Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Android vs iPhone

Go down 
+6
YATTY
Mynes_3
90integra01
kaj
Garrett
Rickdaddy
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

Android vs iPhone - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Android vs iPhone   Android vs iPhone - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:05 am

I've had 3 android phones. i personally dont care enough to spend the time doing all that. i hated spending the time to jail break, then unlock, then get the mms to work thru boot legs when i had the iphone on t-moblie. now that im on att i have an un jail broke phone. its got everything i want on it and thats all that matters. phone refernce, htc hd2 with a rom load of android on it wasnt nerd enough to get it to work right. one i cant remember the name of and then i had a mytouch4g for a while was kinda happy but it was lack luster real fast. I've been happy with my iphone 4 for some time now.
Back to top Go down
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Android vs iPhone   Android vs iPhone - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 11:12 am

If I were to leave a phone pretty much stock, I'd probably be happy withs' iPhone as well. I'm just picky and like customization. I like being able to get rid of all the bs apps that Verizon starts me with. Free tethering is a plus that Android peeps usually have to pay for. But it does take a LOT of reading, as nobody has put out a step-by-step-for-dummies how-to on rooting/installing a new ROM.
Oh, and adding battery life or making the phone faster are bonuses, as well.
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Android vs iPhone   Android vs iPhone - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 11:18 am

there's usually step by steps now on the XDA forums but each companies that make the phones are different.

For example, it took me hours to root and install the custom rom in my HTC since HTC requires you to do a lot of shit to have S-OFF. Whereas it only took Nisan (GRBeastin) literally 5 minutes for his Samsung Galaxy S2.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Android vs iPhone   Android vs iPhone - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:29 pm

I found some how-tos, they just use words that I don't understand.
Back to top Go down
la_negra_94
regular
la_negra_94

PostSubject: Re: Android vs iPhone   Android vs iPhone - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 4:26 pm

Is there anybody that would root my inspire for me? Cuz I'm not too good with computers and all that stuff.
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Android vs iPhone   Android vs iPhone - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 4:33 pm

la_negra_94 wrote:
Is there anybody that would root my inspire for me? Cuz I'm not too good with computers and all that stuff.

just spend some time reading it and you'll learn as you go. i'm a complete noob when it comes to phones but I was able to root and installed a rom for mine. if you're unable to do it then i tihnk there was a guy on craigslist that was willing to root it for 20 dollars.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Android vs iPhone   Android vs iPhone - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 5:34 pm

Don't forget to do a COMPLETE wipe of your phone and do not use a ROM installer. Otherwise, it will never work right.
Back to top Go down
GRBeaSTin
regular
GRBeaSTin

PostSubject: Re: Android vs iPhone   Android vs iPhone - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:33 pm

kaj wrote:
Don't forget to do a COMPLETE wipe of your phone and do not use a ROM installer. Otherwise, it will never work right.

That's one of the main things that needs to be done otherwise you get Super User errors. #SU <--- looks like that on the android task bar. Different phones have different ways of rooting, I know the samsung phones are the easiest to root, HTC and Motorolas seem to be a little more complex. It only took me 5 minutes to root because I was backing up all my apps and downloading software, but after I was done with that, 2 minutes to do the entire rooting process if even that. I'm getting about 3400 on quadrant standard with an untouched kernel. As soon as I figure out why the stupid android market won't let me download paid apps, I'll be overclocking to 1.5 and score roughly 5000 with a stock kernel and 7200+ with a modded kernel.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Android vs iPhone   Android vs iPhone - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:59 pm

GRBeaSTin wrote:
kaj wrote:

That's one of the main things that needs to be done otherwise you get Super User errors. #SU <--- looks like that on the android task bar. Different phones have different ways of rooting, I know the samsung phones are the easiest to root, HTC and Motorolas seem to be a little more complex. It only took me 5 minutes to root because I was backing up all my apps and downloading software, but after I was done with that, 2 minutes to do the entire rooting process if even that. I'm getting about 3400 on quadrant standard with an untouched kernel. As soon as I figure out why the stupid android market won't let me download paid apps, I'll be overclocking to 1.5 and score roughly 5000 with a stock kernel and 7200+ with a modded kernel.

A see now you're talking like the how-tos I read: over my head. Lol
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Android vs iPhone   Android vs iPhone - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 10:09 pm

GRBeaSTin wrote:
kaj wrote:

Mine is over 9000. come at me bro
Back to top Go down
GRBeaSTin
regular
GRBeaSTin

PostSubject: Re: Android vs iPhone   Android vs iPhone - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 10:59 pm

kaj wrote:
GRBeaSTin wrote:
kaj wrote:

lol, I'm not really a how-to, just did a little bit of reading.
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Android vs iPhone   Android vs iPhone - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:03 pm

currently flashing the Sense 3.5 rom into my sensation. This will be good enough until icecream sandwich 4.0 is out~!
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Android vs iPhone   Android vs iPhone - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 6:54 pm

GRBeaSTin wrote:
kaj wrote:
GRBeaSTin wrote:
kaj wrote:

Whaa? Oh, no...I said you SOUND like the how-tos I read. Lol. Speaking German.
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Android vs iPhone   Android vs iPhone - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 7:06 pm

Rickdaddy wrote:
currently flashing the Sense 3.5 rom into my sensation. This will be good enough until icecream sandwich 4.0 is out~!

what a pos the beta was. word to you all, stick with what people are using comfortablly
Back to top Go down
GRBeaSTin
regular
GRBeaSTin

PostSubject: Re: Android vs iPhone   Android vs iPhone - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 10:02 pm

kaj wrote:
GRBeaSTin wrote:
kaj wrote:
GRBeaSTin wrote:
kaj wrote:

Whaa? Oh, no...I said you SOUND like the how-tos I read. Lol. Speaking German.

Ja ja, Sprechen sie Deutsch? Ich habe es fur drei jahre gelerne.
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Android vs iPhone   Android vs iPhone - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 10:20 pm

Das Auto.

On a side note, I FINALLY got snes games working on my sensation. I LOVE IT.
Back to top Go down
ed6civic
regular
ed6civic

PostSubject: Re: Android vs iPhone   Android vs iPhone - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:53 am

what are some good apps for rooted phones
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Android vs iPhone   Android vs iPhone - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 2:04 pm

the Panda ap, pretty much a blackmarket ap that allows you to get some aps that they orignally charge for, for free.

also, hands down, snes emulator w/ room (dunno if you even needa be rooted for that one or not)
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Android vs iPhone   Android vs iPhone - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 1:32 am

I've never been able to get emulators to work...sad fail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Android vs iPhone   Android vs iPhone - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Android vs iPhone
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2