Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

petition for smog exemption

Go down 
+4
SinglecamEJ8
nastyhabitzcrx
Ej8Kid
92eg
8 posters
AuthorMessage
92eg
noob
92eg

petition for smog exemption  Empty
PostSubject: petition for smog exemption    petition for smog exemption  EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 1:51 am

Ran across this and just wanted to share it here, read about it might be worth a try to sign

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/petition/individuals-who-modify-their-vehicles-run-cleaner-alternate-fuels-e85-cng-etc-can-apply-be-smog/XRhzHptF?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl
Back to top Go down
Ej8Kid
Ej8Kid

PostSubject: Re: petition for smog exemption    petition for smog exemption  EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 10:35 am

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
nastyhabitzcrx
regular
nastyhabitzcrx

PostSubject: Re: petition for smog exemption    petition for smog exemption  EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 12:24 pm

fuck, too bad the only e85 station in this area closed down Mad
Back to top Go down
SinglecamEJ8
Marketplace Moderator
SinglecamEJ8

PostSubject: Re: petition for smog exemption    petition for smog exemption  EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 12:45 pm

thats cool...

http://www.killcarb.org/

i like this better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nastyhabitzcrx
regular
nastyhabitzcrx

PostSubject: Re: petition for smog exemption    petition for smog exemption  EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:46 pm

SinglecamEJ8 wrote:
thats cool...

http://www.killcarb.org/

i like this better Very Happy

i like that too. fuck carb, never seen an agency with so many supervisors for that few employees.
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: petition for smog exemption    petition for smog exemption  EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 9:21 pm

thumbsup
Back to top Go down
mk2mike
regular

PostSubject: Re: petition for smog exemption    petition for smog exemption  EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:31 pm

CNG converted cars are already smog exempt.

My friends 280zx (82') was "converted" in 2005 and hasn't been smogged since.
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: petition for smog exemption    petition for smog exemption  EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:32 pm

but... is it E85?
Back to top Go down
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

PostSubject: Re: petition for smog exemption    petition for smog exemption  EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 11:31 pm

CNG kits are pretty common. I almost went that route at one time. I forget what changed my mind..
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: petition for smog exemption    petition for smog exemption  EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 7:03 pm

mk2mike wrote:
CNG converted cars are already smog exempt.

My friends 280zx (82') was "converted" in 2005 and hasn't been smogged since.
Yeah and i know alot of people in la that have done that.

Rickdaddy wrote:
but... is it E85?
No its not. The e85 is waste at the moment due to the fact you got to drive too medesto to get it.

kaj wrote:
CNG kits are pretty common. I almost went that route at one time. I forget what changed my mind..
I wonder the same
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: petition for smog exemption    petition for smog exemption  EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 7:21 pm

what i don't understand, is that we have an ethanol processing plant in Madera, off of Ave 12. why in hell can't we get some of that?

anyway.. the only drawback to CNG is you will still get your hood popped and sent to the ref. you will then have to make sure it's functioning again before you go. but hell... that's the same any time you get a ref ticket, with any part.
the semi-rare trip to a ref is waaaay better than having to smog your call every two years.

i'm gonna have to look into how this works. i'm assuming they have to certify you as being CNG. in doing so, you probably have to show you have removed the petrol devices, such as fuel tank/pump/etc?
that would suck.
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: petition for smog exemption    petition for smog exemption  EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 7:58 pm

kaj wrote:
what i don't understand, is that we have an ethanol processing plant in Madera, off of Ave 12. why in hell can't we get some of that?

anyway.. the only drawback to CNG is you will still get your hood popped and sent to the ref. you will then have to make sure it's functioning again before you go. but hell... that's the same any time you get a ref ticket, with any part.
the semi-rare trip to a ref is waaaay better than having to smog your call every two years.

i'm gonna have to look into how this works. i'm assuming they have to certify you as being CNG. in doing so, you probably have to show you have removed the petrol devices, such as fuel tank/pump/etc?
that would suck.
thats a good reason?
Back to top Go down
SinglecamEJ8
Marketplace Moderator
SinglecamEJ8

PostSubject: Re: petition for smog exemption    petition for smog exemption  EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 1:39 pm

there is an Ethanol processing plant in Goshen right off the 99 too..... i no undatand dontknow
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: petition for smog exemption    petition for smog exemption  EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 5:18 pm

coach wrote:
kaj wrote:

that would suck.
thats a good reason?

i'm just making a common-sense assumption. i actually have no clue of what is involved. i did a quick google search and there really isn't much centralized info on it. looks like a BITCH of a project just to get the correct info together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: petition for smog exemption    petition for smog exemption  Empty

Back to top Go down

petition for smog exemption
Page 1 of 1