Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ITT Tech

Go down 
+2
FX-16Raptor
Ninja_JZA70
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja_JZA70
noob

ITT Tech Empty
PostSubject: ITT Tech   ITT Tech EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 10:01 pm

Want to know if anybody has an experience, insight or stories about this place. I have more reason to think they're a little on the shady side, but they offer some very interesting fields in my liking so I'm thinking about attending there to work up my resume a little. Feedback is appreciated!
Back to top Go down
FX-16Raptor
regular
FX-16Raptor

ITT Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: ITT Tech   ITT Tech EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 10:08 pm

I heard places like that, ie: heald, ITT, casper, just want you there for the money. And I read online about college credits that aren't transferable to other colleges. I get phone calls and letters like once a month from heald. its pretty annoying. Here is a link of a review for ITT: http://www.guidetoonlineschools.com/online-reviews/itt-technical-institute
Back to top Go down
94RSIntegra
veteran
94RSIntegra

ITT Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: ITT Tech   ITT Tech EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:35 am

lol my opinion about it and held college is that they are a waste of time and money i have a grip of friend who went to those school and coming out in debt instead of jobs.

I know some buddies up in Eureka planting and selling weed and sadly thats actually more promising than ITT.
Back to top Go down
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

ITT Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: ITT Tech   ITT Tech EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 7:57 am

all schools are their for the money if you really think about it. i dont personally have any experience with ITT but i did apply one time; been thinking about trying again maybe. what you gotta ask yourself is what your looking for the most. ITT and places like so focus on training you right away with certain job skills - and usually skip most of those "academic" courses from traditional colleges. i for one, am tired of spending my remaining college units at CSUF and FCC on "required" courses that actually just waste my time. i say its worth it if your going there to learn specific skillsets for yourself or to certify and enhance what you already know. and as for jobs, IMO it really is 50% on the person to find it (dedication, resourcefulness, willingness, openmindedness, etc)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tommymonchivang
94db897hb
noob
94db897hb

ITT Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: ITT Tech   ITT Tech EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 1:15 pm

I agree with Muachi. Dont knock it til you've tried it. I've been to a similar type of school, Universal Technical Institute, of course I was in debt, but hardwork pays off.
Back to top Go down
Ramiro07
regular
Ramiro07

ITT Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: ITT Tech   ITT Tech EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 2:19 pm

I currently attend! Im in the CNS program (Computer Networking Systems) now called something else.

It's ok, there are really good instructors and there shitty ones. I chose it because they offer a bachelors program and have several campus locations. Like some said most school will not accept credits from there but if your looking at private schools obviously community college/fresno state isn't something you want try.

Almost all of my tech instructors work a full time job apart from teaching, programing teacher works for Symantec, network admin teacher for fresno city etc. They know their shit they usually won't go by the book, which is good but bad that the curriculum is set that way.

As far as job placement goes it honestly depends on you. Are you presentable? Easy on the eyes? Good at communication? No offense to these other guys but chances are their friends are too geeked out or not presentable. I've seen guys with 4.0 graduating but have not interned anywhere or look like they'll have a decent shot at getting a job.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ITT Tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: ITT Tech   ITT Tech Empty

Back to top Go down

ITT Tech
Page 1 of 1