Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
da9bigboi
regular

27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler Empty
PostSubject: 27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler   27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:45 am

Ok last Saturday I got pulled over on olive for my greddy catback. Damn cop had nothing better to do since he was hiding in the street. I was crossing 1st and olive and was heading towards cedar. I did push on the exhaust a little while I was crossing 1st n olive but when I got towards the police officer I had already eased on the exaust. I seen him n was like oh shit and just cruised it 35 since there was a couple cars ahead of me. All of a sudden he follows me for 3-5 mins and decides to flash. I was like WTF...I pulled over and he ask. Hey is this ur car. Umm. Yeah. He said my exhaust was loud and he can hear it way over there. I told em my shit is carb legal but didn't take it. He gave me a fix it ticket and I ask em if it was state ref. he said no cause it costed too much. He said jus take it to a chp and get it signed off and that's it. So today I put my stock catback which is quiet as heck now. I actually like it with my new motor...

But the question is. I went to chp. He signed it off. I went to traffic place. She said it wasn't in the system yet since its new. So I have to wait three weeks. Also she said I have to take it to state ref. WTF...the police officer said fix it only. No REF. who do I go with?...I just recently installed

B18c1 obd1 on my 92 integra with stock internals
And skunk 2 pro series manifold, Aem cold air, dc headers which I just fawked up the 02 sensor and stripped the shit out of it. Never try installing it while the down pipe is still on the car...But yeah. Am I pretty much screwed since this motor is not bard on my car if I have to go through state ref...what can happen...this motor is legit and been verified through chp over the phone...Any help please...srry soo long story...
Back to top Go down
94db8
regular
94db8

PostSubject: Re: 27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler   27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:50 am

make it pass the visual and emission test to get it bar'd
Back to top Go down
da9bigboi
regular

PostSubject: Re: 27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler   27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 3:05 am

Thanks for the info...my most concern is that the cop telling me that it's not a REF situation since he said it costed too much. And the receptionist at the traffic center giving me a different answer saying its "REF" situation...could I fight this and take it to court saying that the cop only gave me it for that reason..but also the lady receptionist said she wasn't sure but looked at the VC code and said yep...most likely a REF situation...anybody experience this where you just had to get it fixed w/o REF smog...
Back to top Go down
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

PostSubject: Re: 27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler   27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 3:18 am

unless you have a sticker on the back of the ticket that says you have to go to the ref, have any officer sign it and you are done.
Back to top Go down
da9bigboi
regular

PostSubject: Re: 27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler   27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 11:28 am

There is no sticker or stamp on the back. I did do some research on google and it went to many different tuner/specified car model site that other people talked about when they got pulled over for. I heard the exact same thing they said bout the sticker too so I am feeling more content towards it now but ain't sure if who was to give out the sticker or stamp. The officer or the traffic place...Should I go and buy all the stock parts just incase. Headers/intake...that's gonna be like $100 already at the junk. Maybe less. scared
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: 27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler   27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 5:21 pm

sadly, it's the officer's discretion as to if it's "too loud". he can either sign it off or say "sorry. too noisy". if your car IS loud, then you may have to quiet it down first. what i would do, if i ever got another one of these B.S. tickets, is go to the ref for a sound test. they measure the dB reading from the specified distance/height/angle. once it's done, you get a cert saying you pass. this is all assuming your car is under the dB limit. then.. any time you are hassled, BAM! in their face. you passed. now.. can an officer write you up anyway? yep. for all they know this is a different muffler. but, i love collecting info so i can do my best to POWN officers that don't enforce the laws correctly. no kidding: i keep print outs of certain VCs in my glove box. LOL.
lastly, if you go to the ref for a dB test, they are not supposed to look at the rest of your car. meaning if it's no where near C.A.R.B. compliant, they can't look nor do anything about it. or at least that's how it used to be. if your car is illegal as hell, i probably wouldn't take it. just in case.

cliffnotes: find a cool cop to sign off your ticket. be respectful to him. explain to him that you "fixed" the car. let him listen to it. any way you wanna do it. all you need is the signature. if he says "no", find another. oh, and do NOT ask CHP. you would most likely be wasting your time.
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: 27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler   27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:06 pm

kaj wrote:

cliffnotes: find a cool cop to sign off your ticket. be respectful to him. explain to him that you "fixed" the car. let him listen to it. any way you wanna do it. all you need is the signature. if he says "no", find another. oh, and do NOT ask CHP. you would most likely be wasting your time.

I agree with Jason. Being in the scene since 04 (yeah I'm a youngin compared to Kaj lol) I learned to do things that won't attract much attention from cops. If you're content with getting over repeatedly then by all means keep your exhaust. HOWEVER, should you choose that route, be sure to have a stock appearing engine bay.
Back to top Go down
94db8
regular
94db8

PostSubject: Re: 27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler   27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:56 pm

Why not a chp? ? I have gotten plenty tickets signed off by them including a exhaust ticket. One. Free of charge that's why I do that
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: 27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler   27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:12 pm

94db8 wrote:
Why not a chp? ? I have gotten plenty tickets signed off by them including a exhaust ticket. One. Free of charge that's why I do that

Past experience
Back to top Go down
da9bigboi
regular

PostSubject: Re: 27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler   27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:35 pm

I got a chp to sign mine...I just asked him that I had a fix it ticket for exhaust. He went outside. Told me to turn the car on. I Push on the pedal 3x's...hecka quiet...he said ok. No questions ask. Signed it. That was it. Now on to the engine not being Bar'd yet...I cannot throw my stock LS in there since its runs like crap...if I had to take the gsr motor out I was thinking of getting a jdm b18b1 for replacement...Damn this is too much work. I need to just buy me a 98-01 gsr or original 92-93 GS-R...
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: 27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler   27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:47 pm

da9bigboi wrote:
I got a chp to sign mine...I just asked him that I had a fix it ticket for exhaust. He went outside. Told me to turn the car on. I Push on the pedal 3x's...hecka quiet...he said ok. No questions ask. Signed it. That was it. Now on to the engine not being Bar'd yet...I cannot throw my stock LS in there since its runs like crap...if I had to take the gsr motor out I was thinking of getting a jdm b18b1 for replacement...Damn this is too much work. I need to just buy me a 98-01 gsr or original 92-93 GS-R...

Nice
headbang
Back to top Go down
da9bigboi
regular

PostSubject: Re: 27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler   27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 4:04 am

Update on this shit...I do have to go through state bar..I went and dude said he wouldn't be able to sign off since I have a motor that doesn't belong in it yet. So he said once it gets bard or original motor is back he will check the muffler and do a sound off...but I just said fuck it and paid the bail at the traffic court place and now I am all good...sucks that my exhaust is quiet now...
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: 27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler   27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 4:36 pm

Why did the officer look at you're engine? That had nothing to do with your ticket. I'd go see a different officer. And NOT CHP.
Back to top Go down
jdmgeek
noob
jdmgeek

PostSubject: big boi?   27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 7:01 pm

what type of gsr motor do u have and would u want a stock b18da9 from a 93 integra? if its vtec then ill willingly trade u. idc if they try ill fix the motor myself if i have to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler   27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler Empty

Back to top Go down

27151 vc pulled over for supposedly loud muffler
Page 1 of 1