Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread

Go down 
+25
2159ClassicRed
GRBeaSTin
blkwagon
jdm.gumby
nastyhabitzcrx
b2ov
94db8
eh_559
leemo559
DNM Power
coach
ONE4ONE
L
TYC Photography
94RSIntegra
Mynes_3
MoMoHitsTheSpot
Garrett
SinglecamEJ8
illest
kaj
dSkDc4
STI_Clint
Rickdaddy
Dao
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Dao
regular
Dao

OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread Empty
PostSubject: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:03 am

My sources of meets/shows etc are found on forums only.

I would love to hear, and know more of meets or shows that go on in and around Fresno.

I don't search craigslist so i don't see the meets people put there.
I don't have friends who would know friends of friends of other friends that knows of meets or shows, let alone, searching craigslist.

So, by all means, please post meets and shows on this forum, so i too, can know when and where to show up.

I've built my car for 3 years (in progress) and want to represent the 4th generation Accords at local meets and shows. I cannot achieve this if i dont get no info about meets or shows.

Thank you.

PS, no Blackstone cruise meets. Haven't been there in 9 years (and counting)
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/daovang/
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:05 am

I don't think there haven't been a real local meet in a while (I guess with the exception of the most recent meet). Someone should step up to the plate and organise these meets.
Back to top Go down
STI_Clint
Jesus
STI_Clint

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:12 am

Yea the gatherings have been lacking lately. We should plan an Official F-I Meet in the near Future. So we can all meet up and maybe gain some more members or get more people to stop lurking and start posting thumbsup

On another note if I hear of any local meets/gatherings I'll post it up. Although I've been out of the loop for so long I don't get hit up much to show up to them anymore HAHAHA!
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:38 am

I'm not even on US soils Laughing
Back to top Go down
dSkDc4
regular
dSkDc4

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:20 pm

August 21st there will be one will be posting up info shortly all makes and models welcome
Back to top Go down
Dao
regular
Dao

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 6:26 pm

dSkDc4 wrote:
August 21st there will be one will be posting up info shortly all makes and models welcome

Post it in the MEETS section. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/daovang/
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 10:14 pm

word. central valley needs something more interesting.
Back to top Go down
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 11:51 pm

Rickdaddy wrote:
word. central valley needs something.

fixed.
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 1:08 am

i see what you did there

and it's true Sad
Back to top Go down
illest
regular
illest

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 1:45 am

Yeah. It's summer and it's time to show off those rides!
Back to top Go down
SinglecamEJ8
Marketplace Moderator
SinglecamEJ8

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 12:59 pm

Im searching for a good location....also talking to local business owners to see if it would be possible to use or pay a small fee to rent their parking lots.....

this meet will more than likely be in the Visalia area again...if it has a good turnout then I will consider organizing a meet in the Fresno area...

the thing is most Fresno people don't want to drive 45 minutes to a meet because they say its too far....but if you think about it.... people from the bay area, or Southern California drive at least an hour to meets. I know us Visalia and Hanford guys put in work and drive a few hours sometimes just to go to meets.

the only way a meet is gonna be successful is with participation....the more participation and coverage of the turnouts is going to attract more and more enthusiasts to try and make it out to the next event..... that brings people with different tastes, styles, builds and more diversity to the local scene.

there are always gonna be those high school rice boys that think its cool to rev your singlecam to the moon and have x1023134513213 different trends going on at once....but it just comes with the territory...eventually those kinda kids just get weeded out.

thats my rant Razz

Just wanted to bring a couple of different point up to spark either discussion or other ideas.

haha

bs

Back to top Go down
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 1:42 pm

SinglecamEJ8 wrote:

the thing is most Fresno people don't want to drive 45 minutes to a meet because they say its too far....but if you think about it.... people from the bay area, or Southern California drive at least an hour to meets. I know us Visalia and Hanford guys put in work and drive a few hours sometimes just to go to meets.

the only way a meet is gonna be successful is with participation....the more participation and coverage of the turnouts is going to attract more and more enthusiasts to try and make it out to the next event..... that brings people with different tastes, styles, builds and more diversity to the local scene.

there are always gonna be those high school rice boys that think its cool to rev your singlecam to the moon and have x1023134513213 different trends going on at once....but it just comes with the territory...eventually those kinda kids just get weeded out.

well put. but i think its going to be hard to get a big turn out in the Fresno area for a mixed manufacturer car show. IMO it seems that now a days people only want to go to manufacturer specific meets or shows.
Back to top Go down
STI_Clint
Jesus
STI_Clint

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 1:46 pm

The reason why the SoCal and NorCal guys make the hour trip to meets is because they are actually worth going to. I've been to enough Central Valley Car meets/Gatherings to know that it's almost always a Rice fest so to commit to driving 45 minutes to see a bunch of Honda boys with tow hooks and Bike racks revving the shit out of their engine and stare you down isn't my idea of a worth while trip. The Toretto Mentality runs deep. Eventually the kids get weeded out but CV has so many of them there will always be a fresh batch of idiots. Although, I agree success can't be gained with out the participation of the community and getting that part down is going to be tough to get in the CV.

On another note I'd say that EuroSunday probably has the most civil and most interesting meets although sometimes small it delivers great variety and has a great atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
MoMoHitsTheSpot
regular
MoMoHitsTheSpot

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 12:45 am

sometimes it's not about the quantity, but the quality that matters.

if a pagani zonda or koenigsegg agera somehow showed up in the CV i would drive an hour just to see it.....however, i wouldn't drive an hour to see 500 ricers converge in a gigantic meet...of course this is only my .02
Back to top Go down
http://momohitsthespot.com
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 1:17 am

there's not many quality around Fresno though. Sure, you can start up a meet and state a disclaimer ; "Only authentic wheels and authentic parts with a nice paintjob, no fake parts and primered cars." But that's just kinda mean :p
Back to top Go down
illest
regular
illest

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 4:41 pm

Rickdaddy wrote:
there's not many quality around Fresno though. Sure, you can start up a meet and state a disclaimer ; "Only authentic wheels and authentic parts with a nice paintjob, no fake parts and primered cars." But that's just kinda mean :p

^But you still can get smoked haha.
Back to top Go down
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 6:31 pm

If my car was Much nicer looking ill drive out far for meet thats worthy. The furthest meet i drove to was a meet in huntington beach last yr host by hondasociety(accord). Very nice turn out. I understand fresno has no good meet because i personally think theres nothing good. Like norcal or socal, they got beautiful shits and scenery thats worthy. In fresno, its always woodward park or wait for shops to host em. I dont blame us fresnians cus fresno is nothing. Maybe next yr we all go to pismo lol.
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:21 pm

or morro bay is a little closer. and when its hot in town its usually cold at morro bay.
Back to top Go down
illest
regular
illest

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:05 pm

Mynes_3 wrote:
If my car was Much nicer looking ill drive out far for meet thats worthy. The furthest meet i drove to was a meet in huntington beach last yr host by hondasociety(accord). Very nice turn out. I understand fresno has no good meet because i personally think theres nothing good. Like norcal or socal, they got beautiful shits and scenery thats worthy. In fresno, its always woodward park or wait for shops to host em. I dont blame us fresnians cus fresno is nothing. Maybe next yr we all go to pismo lol.

The people with the nicely built cars don't go out a lot. That's what I think.
Back to top Go down
94RSIntegra
veteran
94RSIntegra

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:20 am

illest wrote:

The people with the nicely built cars don't go out a lot. That's what I think.

+1 on that, I have a guy in our supra group and he barley took his supra out which he spends like $70,000 on it. When you see his car, you wouldn't even know a car like this exist in Fresno. his project car would not have cost so much if he didn't blew his original motor.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
TYC Photography
noob

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 10:21 pm

I agree with the OP. I rely on either Roel or forums for my info on shows or meets. I am a photographer and I dont own a nice car at the moment so I dont know anyone who often hits up shows/meets. I have also notice there have not been much get togethers lately so I'm sure if there was one, it would be posted as a reminder. Atleast I hope that it would.
Back to top Go down
SinglecamEJ8
Marketplace Moderator
SinglecamEJ8

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:20 am

meets are fun IMO....whether they are top quality or some decent builds.

i cant wait for SUNDAY!
Back to top Go down
L
regular
L

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:41 pm

someone, start a meet in fresno ffuuuuuu
Back to top Go down
http://fresno-imports.roflforum.net
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:45 pm

L wrote:
someone, start a meet in fresno ffuuuuuu

like a regular basis kind of meet?
Back to top Go down
ONE4ONE
Marketplace Moderator
ONE4ONE

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:13 pm

Garrett wrote:
L wrote:
someone, start a meet in fresno [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

like a regular basis kind of meet?

X2.....afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread   OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread Empty

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL monthly and seasonal meets planning thread
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next