Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kid gets killed via craigalist killing

Go down 
+4
Ej8Kid
L
Garrett
Rickdaddy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

Kid gets killed via craigalist killing Empty
PostSubject: Kid gets killed via craigalist killing   Kid gets killed via craigalist killing EmptySat May 14, 2011 6:32 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110514/ap_on_re_us/us_craigslist_killing

Quote :
SAN DIEGO – An 18-year-old college student died from a bullet to his chest as he chased three teens who robbed him and his girlfriend when he was buying a computer advertised on Craigslist for $600, a prosecutor said Friday.

Details of the killing emerged at an arraignment for three 17-year-old males who were charged as adults with murder, robbery and shooting at an occupied vehicle.

Superior Court Judge Joseph Brannigan entered not guilty pleas on their behalf and set bail at $5 million each — $3 million higher than the amount sought by prosecutors.

Prosecutors have said Garrett Berki died late Wednesday after he and his girlfriend met suspects Rashon Abernathy, Seandell Jones and Shaquille Jordan in San Diego to buy an Apple MacBook Pro. One teen pulled a gun and robbed the couple of cash and their cell phones, authorities said.

A car chase followed, with Berki pursuing the assailants on a freeway and city streets before he was shot as he tried to box them in on a dead-end street, prosecutor Kristian Trocha told reporters. Abernathy is suspected of firing a single shot from the back seat, shattering Berki's windshield, Trocha said.

Police said Berki, a San Diego community college student, was trying to read his assailants' license plate during the pursuit. Officers found him slumped over the steering wheel, and he died less than an hour later at a hospital.

All three suspects were arrested within minutes of the shooting, hiding in back yards after crashing their car in a cul-de-sac about two blocks from the shooting scene, authorities said.

Patricia Dykes, Jordan's mother, told reporters her son was "hurting" because someone got killed. She said he was a straight-A student preparing to graduate from high school. She emphasized that he was not accused of pulling the trigger.

"He told me he's going to write a letter to the (victim's) family that he's sorry for whatever happened, but that he didn't ... do anything violent to anyone," Dykes said.

Shearese Johnson, the mother of Jones, said her son didn't kill anyone and called the charges unfair. Jones is suspected of being the getaway driver after the robbery.

"All I'm going to say is I love my son, and I'm here, and this just isn't fair," Johnson said.

If convicted, the three teens could face maximum sentences of life in prison, prosecutors said.

Trocha told reporters all three were equally responsible for the death, even though Abernathy is the only one accused of firing a gun.

"All of them participated in the robbery. The murder was part of this robbery in trying to escape," Trocha said. "It's as if they pulled the trigger themselves."

Trocha said all three defendants were gang members — a claim met with skepticism by the two mothers.

Kevin Milmoe, a public defender, said Abernathy and Jordan had no criminal record.

The judge said he would appoint a public defender for each of the three teens.

As a reminder guys, whenever you conduct business through craigslist OR F-I, ALWAYS meet up in a populated area, such as the parking lot of a busy store or at a gas station and not some shady place. Hopefully these kids get life in prison.
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Kid gets killed via craigalist killing   Kid gets killed via craigalist killing EmptySat May 14, 2011 8:58 pm

and never go alone. nor should you take your gf with you...
Back to top Go down
L
regular
L

PostSubject: Re: Kid gets killed via craigalist killing   Kid gets killed via craigalist killing EmptySat May 14, 2011 9:16 pm

the mom is stupid
Back to top Go down
http://fresno-imports.roflforum.net
Ej8Kid
Ej8Kid

PostSubject: Re: Kid gets killed via craigalist killing   Kid gets killed via craigalist killing EmptySat May 14, 2011 11:38 pm

Rashon, Seandell and Shaquille sound like black names :affraid:
Back to top Go down
toymachine
regular
toymachine

PostSubject: Re: Kid gets killed via craigalist killing   Kid gets killed via craigalist killing EmptySun May 15, 2011 3:01 am

Lol Names do sound black. A similar situation happend to me last year. It happened to me and a buddy, they were also black. In brief, the buyer stuck his hand into the car to steal the item, buddy rolled up the window and trapped his arm in, I beat him with a tire iron, and was confronted by his "back up" .. I pulled out a strap and they ran. We left the black guy bruised. This all happend on blackstone infront of Circuit City. Smile
Back to top Go down
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

PostSubject: Re: Kid gets killed via craigalist killing   Kid gets killed via craigalist killing EmptySun May 15, 2011 12:41 pm

L wrote:
the mom is stupid

its usually hard for parents to except their children to be anything but angels. plus, they usually defend them no matter the reason. its instincts

toymachine wrote:
Lol Names do sound black. A similar situation happend to me last year. It happened to me and a buddy, they were also black. In brief, the buyer stuck his hand into the car to steal the item, buddy rolled up the window and trapped his arm in, I beat him with a tire iron, and was confronted by his "back up" .. I pulled out a strap and they ran. We left the black guy bruised. This all happend on blackstone infront of Circuit City. Smile

thank god i havent encountered that issue in fresno. i need to get a gat too
👅 .... no seriously.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tommymonchivang
2muchboost
noob
2muchboost

PostSubject: Re: Kid gets killed via craigalist killing   Kid gets killed via craigalist killing EmptySun May 15, 2011 2:29 pm

got to die 1day not smart to chase some1 that robbed you most likely they have some kind of weapon or they wouldn't be trying to rob you
Back to top Go down
http://www.cencalsupras.com
bopsocool
noob

PostSubject: Re: Kid gets killed via craigalist killing   Kid gets killed via craigalist killing EmptyMon May 16, 2011 6:20 pm

toymachine wrote:

you a mofo gangsta. lol carry an strap around. ahhaha.
Back to top Go down
toymachine
regular
toymachine

PostSubject: Re: Kid gets killed via craigalist killing   Kid gets killed via craigalist killing EmptyTue May 17, 2011 5:35 pm

bopsocool wrote:
toymachine wrote:

you a mofo gangsta. lol carry an strap around. ahhaha.

It's never loaded and it belonged to my late father inlaw =\
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kid gets killed via craigalist killing   Kid gets killed via craigalist killing Empty

Back to top Go down

Kid gets killed via craigalist killing
Page 1 of 1