Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tanso Drift event july 7.

Go down 
+6
Pavin
Garrett
coach
2159ClassicRed
kaj
PANDA_KID
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PANDA_KID
regular
PANDA_KID

Tanso Drift event july 7. Empty
PostSubject: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. EmptyMon May 21, 2012 2:03 am

Tanso Drift event july 7. 303397_301236549957763_100002142618121_655223_1868887395_n
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pandakid559
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. EmptyMon May 21, 2012 3:47 am

Looks good. Will be there.
Back to top Go down
PANDA_KID
regular
PANDA_KID

PostSubject: Re: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. EmptyMon May 21, 2012 2:29 pm

Will be an awesome event Very Happy
Back to top Go down
2159ClassicRed
regular
2159ClassicRed

PostSubject: Re: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:07 pm

Curious how this will all come about.................... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. EmptyMon May 21, 2012 11:39 pm

why does it cost so much?
Back to top Go down
PANDA_KID
regular
PANDA_KID

PostSubject: Re: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:20 am

coach wrote:
why does it cost so much?

i could be wrong,but i think i heard someone say that the SCCA get a discount or their insurance gets a discount. dontknow .but 8-8pm (they might go 10pm).
Back to top Go down
PANDA_KID
regular
PANDA_KID

PostSubject: Re: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:40 pm

Tanso Drift event july 7. 599290_10150895563412017_1500689623_n

New flyer bump!
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Spectating??????
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:47 pm

Garrett wrote:
Spectating??????
There is a reason why they didnt let the last scca drift event have spectator's and its because its under the clubs insurance and i guess somethings happened.
Back to top Go down
Pavin
regular
Pavin

PostSubject: Re: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:21 am

soooo no spectating once again unamused ?
Back to top Go down
PANDA_KID
regular
PANDA_KID

PostSubject: Re: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:44 am

this event isnt ran by SCCA,Club Tanso is running this.ill ask for spectating.
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:13 am

Pavin wrote:
soooo no spectating once again unamused ?
well no its not going to be ran by the scca. So I think they should let it happen. Theres alot of random ass people that show up at auto x events and if something happens and the fair grounds says pay its on the fresno group to pay for it. So that's why there wasn't any spectating at the last one. Picking up after people sucks too. Hope this event goes smooth.
Back to top Go down
2159ClassicRed
regular
2159ClassicRed

PostSubject: Re: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Lets put it straight.

SCCA provides the insurance for the events. The previous drift event something happened. Meeting evolved, and things had to be clamped down on. Kudos to those within the drift community to step up and take command.

There is a lot more to the situation that meets the eye.
Back to top Go down
PANDA_KID
regular
PANDA_KID

PostSubject: Re: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:20 am

i just asked,their is spectating but its limited.so i guess the one that show up first gets in.since tandem is involved and for the safety of others.is why its limited.they are doing ride alongs for a fee all day pass and if the driver want to allow passengers.but most of them dont mind if people wanna ride along.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:56 am

kinda tough to get support and new people trying the event when nobody can watch.
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 1:16 am

kaj wrote:
kinda tough to get support and new people trying the event when nobody can watch.

I really don't think tandem drifting is for "new people". If you're not already in the drift scene or pretty good at drifting, you shouldn't be showing up the day of the event trying to get involved.

I could definitely understand if they don't want spectators at this event. Having amateurs out sliding around is one thing, as we saw at the last drift day... when people weren't following the course and some guy plowed his 240 into the barrier poles protecting that fire hydrant or whatever it was. Then multiply all the variables by having two drivers.

The scca events are the ones that need beginners exposure.

All that aside I would like to see some tandem drifting. Lol. I went last year to the event they had way out on shields. Some of the local guys sure can tear it up out there headbang
Back to top Go down
PANDA_KID
regular
PANDA_KID

PostSubject: Re: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 2:09 am

well their will be a solo group,which i'll be in.so its beginner friendly.if i do tandem at the end of the event. im gonna want a 5 car length lol
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 3:23 pm

Garrett wrote:
If you're not already in the drift scene or pretty good at drifting, you shouldn't be showing up the day of the event trying to get involved.

that's a horrible take. allow me to elaborate:

if people get out to watch then they may get interested. if they are interested, then they start to buy stuff and learn. that's good for parts manufacturers. as they learn, they want to compete. that is good for the event promoters. the more people you have involved and interested, the more exposure there is and the more money circulates. this turns into more and larger events. this is why all motorsports (and sporting events in general) allow spectators. fans and participants bring in money.

to have an attitude like, "if you're not already one of the cool kids, then just forget it" is gonna kill drifting entirely. who wants to be involved with people like that? can you imagine if football, baseball, and Formula 1 didn't allow spectators?

Garrett wrote:
I could definitely understand if they don't want spectators at this event. Having amateurs out sliding around is one thing, as we saw at the last drift day... when people weren't following the course and some guy plowed his 240 into the barrier poles protecting that fire hydrant or whatever it was. Then multiply all the variables by having two drivers.

except spectators "spectate". not drive.
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 5:55 pm

kaj wrote:
Garrett wrote:
If you're not already in the drift scene or pretty good at drifting, you shouldn't be showing up the day of the event trying to get involved.

that's a horrible take. allow me to elaborate:

if people get out to watch then they may get interested. if they are interested, then they start to buy stuff and learn. that's good for parts manufacturers. as they learn, they want to compete. that is good for the event promoters. the more people you have involved and interested, the more exposure there is and the more money circulates. this turns into more and larger events. this is why all motorsports (and sporting events in general) allow spectators. fans and participants bring in money.

to have an attitude like, "if you're not already one of the cool kids, then just forget it" is gonna kill drifting entirely. who wants to be involved with people like that? can you imagine if football, baseball, and Formula 1 didn't allow spectators?

Garrett wrote:

except spectators "spectate". not drive.

Oh great English language master, thank you for enlightening me on the word spectator.

I know spectators spectate, that's why I said the great risk involving an event was mutliple cars and spectators. There isn't much to protect fair grounds spectators from out of control vehicles... if you think those 2x4 barriers are going to stop a car, much less stop even a rogue tire if it were to fly off a car, you'd be a fool.

And comparing the fair grounds to formula one or a pro sport is stretching this a bit far don't you think? Can I stand 15 feet away from the track in the middle of a corner with just a piece of wood to protect me?

Last time I checked they had grandstands and safe distances for spectating.
Back to top Go down
2159ClassicRed
regular
2159ClassicRed

PostSubject: Re: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 6:19 pm

Fact: One person was there at the event the had the "incident", another didn't. Case closed.

It has nothing to do with telling people you ain't cool enough to attend and spectate. It has more to do with crowd control and being more organized after the incident. Which did happen.

Doesn't F1 and ALMS charge you to spectate? Due to lawyers, this isn't a spectator sport, so enough said.
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 6:31 pm

Back on topic I suppose, is anyone other than panda kid entering???
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 9:37 pm

Garrett wrote:

Oh great English language master, thank you for enlightening me on the word spectator.

I know spectators spectate, that's why I said the great risk involving an event was mutliple cars and spectators. There isn't much to protect fair grounds spectators from out of control vehicles... if you think those 2x4 barriers are going to stop a car, much less stop even a rogue tire if it were to fly off a car, you'd be a fool.

And comparing the fair grounds to formula one or a pro sport is stretching this a bit far don't you think? Can I stand 15 feet away from the track in the middle of a corner with just a piece of wood to protect me?

then perhaps you should learn to type your thoughts a bit more concise and say what you mean. i was replying to what you typed, not what you "meant". and don't hate because i can put a reasonable sentence together.
Razz

2159ClassicRed wrote:
Fact: One person was there at the event the had the "incident", another didn't. Case closed.

It has nothing to do with telling people you ain't cool enough to attend and spectate. It has more to do with crowd control and being more organized after the incident. Which did happen.

Doesn't F1 and ALMS charge you to spectate? Due to lawyers, this isn't a spectator sport, so enough said.

since when are motorsports not a spectator sport? and i know i don't speak for everyone.. but i'm sure they could get away with charging $5 or so to get in if insurance was an issue. i'd pay to support some local drivers. also, most events have you sign a waiver saying they are absolved of all liablity in event of accident. was some jerk giving SCCA a hard time, despite signing the waiver? 'cause that would be booshit. and if crowd control is better now, all the more reason to let people see the event.
awesome that sue-happy people like to ruin things for everyone else.
Back to top Go down
PANDA_KID
regular
PANDA_KID

PostSubject: Re: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:03 am

Pre-Registration DEADLINE is June 17th
Back to top Go down
PANDA_KID
regular
PANDA_KID

PostSubject: Re: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 1:51 am

2 weeks bump! headbang
Back to top Go down
PANDA_KID
regular
PANDA_KID

PostSubject: Re: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 12:18 am

This saturday!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tanso Drift event july 7.   Tanso Drift event july 7. Empty

Back to top Go down

Tanso Drift event july 7.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next