Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Go down 
+3
Ramiro07
MUACHi
STI_Clint
7 posters
AuthorMessage
STI_Clint
Jesus
STI_Clint

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy XIII-2   Final Fantasy XIII-2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:46 am

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Final-fantasy-xiii-2

Anybody pick this game up? I've been playing it religiously since it released and after getting as far as I have into the game I can say it's a HUGE improvement over Final Fantasy XIII-1. The story is more interesting, Gameplay is more fluid, and no longer is there linear gameplay due to the Time Paradox they added to the story. My only gripe about this game is that the soundtrack isn't as great as the first one. The battle music is less catchy and the boss battle music consists of heavy metal screamo type music. It's not bad but not great compared to previous titles.

Considering the other crap that's been released on PS3 I give this game a 8/10 since it's refreshing. If it were back in the PSX/PS2 days when RPG's were at it's prime I'd rate this game a 6/10. So far Star Ocean Last hope: International has been the best true RPG released on PS3 yet.

Back to top Go down
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2   Final Fantasy XIII-2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:53 am

man, i really want to! but the first game destroyed my confidence in square enix so bad i dont think i can ever love FF again. besides im still stuck on Skyrim for now, 4 months NOW!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tommymonchivang
Ramiro07
regular
Ramiro07

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2   Final Fantasy XIII-2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:25 am

Is the summoning system the same as the first part? i never played it was thinking of picking it up but heard too many bad things about it. I started watching videos on the summons like shiva, ifirit etc. and didnt like the whole mounting part.......Also would playing the second part suck without knowing the first parts story very well?
Back to top Go down
JDMxiong
noob
JDMxiong

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2   Final Fantasy XIII-2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 4:30 am

big improvement from ff13, got the game tuesday afternoon beat it thursday night w/ doing shit load of side quest. could not put down the game the first 5 days, thats how great of an improvement it was from ff13. 1000/1000 achievement club
Back to top Go down
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2   Final Fantasy XIII-2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 4:37 am

guess ill take your guys word on it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tommymonchivang
STI_Clint
Jesus
STI_Clint

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2   Final Fantasy XIII-2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 12:27 am

MUACHi wrote:
man, i really want to! but the first game destroyed my confidence in square enix so bad i dont think i can ever love FF again. besides im still stuck on Skyrim for now, 4 months NOW!!

FFXIII was a flop. The story was predictable in FFXIII-1 and the linear game play killed it for me but in FFXIII-2 well I don't want to spoil anything but what you thought was the ending of part one wasn't the real ending. Like I said the story is a little more interesting and you have much more freedom in this game. Also they added Chocobo races again Woot! lol.

Elder Scrolls Morrowind killed any interest of me ever wanting to play an Elder Scrolls game ever again. I played Morrowind on PC and it was a huge snooze fest for me. I'm not into the whole First person RPG or First person games in general. I hear people bow down to Skyrim as if it was the best thing ever made but I can't seem to get interested in it.

Still this game falls short from what Square has pumped out. It's no FFVII / VIII / IX but PS3 lacks true RPG's.

Ramiro07 wrote:
Is the summoning system the same as the first part? i never played it was thinking of picking it up but heard too many bad things about it. I started watching videos on the summons like shiva, ifirit etc. and didnt like the whole mounting part.......Also would playing the second part suck without knowing the first parts story very well?

They made quite a few battle improvements from Part 1. The big change in this game is the fact that you only have two main party members and your third party member is a monster that you capture by shear luck. Each monster has a certain set Paridigm to them. So catching multiple monsters is a must. For Ex: If you capture a Behemoth it would be a Commando class monster so it would only use Commando type abilities. Each monster has their own "Crystarium" grid also so choosing each monster carefully is key also as investing too many items to level up your monster and finding out it has shit abilities and stats would totally suck.

For the most part Summons are out of the picture in this game. They were kinda lame in Part 1 anyways.

As for the Story if you never completed the first Final Fantasy XIII-1 it would appear to be confusing in Final Fantasy XIII-2. It gives a piss poor overview that you can read in the Menu about all the different factions and what happened after the events of FFXIII-1 but in the story it flashes back to the ending of part 1 quite a bit and the events that really happened (some what of a spoiler already lol)

JDMxiong wrote:
big improvement from ff13, got the game tuesday afternoon beat it thursday night w/ doing shit load of side quest. could not put down the game the first 5 days, thats how great of an improvement it was from ff13. 1000/1000 achievement club

Damn! How many hours you have logged? lol. I'm at the middle of chapter 4 but I'm at a point where a large number of the side quests should be completed before moving on to episode 5. I must say though that the main story is pretty short but the amount of side quests is astronomical. Did you get all 160 Fragments?!
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2   Final Fantasy XIII-2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 12:32 am

Just saw the ending, it was an okay game.

4 out of 10.

ff7 for life!
Back to top Go down
STI_Clint
Jesus
STI_Clint

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2   Final Fantasy XIII-2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 12:33 am

Rickdaddy wrote:

4 out of 10.

ff7 for life!

How do you watch the ending and judge the rest of the game? lol.
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2   Final Fantasy XIII-2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 1:10 am

STI_Clint wrote:
Rickdaddy wrote:

4 out of 10.

ff7 for life!

simple, the higher the final fantasy, the lower the rating is!
Back to top Go down
STI_Clint
Jesus
STI_Clint

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2   Final Fantasy XIII-2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 1:14 am

Rickdaddy wrote:
STI_Clint wrote:
Rickdaddy wrote:

4 out of 10.

ff7 for life!

simple, the higher the final fantasy, the lower the rating is!

Wrong! Lol. FFXII was great! Way better than FFX IMO.
Back to top Go down
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2   Final Fantasy XIII-2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:44 am

Ff7 and 10 owns!!! Lol jk. Might pick this one up. Havent play ff since 05.
Back to top Go down
STI_Clint
Jesus
STI_Clint

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2   Final Fantasy XIII-2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:16 am

Just beat this game. I took my sweet time in completing it. The last boss was quite a handful to defeat. I'm not sure If I'm going to go for 100% completion as one of the requirements is 100% completion of the enemy Bestiary and 100 % completion of all of the maps! ! ! F that ! ! ! fthat fthat fthat fthat Obtaining the fragments at Serendipity is quite a chore as well. I'm taking a break and moving on to another RPG I just picked up today "Tales of Graces!" I hear it's pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
SNATCHBACK
regular
SNATCHBACK

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2   Final Fantasy XIII-2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 4:18 am

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2   Final Fantasy XIII-2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIII-2
Page 1 of 1