Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Johnny straight out of AZ!

Go down 
+6
94RSIntegra
kaj
Garrett
turboed98itr
coach
JohnnyAZ
10 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnnyAZ
noob
JohnnyAZ

Johnny straight out of AZ! Empty
PostSubject: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:45 pm

Whats up guys, names Johnny not new to the whole scene but new to Fresno. Just moved here from Arizona and couldnt help but noticed how much more hondas/acuras/and other imports there are out here. Hope to meet some of you guys at the meets!

Heres mine through the phases Smile

Johnny straight out of AZ! Anocqo

Johnny straight out of AZ! 20kda3a

Johnny straight out of AZ! 288tjkw

Johnny straight out of AZ! 30tpibs

As she sits,
Johnny straight out of AZ! Fejql0
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:50 pm

welcome to the home of wack ass smog laws!!!!!! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
JohnnyAZ
noob
JohnnyAZ

PostSubject: Re: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:58 pm

daang. unamused well hopefully mine passes
Back to top Go down
turboed98itr
noob
turboed98itr

PostSubject: Re: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:01 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:21 pm

welcome, but yea smog sucks.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:18 pm

funny.. i plan to end up in AZ due to it being an easier place to be an auto enthusiast. LOL. hopefully in about three years.

WHYYYYYYY would you move here? i guess there ARE more important things than cars. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
94RSIntegra
veteran
94RSIntegra

PostSubject: Re: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 12:27 am

welcome, I would have stay in Arizona. On the plus side were like in the center of California. Bay area is 3 hr up north , beautiful Sierra Nevada is 2 hrs east, LA 4 hours south. Ocean is 2-3hr drive west from here.
Back to top Go down
SinglecamEJ8
Marketplace Moderator
SinglecamEJ8

PostSubject: Re: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 6:17 am

welcome...nice integra!
Back to top Go down
ONE4ONE
Marketplace Moderator
ONE4ONE

PostSubject: Re: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 7:28 am

WELCOME......afro
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 12:27 pm

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry you ended up moving here Sad
Back to top Go down
JohnnyAZ
noob
JohnnyAZ

PostSubject: Re: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 1:00 pm

You guys! Have any of you been to AZ?!, the streets hate slammed cars, it's hot as balls year round, there is not a thing to do, I mean we have some nice meets and Scottsdale but that's pretty much it lol. You guys got it nice cuz like 94rsintegra said we are in the middle of it all. Plus I went through tower district last night and the environment is dope!
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 1:03 pm

JohnnyAZ wrote:
You guys! Have any of you been to AZ?!, the streets hate slammed cars, it's hot as balls year round, there is not a thing to do, I mean we have some nice meets and Scottsdale but that's pretty much it lol. You guys got it nice cuz like 94rsintegra said we are in the middle of it all. Plus I went through tower district last night and the environment is dope!

its honestly not that bad here, but compared to some other CA cities, fresno seems lame. I feel you on that AZ heat though, f that.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyAZ
noob
JohnnyAZ

PostSubject: Re: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 1:12 pm

kaj wrote:
funny.. i plan to end up in AZ due to it being an easier place to be an auto enthusiast. LOL. hopefully in about three years.

WHYYYYYYY would you move here? i guess there ARE more important things than cars. Very Happy

Not to tickle your balls man but you can be an enthusiast anywhere as long as you have that passion, if anything this would be a better place because almost everything or everything is happening in California, next to my women are my cars man, I love all cars and all the different scenes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 1:22 pm

JohnnyAZ wrote:
kaj wrote:

Not to tickle your balls man but you can be an enthusiast anywhere as long as you have that passion, if anything this would be a better place because almost everything or everything is happening in California, next to my women are my cars man, I love all cars and all the different scenes Very Happy

for sure. it's great here, we're just not really, legally allowed to modify our cars much. kinda puts a damper on things. luckily, Fresno's "street racing" budget ran out a couple of years ago and they have moved on to other revenue sources.. otherwise you would be hating it here. it got REALLY bad during the "Drag Net" days.
i've found the only people that really hate fresno have probably never really left. i've lived in a lot of other places and i always come back. i can drive about three hours and hit up:

Yosemite
beaches
deserts
Sequoia nat'l forest
LA
SF
our state capitol
laguna seca
buttonwillow
castle AFB (autox events)
tahoe
Sierra Summit (or whatever it's called nowadays)

if i wanna drive a bit more there is:

vegas
reno
san diego

fresno probably has the best location in the state for those looking to have a variety of things to do. there just isn't much LOCALLY, though that is kinda changing. they took away our drive-in which SUCKED.. but we now have some decent places to eat, a place that just opened up with racing sims (surprised the hell out of me). i could go on and on, but fresno is an awesome place. it's just getting a lil' crowded.
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 2:09 pm

JohnnyAZ wrote:

I prefer riverpark over tower. But then again I only like it due to the nice looking area. I can live without the bros there.

kaj wrote:
JohnnyAZ wrote:
kaj wrote:

for sure. it's great here, we're just not really, legally allowed to modify our cars much. kinda puts a damper on things. luckily, Fresno's "street racing" budget ran out a couple of years ago and they have moved on to other revenue sources.. otherwise you would be hating it here. it got REALLY bad during the "Drag Net" days.
i've found the only people that really hate fresno have probably never really left. i've lived in a lot of other places and i always come back. i can drive about three hours and hit up:

Yosemite
beaches
deserts
Sequoia nat'l forest
LA
SF
our state capitol
laguna seca
buttonwillow
castle AFB (autox events)
tahoe
Sierra Summit (or whatever it's called nowadays)

if i wanna drive a bit more there is:

vegas
reno
san diego

fresno probably has the best location in the state for those looking to have a variety of things to do. there just isn't much LOCALLY, though that is kinda changing. they took away our drive-in which SUCKED.. but we now have some decent places to eat, a place that just opened up with racing sims (surprised the hell out of me). i could go on and on, but fresno is an awesome place. it's just getting a lil' crowded.

While the upside of living in Fresno is being in between socal and the bay, I still hate it here. I left the country for nearly 2 years and I'm planning on leaving again after I graduate.
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 2:11 pm

On a side note, be sure to have a very good alarm and keep an eye on your car at all times.

Auto theft in Fresno is pretty high.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyAZ
noob
JohnnyAZ

PostSubject: Re: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 2:13 pm

Thats exactly what i have been thinking about, I love the fact that we are in the middle of it all. I love driving so how theres really nothing locally doesnt bother me. Are there any organized cruises up to the bay? Or Eibach in May? Fresno sims? Sounds pretty cool, like i said man i cant wait to see what the scene is out here once i bring my car up, unfortunately its still in AZ due to a torn cv boot so i couldnt drive it up here.

I can tell you all right now, I have always had family here in Fresno so i come quite often, and Phoenix is lame. I mean im 19 years old
and theres already not much i can do but even some of the older friends tell me theres really not much of a night life down there. Plus LA is a 6 hour drive and the
only beach we really have is Rocky Point, and thats not even ours! lol
Well its nice to be here regardless because im already into the whole mellow scene and attitude. afro
Back to top Go down
JohnnyAZ
noob
JohnnyAZ

PostSubject: Re: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 2:15 pm

Rickdaddy wrote:
On a side note, be sure to have a very good alarm and keep an eye on your car at all times.

Auto theft in Fresno is pretty high.

It was the same in Phoenix, even in the nicest parts. But it would only be the people gloating about there stuff who get jacked, or the shit talkers.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 2:59 pm

That's why you'll never see me post in a "members rides" section. Lol

The Sim place is called Race Room. It's in River Park. I think a meet is planned for there in the near future.

You didn't drive your car due to a torn CV boot? Ha. I bet 80% of the Hondas in this town have bad CV and/or ball joint boots. Lol
Back to top Go down
JohnnyAZ
noob
JohnnyAZ

PostSubject: Re: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 3:04 pm

Haha! Yeah man it released all that bearing grease out onto the inside of my rim and all over the suspension, so i was a little if'y on driving it 10 hours to Fresno lol Tight I'm going to have to check this place out. How bout any IN N OUT meets? or Car washes? Cruises? Seems to me everyone and there moms have a honda out here lol
Back to top Go down
90ED6LSV
noob
90ED6LSV

PostSubject: Re: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 3:09 pm

yeah in fresno a lot of people go out cruising Blackstone on the weekend, but watch out for cops, they are seriously giantic hugenormous DICKS
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/kirbizle
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 4:31 pm

Yea the 'stone is where most Honda's hang out on the weekend. McD's on Blackstone or sometimes in n out. Its pretty segregated though. Honda's with Honda's and that sort.
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 8:47 pm

Garrett wrote:
Yea the 'stone is where most Honda's hang out on the weekend. McD's on Blackstone or sometimes in n out. Its pretty segregated though. Honda's with Honda's and that sort.

I'm gonna roll up there in my subie!
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 8:55 pm

Rickdaddy wrote:
Garrett wrote:

I don't even roll through there. I'm not jdm enough
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 10:47 pm

Garrett wrote:
Rickdaddy wrote:
Garrett wrote:

I don't even roll through there. I'm not jdm enough

maybe i'll get an exhaust that exits at an angle. then would i be JDM enough?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Johnny straight out of AZ!   Johnny straight out of AZ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Johnny straight out of AZ!
Page 1 of 1