Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your Carer Choices Thus Far

Go down 
+4
SinglecamEJ8
Rickdaddy
94RSIntegra
MUACHi
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

Your Carer Choices Thus Far Empty
PostSubject: Your Carer Choices Thus Far   Your Carer Choices Thus Far EmptyWed May 11, 2011 5:21 am

i've been taking a look at where i'm at so far in life, and honestly i think i could and probably should be doing SO much better than now. I was just wondering whats everyone do for a living, and how they like it so far? to keep things simple, for me at least:

1. whats your current career/job?
2. how/why you got there?
3. hows the pay and benefits? cons?
4. how do you like it so far?
5. would you change a few things in the past if you could?
6. what are your possible plans for the future?

fyi, nobody has to be specific. i know theres some people (like me) who doesnt like to give out personal information. i'll start if off.

1. after returning to cali i just work at a fast food joint right now, my last job wasnt that great either, just dish washing for a restaurant.
2. somehow i just keep ending up in the food industry, even though i dont mind i'm really not looking for a career with food. in a way... i kinda hate it.
3. pay is a lil above minimum with possibility of raises, but nothing that will allow me to live the life i want. benifits? free food lol, but downside is i hate serviing food to customers, they just never stop eating.
4. it isnt the best job in the world but it isnt the worst either, i just kinda wish i could get a better job soon.
5. hells yea! if i knew i was gonna end up like this right now, i wouldnt have let all them distractions get to me back in my college days.
6. get back to school, hold this fort down for a while until i find an opportunity to reach higher.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tommymonchivang
94RSIntegra
veteran
94RSIntegra

PostSubject: Re: Your Carer Choices Thus Far   Your Carer Choices Thus Far EmptyWed May 11, 2011 11:01 am

1. no current career now still in College now at Fresno state, fininshing up my BA in Fine ARTs, I'm thinking pursuing a BA in Social Work since it has more jobs opportunities than Arts. Now I'm just working part time washing dishes.
2. haven't got to where i want to be yet. need 30 units to graduate.
3. The pay is not as much as I was hoping for a ART teacher.
4. I'm not sure at this point if I like heading to the career that I'm heading at now.
5. Something I could change in the pass is to focus more on school instead of cars and girls.
6. focus more on my Minor Major.
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Your Carer Choices Thus Far   Your Carer Choices Thus Far EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:22 pm

1. Currently interning as an English teacher here in Korea.
2. went through my courses at FCC (haven't completed it yet)
3. the pay is meh. roughly 1300 a month (with utilities and rent paid for). an actual teacher here would earn about 2300 with the same benefits. Granted, I only work an average of 3 hours a day but lesson planning is a bitch.
4. I can honestly say I don't like it.
5. I wouldn't change anything, it was a great experience for me.
6. Go back to school and major in something else.
Back to top Go down
SinglecamEJ8
Marketplace Moderator
SinglecamEJ8

PostSubject: Re: Your Carer Choices Thus Far   Your Carer Choices Thus Far EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:48 pm

1. Sr. Program Database Analyst - Private Non-Profit
2. I worked in the medical field for 5 years, and I wanted a change
3. Pay is good....but usually the non-profits are.
4. I love it working here. I get treated good since i'm a younger person i think..
5. I would have went to school sooner.
6. continue education and move up on the ladder.
Back to top Go down
adrian
regular
adrian

PostSubject: Re: Your Carer Choices Thus Far   Your Carer Choices Thus Far EmptyWed May 11, 2011 1:55 pm

drug dealer
Back to top Go down
GRBeaSTin
regular
GRBeaSTin

PostSubject: Re: Your Carer Choices Thus Far   Your Carer Choices Thus Far EmptyWed May 11, 2011 11:38 pm

Wow, a somewhat legitimate thread on here finally lol.

1. Working as an electrician
2. Did it in the Navy
3. Medical, dental, vision benefits are great, the only con is I'm way underpaid. I make about 37% less than my civilian counter part, but it's a trade off for job stability.
4. Shits getting boring so I'm changing careers in the next year or so.
5. One thing I would've changed is I would've gone to school while I was in the military.
6. Hoping to get an internship with the Securities Exchange Commission or another VA Hospital.
Back to top Go down
illest
regular
illest

PostSubject: Re: Your Carer Choices Thus Far   Your Carer Choices Thus Far EmptyThu May 12, 2011 1:14 pm

I work PT at a fast food restaurant to pay for my gas.

Currently studying Mechanical engineering at Fresno State.
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Your Carer Choices Thus Far   Your Carer Choices Thus Far EmptyThu May 12, 2011 7:56 pm

illest wrote:

What's sad is that with the increase in gas prices, we're one day ONLY going to be working just to pay for our gas and not be able to cover other expenses Sad
Back to top Go down
toymachine
regular
toymachine

PostSubject: Re: Your Carer Choices Thus Far   Your Carer Choices Thus Far EmptyFri May 13, 2011 4:20 pm

1. I program PCBA's
2. Always had a fascination with electronics.
3. Pay is alright, Benefits are great.
4. Not the best job in the world but it brings food to the table so I can't complain.
5. No regrets.
6. Finish school, Pursue a new career.
Back to top Go down
illest
regular
illest

PostSubject: Re: Your Carer Choices Thus Far   Your Carer Choices Thus Far EmptySun May 15, 2011 3:41 pm

Rickdaddy wrote:
illest wrote:

What's sad is that with the increase in gas prices, we're one day ONLY going to be working just to pay for our gas and not be able to cover other expenses Sad

That's basically my scenario right now lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Carer Choices Thus Far   Your Carer Choices Thus Far Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Carer Choices Thus Far
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Miscellaneous :: Off Topic-
Jump to: