Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?

Go down 
+8
Garrett
adrian
Rickdaddy
ONE4ONE
illest
STI_Clint
eh_559
S13TypeXFan
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
S13TypeXFan
regular
S13TypeXFan

My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? Empty
PostSubject: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 1:05 pm

So I was gonna wait til I start working on my engine build to introduce my project 240sx, that day wont come anymore, at least not with this car. Some asshole kid decided to rear end me last night on Blackstone. I was stuck in traffic between Bullard and autocenter drive. Traffic had come to halt, and I was like why have we stopped all of a sudden, before I had a chance to react and change lanes I hear a loud brake screech behind me, I look in my rear view mirror and see an incoming 01 Honda Civic about to rear end me. Just felt helpless at that point as I knew my car was fucked.

1991 Nissan 240sx SE Hatchback
Misty Metallic Blue (Uncommon factory color)
One of the more complete 240sx's I or any other 240sx driver has seen, came with every option the factory had to offer.
Ive put in about a few grand in parts, im not gonna list them, mostly in the Suspension/Drivetrain, and I have been investing time in the car since I bought it late August of last year.

This project car for the most part is over. All because some insurance company, car dealer, and dmv thought it would be OK to insure, sell, and register a illegal immigrant under-aged kid with NO license. They begged me not to call the cops, offered me $1k cash for the damages. I laughed, maybe if they offered me $10k I would've take up their offer. The cops couldn't arrest the kid because he wasn't a U.S. citizen. So they let him call a friend and get a ride home, and impounded his piece of shit. Ill have pics of the car and damages in a bit.

Am I OK?

NO, I'm not, I'm physically in pain, my arm, neck, and back hurt. Mentally I'm still in disbelief that this happened to me and my car. I'm going to rape their insurance company in the ass for this!
Back to top Go down
eh_559
regular
eh_559

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 1:36 pm

That's what happens when you try and hang out on Blackstone greddy
Back to top Go down
STI_Clint
Jesus
STI_Clint

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 2:29 pm

Sorry to hear. One of many reasons why I avoid Blackstone on a weekend night like the plague. Too many kids out playing Toretto on the streets.

Sounds like it was a solid S13 something that's hard to come by now and days. So now that this project is scrapped, what's your next move as far as a new project?
Back to top Go down
illest
regular
illest

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 2:52 pm

Go to a chiropractor and get some free massages man and get some free money from the insurance company! Who cares if you aren't really hurt. They can't feel your pain.

I had a similar situation too when I got rear ended. A Mexican lady rear ended me and she didn't even have a license. The cop let her go though. But only if she had someone come pick her up.
Back to top Go down
S13TypeXFan
regular
S13TypeXFan

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 4:32 pm

Well ive been making phone calls all morning, neither my insurance or theirs sound like they are gonna give me redemption for what happened, so I hired a lawyer to handle the business, I already got a investigator and a doctor appointment today thanks to the lawyer.

As far as my plans, I had 2 goals, 1st to get a S13 hatch and go KA-T. My second goal was to get a S13 coupe convert to Silvia front end and go 450sx (Q45 V8) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Those goals are still mine and I will eventually make those things happen.(Maybe this lawyer can help in the process Wink )
Back to top Go down
S13TypeXFan
regular
S13TypeXFan

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 4:47 pm

Here is the pic of my car

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here are some pics of the damage.

Hard to see the rear quarter panel damage here, but its there.

There is slight damage on the roof, and damage in the trunk bed which I dont have pics for yet.
Back to top Go down
ONE4ONE
Marketplace Moderator
ONE4ONE

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 5:27 pm

NOW THAT SUCKS........
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:45 pm

Deport the kid.
Back to top Go down
adrian
regular
adrian

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 9:21 pm

please dont be mad but you made it seem like he totaled your car? it looks fixable making ignorant comments about the guy is not going to fix your car hope you resolved everything
Back to top Go down
S13TypeXFan
regular
S13TypeXFan

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 1:14 am

adrian wrote:
please dont be mad but you made it seem like he totaled your car? it looks fixable making ignorant comments about the guy is not going to fix your car hope you resolved everything

See this is where you made the mistake of judging the damage of the car based on the 3 pics I put up. Bluebook value on these cars are well undervalued, like around 1500. The damage caused, which if you saw it up close and in person, you can clearly see is well beyond that amount, which makes the car totaled. Any car can be fixable no matter how bad it is, just look at Subadubaru's ride, and as far as making comments about the moron that thought he can drive a car without even going through the proper education and licensing, I have every damn right to say what I want about him. If the fucker didn't even bother to hit his brakes and just came in hot, he would've sandwiched me into the big ass truck in front of me, and my friend and I could be dead. I'm sure you would feel the way I do if it was you and your car, but it wasn't, and don't worry my insurance and attorney will make sure I get compensated.
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 1:17 am

adrian wrote:

a tweaked frame is fixable???? there are flex marks on the passenger side roof.... a dent where the passenger rear quarter panel has been pushed forward... ive seen the car in person and it looks worse in person than in the pictures.
Back to top Go down
adrian
regular
adrian

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 1:32 am

Garrett wrote:
adrian wrote:

a tweaked frame is fixable???? there are flex marks on the passenger side roof.... a dent where the passenger rear quarter panel has been pushed forward... ive seen the car in person and it looks worse in person than in the pictures.

thumbsup
Back to top Go down
adrian
regular
adrian

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 1:36 am

S13TypeXFan wrote:
adrian wrote:

See this is where you made the mistake of judging the damage of the car based on the 3 pics I put up. Bluebook value on these cars are well undervalued, like around 1500. The damage caused, which if you saw it up close and in person, you can clearly see is well beyond that amount, which makes the car totaled. Any car can be fixable no matter how bad it is, just look at Subadubaru's ride, and as far as making comments about the moron that thought he can drive a car without even going through the proper education and licensing, I have every damn right to say what I want about him. If the fucker didn't even bother to hit his brakes and just came in hot, he would've sandwiched me into the big ass truck in front of me, and my friend and I could be dead. I'm sure you would feel the way I do if it was you and your car, but it wasn't, and don't worry my insurance and attorney will make sure I get compensated.

more power to you
Back to top Go down
eh_559
regular
eh_559

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 11:12 am

Looks like it's just worth 1500 though dontknow
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:36 pm

I wonder why my insurance rates are so high. Oh, wait...
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:42 pm

S13TypeXFan wrote:
adrian wrote:
please dont be mad butt you made it seem like he totaled your car? it looks fixable making ignorant comments about the guy is not going to fix your car hope you resolved everything

See this is where you made the mistake of judging the damage of the car based on the 3 pics I put up.

How is that his fault? You're the one that posted the pictures. :-) also you're the one that implied the damage wasn't that bad:

Quote :
There is slight damage on the roof, and damage in the trunk bed which I dont have pics for yet.
Back to top Go down
Subadubaru
regular
Subadubaru

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:00 am

S13TypeXFan wrote:
adrian wrote:

Hey man if there is anything I know damge is extremely decieving! I agree with you! There is something to be said about this country right there!

I got reffed a while back and I had to go into court to ask for an extension. Got in there and had to wait for all the illegals to get their slap on the wrist and have their interpretors explain to them how driving without a seatbelt they can pay 100 dollars in payments of 25 dollars a month and live off of our freakin taxes that they call welfare. It pissed me off!

So this country that we love so much... and I mean that I love this country! It protects everyone who lives within the borders even if they aren't here legally. Flawed system but its the only one we have.

But yeah I'm sorry about that bro! I can tell that there is much more damage that is hiding beneath the sheet metal! Tweaked frame and well I'm worried there is more than that. Sure they can put it up on a frame rack and fix it... but it all costs money so I say sew them for everything and get them to work for their time here in the states! That's the least they can do! They need to atone for their f ups and need to be shown why we work so hard to call this country FREE!!!
Back to top Go down
Subadubaru
regular
Subadubaru

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:02 am

Oh hey and thanks for the representation of my car in your post! I can tell you truly have a knowledge for hard work! In both a car and in life! Good luck bro!
Back to top Go down
adrian
regular
adrian

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:52 am

Subadubaru wrote:
S13TypeXFan wrote:
adrian wrote:

Hey man if there is anything I know damge is extremely decieving! I agree with you! There is something to be said about this country right there!

I got reffed a while back and I had to go into court to ask for an extension. Got in there and had to wait for all the illegals to get their slap on the wrist and have their interpretors explain to them how driving without a seatbelt they can pay 100 dollars in payments of 25 dollars a month and live off of our freakin taxes that they call welfare. It pissed me off!

So this country that we love so much... and I mean that I love this country! It protects everyone who lives within the borders even if they aren't here legally. Flawed system but its the only one we have.

But yeah I'm sorry about that bro! I can tell that there is much more damage that is hiding beneath the sheet metal! Tweaked frame and well I'm worried there is more than that. Sure they can put it up on a frame rack and fix it... but it all costs money so I say sew them for everything and get them to work for their time here in the states! That's the least they can do! They need to atone for their f ups and need to be shown why we work so hard to call this country FREE!!!

you know you have to be a citizen or a permanent resident to receive well fare right?
Back to top Go down
Subadubaru
regular
Subadubaru

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:03 am

Quote :
you know you have to be a citizen or a permanent resident to receive well fare right?

Really? Then please explain to me how my best friends sister who is not a legal immigrant recieves food stamps and both state and federal funding for her and her 3 children?

I will completely and utterly respect what you say! I have every intention to understand and learn the system, but it seems like the system doesn't always work...

F.E.- this kid that hit him and destroyed his beloved vehicle, gets to walk away and cannot be arrested for his screw up because he is an illegal immigrant...

If that was me when I was 15 and didn't have a license I would have been cuffed and my parents would of had to bail me out.
Back to top Go down
adrian
regular
adrian

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:11 am

Subadubaru wrote:

Quote :

Really? Then please explain to me how my best friends sister who is not a legal immigrant recieves food stamps and both state and federal funding for her and her 3 children?

I will completely and utterly respect what you say! I have every intention to understand and learn the system, but it seems like the system doesn't always work...

F.E.- this kid that hit him and destroyed his beloved vehicle, gets to walk away and cannot be arrested for his screw up because he is an illegal immigrant...

If that was me when I was 15 and didn't have a license I would have been cuffed and my parents would of had to bail me out.

then there working the system and your best friend sister is and illegal and you have these feelings towards them ???? does he know ?

i know the op is mad and you as well but you must not take the easy road and hate people who are trying to better them self's who come over here for an opportunity either way is import form not immigration one back tot he real topic best of luck to the op best of luck
Back to top Go down
Subadubaru
regular
Subadubaru

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:17 am

adrian wrote:
Subadubaru wrote:

Quote :

then there working the system and your best friend sister is and illegal and you have these feelings towards them ???? does he know ?

i know the op is mad and you as well but you must not take the easy road and hate people who are trying to better them self's who come over here for an opportunity either way is import form not immigration one back tot he real topic best of luck to the op best of luck

And to end this topic yes he does know! I have no problem with people who come to this great contry to better their lives and for a better opportunity! My friend worked his ass off and gained his citizenship! He resents his sister for not doing the same but instead taking advantage of our flawed system.

But your right! Not to get sidetracked on the real topic! I agree best of luck to the op! Keep us updated and let us know how it all goes down!
Back to top Go down
S13TypeXFan
regular
S13TypeXFan

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 4:45 am

Thanks for the support Subadubaru, what bothers me about the whole mess is this kid was able to purchase a vehicle from a dealership, insure it, and register it all under his name with no license whatsoever, then take it out for a joy ride on a Sunday night without the proper knowledge on how to drive a car in the streets of this country, and he had to go slam his car into mine. The latest on the whole matter is that their insurance has agreed to take 100% liability for what has happened, and they are waiting to receive the appraisal report to take the next step, they also wanted to get info out of me regarding my injury to my neck and back, but I gladly directed them to my attorney. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 9:37 am

How did this turn into an immigration issue? Wtf?

It's an accident. Get the settlement amount for the car, get your medical bills paid for and move on. It sucks to lose your car, but now you can build something even better.
And for anyone trying to rape the system, we all thank you for being the reason we pay so much for insurance.
Just don't complain when you see your payment amount for insuring that honda.
Back to top Go down
mk2mike
regular

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:42 pm

Cut your losses.
It's a cheap old ass car, and the value is dead on.
Blue book and Nada values aren't about Drifter Street Value.

Have you taken the car to get an estimate? Considering I work in a collision center, the car is VERY much fixable from what I see. And I see tons of accidents.
Sue the Insurance company of the kid. Or use your uninsured motorist coverage (which I hope you got)

Or try to work a deal out with the kid.

What is there not to understand about how he has insurance, a car, and registered in his name? My 90 year old grand father doesn't have a license, but he still owns a car, has insurance on it, and has it registered in his name.
You only need a license to drive, not own a car.

Worse he will get is a unlicensed driver ticket.
But his insurance should still cover it. Just press the issue.

Chances are your car will salvage out, take the check, buy a new car and use that as a learning experience into the body work world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?   My what used to be clean 240sx RIP? Empty

Back to top Go down

My what used to be clean 240sx RIP?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next