Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tire Shops in the Valley?

Go down 
+9
coach
GRBeaSTin
MUACHi
GREY_STAR
2159ClassicRed
ONE4ONE
illest
kaj
Pavin
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pavin
regular
Pavin

Tire Shops in the Valley? Empty
PostSubject: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? EmptyThu May 31, 2012 12:36 am

Any good places w/ good prices?

My main curiousity is what shops are willing to stretch tires? I know the guys at ASR said if they could give it a try and see if they'd air up etc..

Looking really for input from the drift cats
Back to top Go down
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? EmptyThu May 31, 2012 12:56 am

same answer as the last thread:

AllStar Repair. good prices and quick too. ask for Billy and tell him Jason sent you. he does all my wheels/tires.
Back to top Go down
illest
regular
illest

PostSubject: Re: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? EmptyThu May 31, 2012 2:02 am

Pavin wrote:
Any good places w/ good prices?

My main curiousity is what shops are willing to stretch tires? I know the guys at ASR said if they could give it a try and see if they'd air up etc..

Looking really for input from the drift cats

ASR! But the last time I tried to do a stretched setup from them they couldn't air it up (225/40 on a 18x10). They always have the best deals for tires mounted and balanced out the door.

DUBs on Chestnut/Belmont can do a stretched setup. Ran me $30 per pair.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:47 am

facepalm
Back to top Go down
ONE4ONE
Marketplace Moderator
ONE4ONE

PostSubject: Re: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? EmptyThu May 31, 2012 11:17 am

DUB CUSTOMS - on the corner of Chestnut & Belmont. Talk to Alex(owner) or Carlos(his right hand guy). Tell them Jack sent you. Good prices, and they will strech those tires for you......Tire Shops in the Valley? 424776184
Back to top Go down
2159ClassicRed
regular
2159ClassicRed

PostSubject: Re: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? EmptyThu May 31, 2012 12:31 pm

I would recommend, but stretched tires is not only a nightmare, but a liability for the mounter. Are you doing it for clearance or just for that stretched look?
Back to top Go down
GREY_STAR
regular
GREY_STAR

PostSubject: Re: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:40 pm

i always go to westcoast on blackstone across from clawson. they stretched my 205/40s on my 16x9 no problem. dude name is MO
Back to top Go down
illest
regular
illest

PostSubject: Re: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? EmptyThu May 31, 2012 2:31 pm

2159ClassicRed wrote:
I would recommend, but stretched tires is not only a nightmare, but a liability for the mounter. Are you doing it for clearance or just for that stretched look?

Daily driving with a couple mountain runs with hella stretched tires for a year and half now no problems. Of course they don't handle as well as a block setup.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? EmptyThu May 31, 2012 7:08 pm

what's a "block setup"?
Back to top Go down
illest
regular
illest

PostSubject: Re: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? EmptyThu May 31, 2012 11:49 pm

kaj wrote:
what's a "block setup"?

Nice and square AKA properly sized tires.
Back to top Go down
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

PostSubject: Re: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 12:51 am

illest wrote:
kaj wrote:
what's a "block setup"?

thumbsup
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tommymonchivang
GRBeaSTin
regular
GRBeaSTin

PostSubject: Re: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 1:19 am

kaj wrote:
what's a "block setup"?

First time I've heard of that term too Laughing
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 2:19 am

GRBeaSTin wrote:
kaj wrote:
what's a "block setup"?

First time I've heard of that term too Laughing
Lol normal tire sizes for wheels are now calle blocked? Weird.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 2:34 am

illest wrote:
kaj wrote:
what's a "block setup"?

there's now a name for normal tires? that just seems.... odd, to put it politely.

we should make up a name for "normal" fenders. like ones that aren't damaged from hella flush, since there are names for other normal functions of a car. LOL. oh! how 'bout an engine that's unmodified? or...

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
2159ClassicRed
regular
2159ClassicRed

PostSubject: Re: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 3:28 am

I'm all confused dontknow
Back to top Go down
leemo559
leemo559

PostSubject: Re: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 10:33 am

what bout having squared tires...???
Back to top Go down
Pavin
regular
Pavin

PostSubject: Re: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 5:40 pm

illest wrote:

ASR! But the last time I tried to do a stretched setup from them they couldn't air it up (225/40 on a 18x10). They always have the best deals for tires mounted and balanced out the door.

DUBs on Chestnut/Belmont can do a stretched setup. Ran me $30 per pair.

Thanks for the heads up I've got 215/35 on my 18x10s.... but I bought them like this lol..

And 2159, why would people stretch tires for a look? Its for clearance.. I wouldn't go as extreme of a stretch looking just in case my SVNs dont sell :/

Right now i've got about an inch of poke.. if I kept them I'd need to get stiffer rear springs, but I want a more "chunky" set up with no rub..
Back to top Go down
2159ClassicRed
regular
2159ClassicRed

PostSubject: Re: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 6:23 pm

Pavin wrote:

And 2159, why would people stretch tires for a look? Its for clearance.. I wouldn't go as extreme of a stretch looking just in case my SVNs dont sell :/

Right now i've got about an inch of poke.. if I kept them I'd need to get stiffer rear springs, but I want a more "chunky" set up with no rub..

Some people do.

What size tire are your trying to "stretch" on to what kind of rim width?
Back to top Go down
Pavin
regular
Pavin

PostSubject: Re: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 9:33 pm

2159ClassicRed wrote:
Pavin wrote:

Some people do.

What size tire are your trying to "stretch" on to what kind of rim width?

Again depends if these damn things sell or not.. If not it'd be 18x10s and I want a taller tire/less of a stretch than what I had originally.. which was a 215/35..

At the moment I want them to sell so I can go wayy less aggressive for long distance :/
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 10:38 pm

Pavin wrote:

Again depends if these damn things sell or not.. If not it'd be 18x10s and I want a taller tire/less of a stretch than what I had originally.. which was a 215/35..

At the moment I want them to sell so I can go wayy less aggressive for long distance :/

WOW. i had a 255 tire on a 9.5" wheel and it fit perfect. .5" wider wheel and 40mm narrower tire? is that safe? i had 245s on a 9" wheel and it had too much stretch for me. i was also forced to run the 255s on a 10" wheel for a bit. that was an awful experience. LOL

Tire Shops in the Valley? Muchostrecho
Back to top Go down
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

PostSubject: Re: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 11:56 pm

So 255 on 10inch isnt good?? I plan on running 255/40 on 17x10
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 1:34 am

Mynes_3 wrote:
So 255 on 10inch isnt good?? I plan on running 255/40 on 17x10

that's the picture above. the car handled like i was driving on ice. very unpredictable. not much grip and broke loose without warning. when i put the 255 on the 9.5" wheel, it was decent. there was a very firm side wall so i had little to no flex, but the tire had contact as it should. i'd say a 9.5" wheel is the limit for a 255. the ONLY reason i didn't go 265 was due to fitment issues, otherwise i probably would have and even been more happy. on a 10" wheel, i can't imagine going smaller than a 275. 265 would be close and a 255 only if you are going for the look. the pic below is the 255 on my 10" wheel. it's resting on a 245 tire on a 9" wheel, in case you are curious. also a bit more stretched than i would prefer.

Tire Shops in the Valley? Muchostrecho2
Back to top Go down
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

PostSubject: Re: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 1:51 am

Hankook evo v12 right?? I plan on getting those in size in stated above. So "drivig on ice" meaning never grips? Just like sliding around unsafe?
Back to top Go down
Pavin
regular
Pavin

PostSubject: Re: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 1:26 pm

Suspect Sliding around with that much rubber? (lol)

My car must seriously be total crap in power because I've never had that issue.. So was the first picture a 10 wide or the second?

Really I only want to sell my rims because I dont want to worry about rubbing/popping a tire any longer, and my car rides like a damn dream now that it's not fully stiff!

Would a stiffer spring (little higher in weight) make a huge difference in rear travel? My front NEVER rubs, but its not that much higher in weight? Is it just that small difference that makes it that way??

BTW those advans are gorgeoussss thumbsup
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 2:31 pm

Mynes_3 wrote:
Hankook evo v12 right?? I plan on getting those in size in stated above. So "drivig on ice" meaning never grips? Just like sliding around unsafe?

Yes. Great street tires. I've been using them for quite some time. I really like Hankook's tires. The car rode stiff. I could deal with that....but while doing "spirited" driving and auto-x, I couldn't corner hard without sliding. it was no fun. It was safe enough for daily driving, though. I just wouldn't use a stretched tire for competition use.

Pavin wrote:
Suspect Sliding around with that much rubber? (lol)

My car must seriously be total crap in power because I've never had that issue.. So was the first picture a 10 wide or the second?

Really I only want to sell my rims because I dont want to worry about rubbing/popping a tire any longer, and my car rides like a damn dream now that it's not fully stiff!

Would a stiffer spring (little higher in weight) make a huge difference in rear travel? My front NEVER rubs, but its not that much higher in weight? Is it just that small difference that makes it that way??

BTW those advans are gorgeoussss thumbsup

First and second pics are the same wheel/tire. The Advans are long gone but were super sexy. Too bad they didn't fit my car. Bleh. I was making 335/345 awhp/wtq. It's not that they weren't big enough, it's just that the sidewalls had 0 give. A slight stretch is okay....but these were pretty bad.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tire Shops in the Valley?   Tire Shops in the Valley? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tire Shops in the Valley?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next