts and labor and over a month of work. Insurance wont cover that, hence why it is totaled.

So an update, I settled with the insurance, they are gonna pay me a decent amount and I get to keep the car. I already purchased a Clean title 1991 White 240sx SE today. Apparently it has rod knock from a fresh rebuild, so I got the car on the cheap and will inspect it further. If anything ill just swap in my perfectly good motor from my totaled S13. I will post up pics of my new project S13 in the near future. Thanks to those who have wished me well. Hopefully ill have enough leftover money to boost it.
Back to top Go down
Subadubaru
regular
Subadubaru

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 1:30 pm

this ought to be a fun project good luck!
Back to top Go down
SinglecamEJ8
Marketplace Moderator
SinglecamEJ8

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 10:01 pm

wow good luck!!!!!
Back to top Go down
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 10:33 pm

good luck, man. you get to take the best parts from two cars to make one good one. good deal thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Subadubaru
regular
Subadubaru

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:03 pm

kaj wrote:
good luck, man. you get to take the best parts from two cars to make one good one. good deal thumbsup

agreed!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2