Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good service on my front lower bushing removal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
da9bigboi
regular

Good service on my front lower bushing removal Empty
PostSubject: Good service on my front lower bushing removal   Good service on my front lower bushing removal EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:25 pm

I took these to Ron's machine shop for like 3-4 hours and they hmu and said they couldn't take em out. So I hit up another spot on golden state Keith's automotive and said its impossible to take off. They will bend. Only way is to buy new front control arms. Psshh Please...so why was energy suspension made for. Or oem replacement. Duhh...but I hit up asp2. Nope said couldn't. Or REVSPEED but he never answered. And hit up Asr last and they said just bring em in. Went there 1st time and done like less than 30mins. Excellent. Well go there for future problems...thumbs up...Not bashing on Ron's. I'll still go there. They got good stuff too. They also resurfaced my flywheel and took off my upper camber bushings today.

I guess best thing to do with Honda or Acura is to take it to the Honda people's.
Back to top Go down
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Good service on my front lower bushing removal   Good service on my front lower bushing removal EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:07 pm

always best to take hondas to someone that knows hondas. as for the bushings, removing old ones is a pain in the ass. maybe they were just lazy. LOL. but it's really no fun, for reals. maybe they didn't have the right fittings for their presses or something? dunno. dontknow
Back to top Go down
leemo559
leemo559

PostSubject: Re: Good service on my front lower bushing removal   Good service on my front lower bushing removal EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 12:03 am

sometimes if the money aint right...its not worth it....
Back to top Go down
da9bigboi
regular

PostSubject: Re: Good service on my front lower bushing removal   Good service on my front lower bushing removal EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 12:46 pm

Yeah..Ron's didn't have the fittings for em. When I first brought em in one employee said they didn't really like working on those parts...control arms camber bushings etc..the other guy at Keith's said it wasn't worth it. So u right haha. I did the rear trailing arms myself and they where a pain in the ass...didn't have tools so I had to buy a mini torch and burn it out..scrape/sand etc...but I'm almost done with the whole energy sus kit so I'm happy with the hard parts done.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

PostSubject: Re: Good service on my front lower bushing removal   Good service on my front lower bushing removal EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 1:44 pm

let us know how they feel when your done
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tommymonchivang
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Good service on my front lower bushing removal   Good service on my front lower bushing removal EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 2:57 pm

if you really wanna be baller, tap holes in all the control arms, etc and put grease gun fittings in. then you can keep them greased up and never have to deal with squeaking bushings. i mean.. it's not much more work considering all the labor you are putting into swapping bushings. if you do it, you will thank yourself later!
Back to top Go down
da9bigboi
regular

PostSubject: Re: Good service on my front lower bushing removal   Good service on my front lower bushing removal EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 11:08 pm

MUACHi wrote:
let us know how they feel when your done

Ok pho sho.
Back to top Go down
da9bigboi
regular

PostSubject: Re: Good service on my front lower bushing removal   Good service on my front lower bushing removal EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 11:09 pm

kaj wrote:
if you really wanna be baller, tap holes in all the control arms, etc and put grease gun fittings in. then you can keep them greased up and never have to deal with squeaking bushings. i mean.. it's not much more work considering all the labor you are putting into swapping bushings. if you do it, you will thank yourself later!

Really. Idk bout that. I'll look into it.
Back to top Go down
ASP559
Local vendor

PostSubject: Re: Good service on my front lower bushing removal   Good service on my front lower bushing removal EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:30 am

We take our bushing jobs to ASR also. He can get it done right and i dont know how he does it. Oem bushings are terrible lol
Back to top Go down
da9bigboi
regular

PostSubject: Re: Good service on my front lower bushing removal   Good service on my front lower bushing removal EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:39 pm

Yeah they are. Next time I'm just gonna have someone completely install them. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good service on my front lower bushing removal   Good service on my front lower bushing removal Empty

Back to top Go down

Good service on my front lower bushing removal
Page 1 of 1