Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

bill of sale

Go down 
+6
kaj
coach
Garrett
ssbpteg
GREY_STAR
MUACHi
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: bill of sale   bill of sale EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 2:32 am

hey guys, tomorrow im planning on buying something from a stranger without a title. ive checked out the item tonight and it seems like a very good deal (too good to be exact). basically:

1. the item is registered under his bro-n-law, but its his
2. the title has been lost, he applied for a duplicate and it should be here within a week or so
3. he is moving out of state tomorrow and wants to get rid of this item
4. only has a bill of sale for now, but claims to have registration to prove that "they" own it
5. other people are gonna hop on this deal tomorrow like me.

normally i dont even deal with this if they dont have a clear title, but this deal seems like a once in a life time. im doing some research on how to protect myself from a scam right now, anybody got any ideas to throw down?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tommymonchivang
GREY_STAR
regular
GREY_STAR

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: bill of sale   bill of sale EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 3:29 am

its always a risk. my buddy did the same and he had to forge the previous owners name on the duplicate title. also make copy of his ID
Back to top Go down
ssbpteg
regular
ssbpteg

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: bill of sale   bill of sale EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 3:38 am

was on the news the other night where people are selling stolen cars left and right around fresno. Take him with you to DMV LOL
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
Garrett

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: bill of sale   bill of sale EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 3:43 am

call PD, run the VIN
Back to top Go down
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: bill of sale   bill of sale EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 4:00 am

Garrett wrote:
call PD, run the VIN

i actually have a connect with CHP, im gonna run it tomorrow while im there. ideally i wanna have the guy come with me to dmv but i got a feeling theres gonna be some excuse
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: bill of sale   bill of sale EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 9:37 am

just get the vin ran before you buy. as long as you have bill of sale, dl info, and what not you'll be fine. i sold my jeep with out the title. it was in hanford people wanted right then and there told them i dont have it here in fresno, they didnt want to wait, so they just had to pay extra money to do it with out the title. just make sure you go right to the dmv and make the switch after you get said car.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: bill of sale   bill of sale EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 12:11 pm

Sounds like a scam. No title, no sale. Even if legit, you are looking at a headache of paperwork. You may never get a title. A guy I used to know went through this with a truck. Never got the title.
Back to top Go down
2159ClassicRed
regular
2159ClassicRed

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: bill of sale   bill of sale EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 12:37 pm

Better be worth it.
Back to top Go down
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: bill of sale   bill of sale EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 12:55 pm

2159ClassicRed wrote:
Better be worth it.
Wink only one way to find out.
Back to top Go down
nastyhabitzcrx
regular
nastyhabitzcrx

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: bill of sale   bill of sale EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 2:42 pm

how are you supposed to get the title if he's moving tommorrow?
how do you know the inlaw is ok with him selling the car?
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: bill of sale   bill of sale EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 6:22 pm

kaj wrote:
Sounds like a scam. No title, no sale. Even if legit, you are looking at a headache of paperwork. You may never get a title. A guy I used to know went through this with a truck. Never got the title.
people that bought my jeep didnt seem to have an issue, but then again it was mine, not families.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: bill of sale   bill of sale EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:37 pm

coach wrote:
kaj wrote:
people that bought my jeep didnt seem to have an issue, but then again it was mine, not families.

That helps a lot. You can sign paperwork. An alleged family member can't. OP can forge signatures but may need to know DL numbers, etc.
It's been a while, so I can't remember the exact details. I only know Rob was unable to get a title for the truck. I don't even think Pick A Part would take it.
If this is for parts our a VIN swap, then who cares? Lol

Unless it's stolen.. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Garrett

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: bill of sale   bill of sale EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:39 pm

let us know how it goes!
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: bill of sale   bill of sale EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:08 pm

Garrett wrote:
let us know how it goes!
thumbsup
Back to top Go down
leemo559
leemo559

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: bill of sale   bill of sale EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:23 pm

Garrett wrote:
let us know how it goes!

thumbsup
Back to top Go down
esactivesk8r
regular
esactivesk8r

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: bill of sale   bill of sale EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:48 pm

Just have him go with you to dmv if hes a serious seller and wants yo money!
Back to top Go down
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: bill of sale   bill of sale EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 9:51 pm

Sale completed. Owner was willing to go with me to dmv multiple times to help sort out mess from the first owner. I say it was worth it, but I wouldn't do it again.

bill of sale 2012-04-04_15-34-49_77
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: bill of sale   bill of sale EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 10:07 pm

it is a pain, man. good that things worked out for ya, though. congrats!
Back to top Go down
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: bill of sale   bill of sale EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 11:58 pm

yep. plus the seller is now a new riding acquaintance as well. thats one thing i always admire about the bike sport bike scene, most of the people i meet are generally friendly.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: bill of sale   bill of sale EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 12:19 am

true. A bike is a bike. Riding a 600 isn't much different than a 1000. Not like the diff between Honda and Ferrari. not as much desparity. This means less penis measuring. Everyone gets along because they are more or less the same. that's what I noticed, anyway. Less competition, more camaraderie.

MUACHi wrote:
yep. plus the seller is now a new riding acquaintance as well. thats one thing i always admire about the bike sport bike scene, most of the people i meet are generally friendly.
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: bill of sale   bill of sale EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 1:54 am

kaj wrote:
true. A bike is a bike. Riding a 600 isn't much different than a 1000. Not like the diff between Honda and Ferrari. not as much desparity. This means less penis measuring. Everyone gets along because they are more or less the same. that's what I noticed, anyway. Less competition, more camaraderie.

MUACHi wrote:
i beg to differ. 1000 will lift in higher gears as where a 600 wont. now the the everyone gets along thing stands.
Back to top Go down
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: bill of sale   bill of sale EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 2:27 am

coach wrote:
kaj wrote:

MUACHi wrote:
i beg to differ. 1000 will lift in higher gears as where a 600 wont. now the the everyone gets along thing stands.

im perfectly fine with 600 right now. i got no need for 1000cc yet
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: bill of sale   bill of sale EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 2:57 am

coach wrote:
kaj wrote:

MUACHi wrote:

well, yeah. duh. LOL. but i meant in the hierarchy of things; in social class terms, not literally how the bikes behave. liter bike riders don't look down on 600cc riders as, say a Corvette owner looks down on a Honda owner.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: bill of sale   bill of sale EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 2:59 am

MUACHi wrote:
coach wrote:
kaj wrote:

MUACHi wrote:

im perfectly fine with 600 right now. i got no need for 1000cc yet

600s are SO fast these days, there really is no reason to go bigger any more. not only that but they are so light and can be tossed around. i've ridden both and the smaller bikes are much, much more fun. UNLESS you are into drag racing, freeway racing, or something else that requires top speed. other than the front wheel coming up, at will, under full throttle (and being able to control it with the throttle/brake), i always had far more fun with the 600s. just opinion, of course. some people just like MOAR POWAR. haha.
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: bill of sale   bill of sale EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:45 am

kaj wrote:
coach wrote:
kaj wrote:

MUACHi wrote:

well, yeah. duh. LOL. but i meant in the hierarchy of things; in social class terms, not literally how the bikes behave. liter bike riders don't look down on 600cc riders as, say a Corvette owner looks down on a Honda owner.
well one of my closet friends now owns a vette and doesnt look down at me and my silly sedan. matter of fact i out ran him sunday at the fair grounds. just because he was learning the car. lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bill of sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: bill of sale   bill of sale Empty

Back to top Go down

bill of sale
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next