Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WTB: Evo IX parts

Go down 
+2
coach
kaj
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

WTB: Evo IX parts Empty
PostSubject: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:08 am

let me know any after market parts you have. thanks.
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:26 am

kaj wrote:
lol.......already?
Back to top Go down
2159ClassicRed
regular
2159ClassicRed

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 11:59 am

Your first order of business should be an investment in some good street rubber, not that v12 crap. Then an alignment and have at it!

I recommend everyone to learn their car in stock form before making serious modifications to it. Most will be amazed how well their cars are from the factory.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:26 pm

coach wrote:
kaj wrote:
lol.......already?

No time like the present. :-)

2159ClassicRed wrote:
Your first order of business should be an investment in some good street rubber, not that v12 crap. Then an alignment and have at it!

I recommend everyone to learn their car in stock form before making serious modifications to it. Most will be amazed how well their cars are from the factory.

I'll take that under advisement, but I'm not putting expensive tires on a car I daily to work/school/road trips. those would go on a second set of wheels.
I've had the exact same car. I'm very familiar with it as well as how it responds to different modifications.
thumbsup
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 11:15 pm

2159ClassicRed wrote:

It is very true, thus. Minus my ls motor, my car has just a rear sway bar and is on stock itr shocks and spring's and I was was a tenth off a lightly modd'ed evo with v12's and a more modd'ed wrx was a couple of tenth's ahead of me. I have no camber at all either. All I really need is a limited slip to approve this set-up as it set's.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 2:15 am

coach wrote:
2159ClassicRed wrote:

It is very true, thus. Minus my ls motor, my car has just a rear sway bar and is on stock itr shocks and spring's and I was was a tenth off a lightly modd'ed evo with v12's and a more modd'ed wrx was a couple of tenth's ahead of me. I have no camber at all either. All I really need is a limited slip to approve this set-up as it set's.

for sure. tires make all the difference. power doesn't matter if the car doesn't stick. you had tires, suspension, and a motor. that makes it even more fun. like i said: i'm not putting sticky tires on a daily driver. i do 90% of my mileage around town. it would be a waste. if i had a set of "fun" wheels, i would do that for sure. toughing out stiff suspension on the street is bad enough. but tires wear fast and get super expensive. no way, jose. Smile
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:45 am

kaj wrote:
coach wrote:
2159ClassicRed wrote:

for sure. tires make all the difference. power doesn't matter if the car doesn't stick. you had tires, suspension, and a motor. that makes it even more fun. like i said: i'm not putting sticky tires on a daily driver. i do 90% of my mileage around town. it would be a waste. if i had a set of "fun" wheels, i would do that for sure. toughing out stiff suspension on the street is bad enough. but tires wear fast and get super expensive. no way, jose. Smile
I have Stock shock's and spring's nothing fancy really about it. When I do prep the car for sm/smf it will be on koni's and such. Still Nothing beats having a nice set of tires.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 5:12 am

coach wrote:
kaj wrote:
coach wrote:
2159ClassicRed wrote:

I have Stock shock's and spring's nothing fancy really about it. When I do prep the car for sm/smf it will be on koni's and such. Still Nothing beats having a nice set of tires.

well. "stock" shocks and springs would be civic shocks and springs. you upgraded. that makes a huge difference in the right direction. put in your stock civic engine, stock shocks and springs, then ditch the rear sway bar. then go drive your car. THAT is stock. Very Happy
i'm really not looking to any more than you did: lowering springs and newer struts. other than that, i'll be tuning the car with no bolt ons what-so-ever. we'll see how it does then. as i've said twice: no sense in having sticky tires for commuting. it's a waste of money. i want (!) RS3s, but don't need them for the Taco Bell drive thu.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 5:58 pm

kaj wrote:
coach wrote:
kaj wrote:
coach wrote:
2159ClassicRed wrote:

well. "stock" shocks and springs would be civic shocks and springs. you upgraded. that makes a huge difference in the right direction. put in your stock civic engine, stock shocks and springs, then ditch the rear sway bar. then go drive your car. THAT is stock. Very Happy
i'm really not looking to any more than you did: lowering springs and newer struts. other than that, i'll be tuning the car with no bolt ons what-so-ever. we'll see how it does then. as i've said twice: no sense in having sticky tires for commuting. it's a waste of money. i want (!) RS3s, but don't need them for the Taco Bell drive thu.
Very Happy
I dont commute my good tires and I drive way more then 99% of the people on here. I avg 1300 mile's a week.
Back to top Go down
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Shit....thats how much i do a month or 2
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:42 pm

coach wrote:
kaj wrote:
coach wrote:
kaj wrote:
coach wrote:
2159ClassicRed wrote:

Very Happy
I dont commute my good tires and I drive way more then 99% of the people on here. I avg 1300 mile's a week.

price of your tires > price of my tires. I'm pretty sure I would go through them faster too. Lol

15" rs3 = $472
17" = $608
When i get my 18's = $1052.

Ya feel me?
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 11:54 pm

your price's are why I keep playing with honda's. When I buy my a6's it set me back 9 bill's. I love that fact. It's worth it imo. If I got a FRS or something new it would have to have rota's with star spec's on it for auto x. Tire's make a huge difference. I want to see the new whip btw.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:05 am

coach wrote:
your price's are why I keep playing with honda's. When I buy my a6's it set me back 9 bill's. I love that fact. It's worth it imo. If I got a FRS or something new it would have to have rota's with star spec's on it for auto x. Tire's make a huge difference. I want to see the new whip btw.

i tried to buy Rotas for the WRX. still expensive. damn it. i have my stock wheels now. they are 17s and will work with my slicks. What a Face

i will be buying 18s for street tires.

the car needs some polishing before ANYONE sees it. LOL. it will have the clutch finished on Wed or Fri. right now it's not really drivable.
Back to top Go down
4G63
noob
4G63

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:13 pm

coach wrote:

I avg 1300 a year. (a little more or less) Laughing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ggix87
regular
ggix87

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:49 pm

Sweet let's see a pic of the new toy welcome back and what are you looking for as far as mods go?
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 9:34 pm

ggix87 wrote:
Sweet let'smeane a pic of the new toy welcome back and what are you looking for as far as mods go?

When I say parts, I don't mean aftermarket only. I need a driver side outer tie rod end/ball joint, the key sensor for the ignition switch, maybe some struts. I need some type of wheel in 18". I need an exhaust, test pipe, down pipe, licp, and injectors. That should just about do it.
Ooooh....and forged connecting rods. And cams. Lol
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 9:37 pm

And head studs. And a head gasket. And a timing/balance belt kit.
Back to top Go down
4G63
noob
4G63

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 9:45 pm

You getting just some beefed up rods, Jay? Or you going stroker? Might as well go big on the turbo too while you're at it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ggix87
regular
ggix87

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 9:51 pm

I have a thing or two on that list 9struts on tanabe springs, down pipe,and injectors I'll let u know on the injectors one of my friends wanted them I'll have to ask him if he still wants them fic1250 perfect for your e85 map lol
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 12:35 am

4G63 wrote:
You getting just some beefed up rods, Jay? Or you going stroker? Might as well go big on the turbo too while you're at it. Very Happy

Well. One cyl needs rings. May as well do all of them. Well....we have nearly-free pistons...may as well....so then may as well also do rods. That's how that all came to be. Lol. definitely not horsepower hungry. I figure I can hit 400whp and still have a very responsive car. I'm not interested in a giant turbo that never gets any use. I like to have fun, not have a dyno/freeway queen. I'm after useable power. I can't wait!

ggix87 wrote:
I have a thing or two on that list 9struts on tanabe springs, down pipe,and injectors I'll let u know on the injectors one of my friends wanted them I'll have to ask him if he still wants them fic1250 perfect for your e85 map lol

Cool! I only do pump gas, though. I like simple and consistent. No e85, meth, etc. leery me know some prices. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
ggix87
regular
ggix87

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 12:44 am

If your gunna open and replace rings and rods don't forget to do rod bolts & head studs I said e85 cause your stock turbo can get you very close and there's always map switching on the stock ecu so pump for daily and e85 for auto and track days and you can be there well it cost me 1200 to get up to 348/342 and all my car had was 3" turboback injectors and a walboro I'll pm u some prices Smile
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 1:19 am

ggix87 wrote:
If your gunna open and replace rings and rods don't forget to do rod bolts & head studs I said e85 cause your stock turbo can get you very close and there's always map switching on the stock ecu so pump for daily and e85 for auto and track days and you can be there well it cost me 1200 to get up to 348/342 and all my car had was 3" turboback injectors and a walboro I'll pm u some prices Smile

The rods come with bolts and head studs are a given, so I didn't think to list them. No e85. Lol I don't mind a bigger turbo. thanks in advance for the price list, yo.
Back to top Go down
2159ClassicRed
regular
2159ClassicRed

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 2:58 am

kaj wrote:
but don't need them for the Taco Bell drive thu. Very Happy

That doesn't follow my friend. Do you need 400hp or even 300hp for a drive thru? Technically you could walk thru it.

I feel you on the price of tires, as I just spent nearly a grand on a set of *specs and will need to dish out another $1400 for next season's crack. To me personally, it's just a waste of time rolling around on craptastic v12s. I can put money that a set of *specs vs. v12s will last just as long in the same driving conditions, but the Dunlops will just perform outright BETTER.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:38 am

2159ClassicRed wrote:
kaj wrote:
but don't need them for the Taco Bell drive thu. Very Happy

That doesn't follow my friend. Do you need 400hp or even 300hp for a drive thru? Technically you could walk thru it.

I feel you on the price of tires, as I just spent nearly a grand on a set of *specs and will need to dish out another $1400 for next season's crack. To me personally, it's just a waste of time rolling around on craptastic v12s. I can put money that a set of *specs vs. v12s will last just as long in the same driving conditions, but the Dunlops will just perform outright BETTER.

400hp isn't a wear item and I don't need expensive tires to enjoy it. I do not need $1000 tires for daily driving. That's just the reality of it. I'd never notice the difference while driving around town.
As a bonus, "not so sticky" tires are a lot of fun in an awd car.
headbang

If my life revolved around driving events, I'd still be happy. My auto-x times were right up there with some people that were on a much better tire. I even beat a few. That's good enough for me. Not to mention my tires are much cheaper and last 50% longer.
dontknow
It's hard to beat the math.

However! If I keep my stock 17" wheels a extras, I WILL be wrapping them with RS3s.
Back to top Go down
2159ClassicRed
regular
2159ClassicRed

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:07 pm

kaj wrote:

400hp isn't a wear item and I don't need expensive tires to enjoy it. I do not need $1000 tires for daily driving. That's just the reality of it. I'd never notice the difference while driving around town.
As a bonus, "not so sticky" tires are a lot of fun in an awd car.
headbang

So your logic is, $1k tires ain't no use, but you must have 18s to increase your future costs? Ummmm...........hate to tell you, slippy tires = plowMANIA. If that's your definition of fun, be my guest. Rolling Eyes

kaj wrote:

If my life revolved around driving events, I'd still be happy. My auto-x times were right up there with some people that were on a much better tire. I even beat a few. That's good enough for me. Not to mention my tires are much cheaper and last 50% longer.
dontknow
It's hard to beat the math.

I respect your first sentence, but to mention that your tires will last 50% longer. I'll have to call BS on that. Do you ever question the reason why v12s cost so cheap?

kaj wrote:

However! If I keep my stock 17" wheels a extras, I WILL be wrapping them with RS3s.

But that would conflict your "TacoBell" rule. dontknow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Evo IX parts   WTB: Evo IX parts Empty

Back to top Go down

WTB: Evo IX parts
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next