Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My experience with Fanatec

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

My experience with Fanatec Empty
PostSubject: My experience with Fanatec   My experience with Fanatec EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 10:36 pm

so.. i did some research on how to return a defective wheel from them. i bought the GT3rs V2 wheel used, from a friend. it didn't work right when i bought it.. but i didn't realize it wasn't SUPPOSED to work differently until i read of another person having the same issue. i had a "notchy" steering that i thought was just part of how it worked.. until, one day, i hit a wall in one of my games and the wheel "jumped". after that, the steering was super smooth and AMAZING. i was like "wtf??" and thought it was broken. shortly thereafter, it went back to nochiness. yay.

anyway.. from what i could gather on the internet, returning the wheel is nearly impossible. i kept reading about how Fanatec is a bunch of nazis (LOL, as the company IS German) and getting a new wheel takes an act of the United Nations. something about they want videos... paperwork... psychic readings.. so.. here i went.

if you read their site it plainly outlines what they need. i'll quote the requirements:

Quote :

…include a copy of your invoice (pdf) or order confirmation (e-mail) so that we have all order data

…write down the product name(s) and serial number(s) (can be found on the bottom of the product)

…do not send to multiple e-mail addresses. The request will only be processed if e-support@fanatec.com is the only recipient

…make sure you always include the full email history with every e-mail you send to support

…make a small video of your problem. Please send it directly by Email or upload the video to www.mediafire.com. Please try to keep it small! If we can verify the issue this will allow us to send you a replacement unit without waiting for a return of the product. Please do not use youtube or a similar service – we will need to download the file easily!

…make sure you have a problem which is not described in the FAQ

…read the manual. Sounds trivial but 20% of requests could be avoided if the user reads the manual.

… list the following info
Tested operating systems or game consoles on which the problem occurs
Tested games which show the problem

Only if you follow all of these rules, your request will be handled fast and smooth. Thank you.

In case your e-mail does not fulfill these requirements, please send us another email.

so.. whu?? dang. that's a lot of stuff. BUT! this is so they can send you a new wheel without having yours first. they send you the wheel, you put your old one back in the box, and send it back. otherwise, you have to send yours in.. wait for them to check it out, then send one to you. so... away i went.

i downloaded a program that allowed me to save a screenshot of my invoice in PDF format.
i attached all links/info into one email with a detailed explanation of what the wheel was doing along with a link to a YouTube vid of someone with the same problem.

i got an email back saying that i had not followed their format. i needed a video. so.. please redo EVERYTHING and, this time, include a video of my wheel acting up. even though the tech dude said he knew what was wrong with the wheel. damn it. really??

so. fine. i RE-sent the email with all the same info. i then took video of the two issues my wheel had. i saved them to YouTube AND their desired site. i then resubmitted.
today i got an email saying that all is well. they are sending me a new wheel and i'm to package up my current one in the shipped box and return it. that's right! i get the new wheel first. no down time. nice.

i'm not sure what all the internet harassment was about. had i followed the format the FIRST time.. i would have had no problem. my assumption is that all those people just failed to read and follow the instructions for reporting a warranty issue.

anyway.. the wheel is two years old and they are sending me a new one. thumbs up to Fanatec.

so.. anyone who says these things are too expensive.. well, you get what you pay for, i guess!

link:

http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_eu/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=89&osCsid=e001484a53782b38daf17c2470ce5219
Back to top Go down
94RSIntegra
veteran
94RSIntegra

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Fanatec   My experience with Fanatec EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 9:08 am

NICE I always wanted to try that wheel.
Back to top Go down
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Fanatec   My experience with Fanatec EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 12:51 pm

94RSIntegra wrote:
NICE I always wanted to try that wheel.

They received all the required info on Monday, and my new wheel is coming in today. As a Bonus, their emails are German translated to English so are kinda funny to read at times.

I highly recommend their wheels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My experience with Fanatec   My experience with Fanatec Empty

Back to top Go down

My experience with Fanatec
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Miscellaneous :: Video games-
Jump to: