Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

r/c drifting in fresno?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
welchie
noob

r/c drifting in fresno? Empty
PostSubject: r/c drifting in fresno?   r/c drifting in fresno? EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 8:37 am

hello guys. im wondering if there is any places in fresno or close by for r/c drifting. i got into it kinda hard over here and im wondering if i can continue over there or if its going to sit on the shelf till i go back to japan lol.

chassis is the yokomo drift package type c with the ssg conversion. body is a silvia s13. i also have other bodies including: jzx90 mark2, jzx100 chaser, jzx100 mark2, jzz30 soarer, and a luxus gs350. i plan on building a couple of more before i leave becuase they make nice shelf peices lmao.

heres a couple of pictures of my current setup.
r/c drifting in fresno? Dsc_0120
r/c drifting in fresno? Dsc_0121

heres a couple of videos from the local track i go to. sorry about the crashing. its hard to control the car when its got a big ass gopro hanging off of it lol.

Back to top Go down
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

PostSubject: Re: r/c drifting in fresno?   r/c drifting in fresno? EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 1:15 pm

Nice..i actually bought one to learn how to but damn its hard..any tips and trickd to make it perfect?
Back to top Go down
welchie
noob

PostSubject: Re: r/c drifting in fresno?   r/c drifting in fresno? EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 4:40 am

i dont really know any tricks except for keep practicing. im not that good either but im alot better then i was a year ago when i started lmao. what works for me though is toe out front and toe in rear. more camber up tront then in the rear, but it all depends on you.
Back to top Go down
cavila06
noob
cavila06

PostSubject: Re: r/c drifting in fresno?   r/c drifting in fresno? EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 9:04 pm

hahahahaah ive never seen this so bad ass lol looks like a lot of fun are those little things expensive or no?
Back to top Go down
welchie
noob

PostSubject: Re: r/c drifting in fresno?   r/c drifting in fresno? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:05 am

the basic ready to run kit from yokomo is around 200 dollars i think. tamiya has a cheaper ready to run kit, i think its under a hundred.

be careful though, it can get really expansive fast once you start adding hop ups. all my r/c stuff is over a grand. crazy huh? lol
Back to top Go down
DoHcZcED6
noob
DoHcZcED6

PostSubject: Re: r/c drifting in fresno?   r/c drifting in fresno? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:13 am

Hobby town has free races where people go and drift on fridays but im always down to hang and drift with ya
Back to top Go down
welchie
noob

PostSubject: Re: r/c drifting in fresno?   r/c drifting in fresno? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 6:46 am

Does hobby town have an actual track or is it just an open area? And hells yeah I'll r/c drift with you, its good to know I might be able to continue my other hobby in the states lol. What's your setup if you don't mind me asking?
Back to top Go down
DoHcZcED6
noob
DoHcZcED6

PostSubject: Re: r/c drifting in fresno?   r/c drifting in fresno? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:08 am

welchie wrote:
Does hobby town have an actual track or is it just an open area? And hells yeah I'll r/c drift with you, its good to know I might be able to continue my other hobby in the states lol. What's your setup if you don't mind me asking?
They have a big track in the back that just has lines on the ground. Well I just started so I have the HPI Ready to Run E10 AE86. I order a 15T motor just waiting on that and some adjustable springs
Back to top Go down
cavila06
noob
cavila06

PostSubject: Re: r/c drifting in fresno?   r/c drifting in fresno? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:11 pm

welchie wrote:
the basic ready to run kit from yokomo is around 200 dollars i think. tamiya has a cheaper ready to run kit, i think its under a hundred.

be careful though, it can get really expansive fast once you start adding hop ups. all my r/c stuff is over a grand. crazy huh? lol
\

damnnn thats crazy man but sure does look like a ton of fun lol maybe once im done with my turbo build ill look into this Smile
Back to top Go down
ONE4ONE
Marketplace Moderator
ONE4ONE

PostSubject: Re: r/c drifting in fresno?   r/c drifting in fresno? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:50 pm

Hey Welchie, I think there is a place next to J's Alarms in Fresno.
Back to top Go down
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

PostSubject: Re: r/c drifting in fresno?   r/c drifting in fresno? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 2:51 am

U can buy mine! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: r/c drifting in fresno?   r/c drifting in fresno? Empty

Back to top Go down

r/c drifting in fresno?
Page 1 of 1