Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WTB: Evo IX parts

Go down 
+2
coach
kaj
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

WTB: Evo IX parts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:29 pm

2159ClassicRed wrote:
kaj wrote:

400hp isn't a wear item and I don't need expensive tires to enjoy it. I do not need $1000 tires for daily driving. That's just the reality of it. I'd never notice the difference while driving around town.
As a bonus, "not so sticky" tires are a lot of fun in an awd car.
headbang

So your logic is, $1k tires ain't no use, but you must have 18s to increase your future costs? Ummmm...........hate to tell you, slippy tires = plowMANIA. If that's your definition of fun, be my guest. Rolling Eyes

kaj wrote:

If my life revolved around driving events, I'd still be happy. My auto-x times were right up there with some people that were on a much better tire. I even beat a few. That's good enough for me. Not to mention my tires are much cheaper and last 50% longer.
dontknow
It's hard to beat the math.

I respect your first sentence, but to mention that your tires will last 50% longer. I'll have to call BS on that. Do you ever question the reason why v12s cost so cheap?

kaj wrote:

However! If I keep my stock 17" wheels a extras, I WILL be wrapping them with RS3s.

But that would conflict your "TacoBell" rule. dontknow

i did not buy this car to autox. i bought it to enjoy how i see fit. once you understand this, you will understand where i'm coming from.

to be more specific to your comments:
-18" wheels look better. that's why i'm getting them. not to do better at auto-x. and yes, less grippy tires are fun because i can get the car sideways from time to time. not only is it easier, but i'd be shredding tires that cost a lot less. like said "how i see fit", not for auto-x/track days. these are DAILY DRIVEN WHEELS AND TIRES.
thumbsup
-"50%" longer was my exaggerating to make a point.
-my "taco bell rule" pertains to daily driven wheels and tires, not a track-dedicated setup. i will not be going through taco bell on my track tires unless i happen to roll through on my way home from the fairgrounds.

this car is not a competition car. i don't park it and only take to to events. i drive it every day, to work, school, etc. i really can't think of a way to explain it any better. if you want to go put sticky tires on every vehicle you own, go ahead. make that mini van stick like glue. i have no need to have the ability to take onramps at 80mph.
Back to top Go down

WTB: Evo IX parts
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2