Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

beware of Fresno PD...

Go down 
+10
Garrett
2159ClassicRed
coach
esactivesk8r
da9bigboi
Mynes_3
Ej8Kid
94RSIntegra
Rickdaddy
kaj
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

beware of Fresno PD... Empty
PostSubject: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 5:46 pm

the city is going bankrupt. they are looking at a $60 million deficit over the next five or six years and are desperate to find a solution.

care to guess where they will be looking to make some money?
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:07 pm

kaj wrote:
the city is going bankrupt. they are looking at a $60 million deficit over the next five or six years and are desperate to find a solution.

care to guess where they will be looking to make some money?

60 million? Holy shit.

Be sure not to give cops a reason to pull you over, guys.
Back to top Go down
94RSIntegra
veteran
94RSIntegra

PostSubject: Re: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:10 pm

looks like profiling cars will be on the rise. not good. Now I really need to get the f.ck out of Fresno. I definitely don't want to be a victim of "DWBA", Driving While being Asian".
Back to top Go down
Ej8Kid
Ej8Kid

PostSubject: Re: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:05 pm

I'm screwed. Then again I only take my car to work and back. Once in a while I see a cop during my routine and I'm positive they recognize my car. I drive hella slow lmao.
Back to top Go down
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

PostSubject: Re: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:36 pm

Fvck. This makes me wanna stop building my supra. Gheyass fresno and Ca shit
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:09 pm

I'm stuck in Fresno until 2014. And I drive an import. No bueno.
Back to top Go down
da9bigboi
regular

PostSubject: Re: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:42 pm

I guess I am a victim of this...DAMNIT...
Back to top Go down
esactivesk8r
regular
esactivesk8r

PostSubject: Re: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:10 am

Good thing I sold my hatcback. But then again, it didnt have anything illegal in it. Thanks for the heads up. No wonder theres been cops pulling everyone over.
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:10 am

my answer dont drive like your going to win the sprint cup or give them a reason to pull you over. we can all go back and fourth on this, but if you give them a reason to stop you, ie no front plate, cracked windsheild, yellow head lights, loud muffler, anything its still on us no matter how you look at it.
Back to top Go down
2159ClassicRed
regular
2159ClassicRed

PostSubject: Re: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:26 pm

^^Are you describing your car Coach?
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 2:30 pm

coach wrote:
my answer dont drive like your going to win the sprint cup or give them a reason to pull you over. we can all go back and fourth on this, but if you give them a reason to stop you, ie no front plate, cracked windsheild, yellow head lights, loud muffler, anything its still on us no matter how you look at it.

THIS. i make my car as street legal as possible. especially the night time lighting issue. don't have lights on your car that make you stick out. i.e. yellow, pink, purple, green. you may not get pulled over all the time, but it's an easy reason for a cop to pull you over if he wants to.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 2:47 pm

coach wrote:

To a point. They can make up reasons pull you over i.e. "loud exhaust" or the infamous pop-your-hood "safety inspection". No probable cause necessary.
Back to top Go down
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

PostSubject: Re: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 3:17 pm

Can i refuse to pop my hood??
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 3:19 pm

if you're a white male above the age of 30 you can.
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 3:50 pm

Mynes_3 wrote:

disconnect the latch. tell them its broken. i've heard of that working.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:16 pm

Garrett wrote:
Mynes_3 wrote:

If he's determined, they have the right to impound the car until it's opened. Not sure if they have ever done it, but they have the option.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:36 pm

BTW: the VC they use to pop hoods (VC2804) actually has nothing to do with CARB or the BAR. It's a code allowing them to inspect a vehicle if they think it's too dangerous to be on the road. they need no reason to do this. So, they pop your hood to "see of it's safe". Oh! You have non CARB parts. Ref!
Lame loop hole, but it's effective.
Back to top Go down
94RSIntegra
veteran
94RSIntegra

PostSubject: Re: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 6:20 pm

Garrett wrote:
Mynes_3 wrote:

don't you risk getting impound for that? well getting ref saved me a speeding ticket because the cop gave me the choice to pay for speeding or ref and I said ref. Not all cop will be like that though.
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 6:38 pm

94RSIntegra wrote:
Garrett wrote:
Mynes_3 wrote:

don't you risk getting impound for that? well getting ref saved me a speeding ticket because the cop gave me the choice to pay for speeding or ref and I said ref. Not all cop will be like that though.

lol doesn't look like my idea will fly. But as i said before, this is why i try to keep my car legal in all ways. on my old car i had a cop ask me to pop my hood which i did with no hesitation because i had all carb legal bolt ons. He even called and had someone look up all the carb numbers. He couldn't do anything about it then.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:02 pm

My last three cars have all been legal. I always waited to be asked to pop the hood so I could make the officer work for it. Of course, no luck.
Back to top Go down
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

PostSubject: Re: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 9:05 pm

My new motor isnt legal so i just want to know if i can refuse to pop my hood. Sounds like i have no choice then. FML
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 10:23 pm

You can refuse, but I'm pretty sure the officer will see it as a challenge of his authoiTIE and impound the vehicle.

beware of Fresno PD... Cartman_respect_my_authority-11123
Back to top Go down
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

PostSubject: Re: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 10:58 pm

mann..fvckk.
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 12:02 am

2159ClassicRed wrote:
^^Are you describing your car Coach?
the windsheild yes. i my car just has a horriable drone. lol....
Garrett wrote:
coach wrote:

THIS. i make my car as street legal as possible. especially the night time lighting issue. don't have lights on your car that make you stick out. i.e. yellow, pink, purple, green. you may not get pulled over all the time, but it's an easy reason for a cop to pull you over if he wants to.
Its why my car is bar'ed, has a aem intake and will have a carb legal header.
kaj wrote:
coach wrote:

To a point. They can make up reasons pull you over i.e. "loud exhaust" or the infamous pop-your-hood "safety inspection". No probable cause necessary.
yeah you can say that all day, but i get followed alot. i am also pretty i drive thru more of fresno (well use to) then anyone else does. i drive normal and have only been pulled over for using my cell phone. never got my hood popped and that was right before i had the motor barr'ed. If your an ass with the cop, the cops going to be an ass in turn. its all about how you hold yourself. lets me real im sure about 75% of the "import owners" that get pulled over make it ruff for the other 25% of us. Just keep the attitude in check and you'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 12:11 am

coach wrote:
lets me real im sure about 75% of the "import owners" that get pulled over make it ruff for the other 25% of us. Just keep the attitude in check and you'll be fine.

i had attitude with one cop. first time i got pulled over. He stopped me on the STONE for a loud muffler. Needless to say, my attitude also got me a ticket for no front license plate facepalm . and what sucks is that my plate had been stolen earlier in the week and i didn't report it. so yes, attitude plays a huuuuge part.

from then on, i have been polite and let off easy more times than i have been ticketed. I've been pulled over countless times for license plate lights being out, "car matching the discription of one used in a robbery down the way" and even speeding, and not gotten a ticket because of my attitude. But those cops were cool. others simjply give me a ticket for what they pulled me over for.

cliffs: be polite, be legal. that is all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: beware of Fresno PD...   beware of Fresno PD... Empty

Back to top Go down

beware of Fresno PD...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next