Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

i <3 my Fanatec

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

i <3 my Fanatec Empty
PostSubject: i <3 my Fanatec   i <3 my Fanatec EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 12:38 pm

so.. i recently bought Ryan's old Fanatec GT3rs steering wheel and a set of G25 pedals he had (CSR Elite pedals and shifter set on the way). it took some getting used to, but now i don't know how i every played without it. anyway.. i've been having some fun with Dirt3. i set the wheel for the full 900* rotation and go do some Gymkhanar'n. so fun. i taped a bit of play time so you can see how much you gotta throw around the wheel. it's kinda hard because the wheel is smaller than a real one and i like to have the force feedback up decently high.. but that's part of the fun. also.. paddle shifters kinda suck for this (i've never been a fan of paddles unless they are on an F1 car) which made this real challenging. check it out, if ya want. this is what i do to take out some GT5 frustration. LOL. a stable mounting place for the wheel and pedals are a MUST:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugLnot8UDME

steering wheels absolutely rock on driving games.
Back to top Go down
STI_Clint
Jesus
STI_Clint

i <3 my Fanatec Empty
PostSubject: Re: i <3 my Fanatec   i <3 my Fanatec EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 1:10 pm

Fancy Driving there Jason lol! Ryan's wheel set up was legit.

Looks pretty damn fun. I always wanted to get a nice wheel for GT5 but I just don't have the space in my room for one Sad
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

i <3 my Fanatec Empty
PostSubject: Re: i <3 my Fanatec   i <3 my Fanatec EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 2:59 pm

STI_Clint wrote:
Fancy Driving there Jason lol! Ryan's wheel set up was legit.

Looks pretty damn fun. I always wanted to get a nice wheel for GT5 but I just don't have the space in my room for one Sad

I wouldn't say I have room.....let's say I FOUND room. Kinda. I had to, though. I can't compete in the Seasonal Events without one. I cannot teh loose!

Plus it makes a good shelf. I can't wait to install the shifters.
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

i <3 my Fanatec Empty
PostSubject: Re: i <3 my Fanatec   i <3 my Fanatec EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:38 am

yeah i will be buying a ps3 then f1 2011 then a wheel cause i refuse to use the controller after using my friends so much.
Back to top Go down
YATTY
regular
YATTY

i <3 my Fanatec Empty
PostSubject: Re: i <3 my Fanatec   i <3 my Fanatec EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:33 am

Wheel setups are so nice.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

i <3 my Fanatec Empty
PostSubject: Re: i <3 my Fanatec   i <3 my Fanatec EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 1:44 pm

I couldn't go back to a controller, either. I now wonder what I was thinking playing a driving game without a wheel. If you have room, do it. So worth the cost.

And the shifters are awesome. Gas/clutch/brake/6spd. Love it.
Back to top Go down
YATTY
regular
YATTY

i <3 my Fanatec Empty
PostSubject: Re: i <3 my Fanatec   i <3 my Fanatec EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 1:55 pm

Talking that about it I might as well start browsing for a wheel setup already got the ps3
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

i <3 my Fanatec Empty
PostSubject: Re: i <3 my Fanatec   i <3 my Fanatec EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 3:42 pm

YATTY wrote:
Talking that about it I might as well start browsing for a wheel setup already got the ps3

You'll wish you woulda done it long ago. I know I do.
Back to top Go down
YATTY
regular
YATTY

i <3 my Fanatec Empty
PostSubject: Re: i <3 my Fanatec   i <3 my Fanatec EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 3:50 pm

I bet video looks like your having a blast. Rass and I have a friend with a wheel and we were stuck there for about 5 hours lol
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

i <3 my Fanatec Empty
PostSubject: Re: i <3 my Fanatec   i <3 my Fanatec EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 4:39 pm

YATTY wrote:
I bet video looks like your having a blast. Rass and I have a friend with a wheel and we were stuck there for about 5 hours lol
just have tyree find you a deal on his set-up.
Back to top Go down
YATTY
regular
YATTY

i <3 my Fanatec Empty
PostSubject: Re: i <3 my Fanatec   i <3 my Fanatec EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 4:42 pm

Very true
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

i <3 my Fanatec Empty
PostSubject: Re: i <3 my Fanatec   i <3 my Fanatec EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:42 pm

It's definitely hard to walk away from, no doubt. I get to drive as hard as I want without the risk of smashing my car or being called a ricer. Lol.
Back to top Go down
94RSIntegra
veteran
94RSIntegra

i <3 my Fanatec Empty
PostSubject: Re: i <3 my Fanatec   i <3 my Fanatec EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 1:01 am

i had the full Logitech G27, the Fanatec setup looks more solid though.

the G27 for me was fun, but driving for me becomes very complicated when I try drive cars over 600 hp. My G27 setup was too big, I didn't have space for it so I sold. very addicting indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

i <3 my Fanatec Empty
PostSubject: Re: i <3 my Fanatec   i <3 my Fanatec Empty

Back to top Go down

i <3 my Fanatec
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Miscellaneous :: Video games-
Jump to: