Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

new forum section?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

new forum section? Empty
PostSubject: new forum section?   new forum section? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:43 pm

i was just wondering that it would be nice to have a section or maybe just a stickied thread that lists some of the local tuners and shops, and also possibly reviews and ratings for each one so members can vouch or complain. this might be a good resource for the members. the list can contain tuner shops, reputable solo/street tuners, parts shops, custom build shops, etc etc. heres an example:

SHOP NAME
SHOP OWNER/TUNER
ADDRESS
PHONE NUMBER
YEARS OF TUNING
SPECIALIZES IN:
IN-HOUSE DYNO?(YES or NO)
MEMBER RATINGS(1-10)

EX:
Impreza Tuners of Fresno
MUACHi
1234 S. Blackstone Ave
Fresno, CA 93701
559-123-4567
7 Yrs of Tuning
Specializes In:
- AWD dyno
- complete motor rebuild/swap
In-House Dyno: YES
Member Ratings: 6
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tommymonchivang
L
regular
L

new forum section? Empty
PostSubject: Re: new forum section?   new forum section? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:51 pm

I intended on doing this but it will probably have to wait until this forum gets more populated. It's a great idea and I'm glad you brought it up. But as of now our primary goal is to focus on getting more members to populate this forum... so do your best to bring more people here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://fresno-imports.roflforum.net
Seng
regular

new forum section? Empty
PostSubject: Re: new forum section?   new forum section? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 8:59 am

you should get vendors to contribute so this site will stay alive...having a site like this is not easy if there's no little profit on the side to help it out. populating is good also but if there's too many kids on this site, it'll just turn out like FSR, not to bash but that's what kind of happen to the first one right??? correct me if I'm wrong lol...and also if you get too strict, it'll sucks and wont be as fun of a forum like team-integra eventhough its a good site, too many restrictions and RULES that must be follows if you know what i mean lol .... Well as long as the Admin and Mods are friendly and keep this site going in the right direction, this will be one of the best site here in CALI !!! haha
Back to top Go down
http://art-issues.deviantart.com
94RSIntegra
veteran
94RSIntegra

new forum section? Empty
PostSubject: Re: new forum section?   new forum section? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:29 am

Seng wrote:
you should get vendors to contribute so this site will stay alive...having a site like this is not easy if there's no little profit on the side to help it out. populating is good also but if there's too many kids on this site, it'll just turn out like FSR, not to bash but that's what kind of happen to the first one right??? correct me if I'm wrong lol...and also if you get too strict, it'll sucks and wont be as fun of a forum like team-integra eventhough its a good site, too many restrictions and RULES that must be follows if you know what i mean lol .... Well as long as the Admin and Mods are friendly and keep this site going in the right direction, this will be one of the best site here in CALI !!! haha

your right about team-integra,.. hate that site..
Back to top Go down
L
regular
L

new forum section? Empty
PostSubject: Re: new forum section?   new forum section? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:46 am

I heard about Team-Integra and Ricky was also a member on that forum (don't remember if he was banned or not). Utter BS goes on there due to it being EXTREMELY strict. Something that F-I will not follow. As for the vendors, I would love it if shop owners were to sign up and give me their info that way I can make their own sub-forum (Kind of how FSR main has it). As for the kids that will be signing up, it will be dealt with. While F-I will be easy going and lenient, we will regulate on people going TOO far with their shit talking (personal attacks, racisim, etc) trolling, and of course scamming.

As always, keep your suggestions coming. It's well appreciated.
Back to top Go down
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

new forum section? Empty
PostSubject: Re: new forum section?   new forum section? EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 3:43 am

my only concern for this forum is that we have to take the issues of "flaming" and "trolling" more carefully than most forums. its bad enough when its online, but this is a "local" forum, so unfortunately there is a possibility of issues escalating beyond these virtual walls. hopefully things dont ever get that far.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tommymonchivang
L
regular
L

new forum section? Empty
PostSubject: Re: new forum section?   new forum section? EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 5:48 am

I too hope it will not go that far. I don't mind the occasional flame fest... but when it gets to personal attacks or hardcore trolling then thats when the ban hammer shall be layeth.
Back to top Go down
4G63kevin
regular
4G63kevin

new forum section? Empty
PostSubject: Re: new forum section?   new forum section? EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 10:21 pm

L wrote:
I too hope it will not go that far. I don't mind the occasional flame fest... but when it gets to personal attacks or hardcore trolling then thats when the ban hammer shall be layeth.

+1 Make rules for noobs to read. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new forum section? Empty
PostSubject: Re: new forum section?   new forum section? Empty

Back to top Go down

new forum section?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Announcements, Introductions & Feedbacks :: Feedback-
Jump to: