Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal

Go down 
+12
MUACHi
SNATCHBACK
STI_Clint
Rickdaddy
L
white1gen_tl
94RSIntegra
pig_pit
2159ClassicRed
Garrett
kaj
coach
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 3:47 pm

Quote :

It's silly. I now know what you were talking about when you said being a mod sucked. Hahahaaaaa whoop whoop I am free and clear of that title. I'm ok with my pink user name and event cordinator title.

Yup. You do your job, you get bagged on and flamed. I don't mind that as I don't care about the complaining...IF the other moderators/admin support you. My issue was that I was the only one who cared to keep the site clean. Everyone else were too busy with other things, I suppose. It's much more fun to just come on and visit without having everyone second guess your every post.
headbang

2159ClassicRed wrote:

Those who say the events bring traffic congestion and destroy their hearing. Basically they have no interest in our sport and have millions of dollars and want to build residential homes around an area that has been used for our sport for quite some time. IE: Laguna Seca..............but with Historics bringing in top $$$, it'll be safe.

Yeah. I used to go Mesa Marin, in Bakersfield, when I was a kid. It was in the middle of nowhere. Housing eventually made its way out there. They then complained about the noise. Track closed. Sad day. You buy a house near a track? Expect noise, in my opinion. As for tearing down Magic Mountain, Laguna Seca, and other land marks just to build some houses? Ghey. I guess greed knows no bounds.
Back to top Go down
2159ClassicRed
regular
2159ClassicRed

Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:03 pm

kaj wrote:

Yup. You do your job, you get bagged on and flamed. I don't mind that as I don't care about the complaining...IF the other moderators/admin support you. My issue was that I was the only one who cared to keep the site clean. Everyone else were too busy with other things, I suppose. It's much more fun to just come on and visit without having everyone second guess your every post.
headbang

Yeah. I used to go Mesa Marin, in Bakersfield, when I was a kid. It was in the middle of nowhere. Housing eventually made its way out there. They then complained about the noise. Track closed. Sad day. You buy a house near a track? Expect noise, in my opinion. As for tearing down Magic Mountain, Laguna Seca, and other land marks just to build some houses? Ghey. I guess greed knows no bounds.

LS probably the best to survive, or other big name tracks. Depends on how much they bring in.

El Toro is probably on the chop list. Unfortunate as it's probably the best autocrossing site on this side of the country and it's great for small companies to test out their production cars. Plus TG (US version) and Ken Block of the like used it to their advantage. Castle AFB fell because of political games. You'll see little terrorist remote planes flying around, but a 1900 lbs Miata with 275 Hoosiers is being accused of pulling up concrete that is probably plenty feet deep that used to be the anchor point of some pretty heavy equipment. Total BS logic.

kaj wrote:

headbang

All I can say is that L's actions are quite ironic. Monkey say don't do, but Monkey does it themselves anyways. unamused
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:43 pm

2159ClassicRed wrote:

LS probably the best to survive, or other big name tracks. Depends on how much they bring in.

El Toro is probably on the chop list. Unfortunate as it's probably the best autocrossing site on this side of the country and it's great for small companies to test out their production cars. Plus TG (US version) and Ken Block of the like used it to their advantage. Castle AFB fell because of political games. You'll see little terrorist remote planes flying around, but a 1900 lbs Miata with 275 Hoosiers is being accused of pulling up concrete that is probably plenty feet deep that used to be the anchor point of some pretty heavy equipment. Total BS logic.

All I can say is that L's actions are quite ironic. Monkey say don't do, but Monkey does it themselves anyways. unamused

auto racing is not very popular with the political crowd, that is for sure. they don't care as they make no money off of it. there's more money to be made by shutting tracks and other venues down for "preservation purposes". or.. building the afore mentioned homes. it just sucks that we seem to be a dying breed. pretty soon all that will be left is NASCAR. yay.

as for L and other staff here, to be honest, i don't pay much attention to the arguing. i kinda skim past it. so, i honestly can't chime in. dontknow
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:21 pm

2159ClassicRed wrote:

If you build it, they will come. Then they will have to do as you say or be banned.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 10:02 pm

Garrett wrote:
2159ClassicRed wrote:

If you build it, they will come. Then they will have to do as you say or be banned.

This reminds me of how FSR got started. A site called Central Valley Street Racing started. I found it with a random search while looking for a way to talk with local cars guys. This is how I met two friends that I still have to this day. Anyway, the dude who ran the site banned anyone who disagreed with him. After all of us Fresno guys got banned, we started FSR. It was cool until the trolls took over. It died. Ryan closed it, now FI is continuing the tradition. I'd say this place should be fine as it is staying small and is made up of a group of people that are all into the same things (primarily imports).

I think forums need to be specific to be successful. FSR tried to combine the whole scene, which we all know can never happen.

[/trip down memory lane]

Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 12:01 am

kaj wrote:
Garrett wrote:
2159ClassicRed wrote:

This reminds me of how FSR got started. A site called Central Valley Street Racing started. I found it with a random search while looking for a way to talk with local cars guys. This is how I met two friends that I still have to this day. Anyway, the dude who ran the site banned anyone who disagreed with him. After all of us Fresno guys got banned, we started FSR. It was cool until the trolls took over. It died. Ryan closed it, now FI is continuing the tradition. I'd say this place should be fine as it is staying small and is made up of a group of people that are all into the same things (primarily imports).

I think forums need to be specific to be successful. FSR tried to combine the whole scene, which we all know can never happen.

[/trip down memory lane]

twr!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you left out a bit of history
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 12:22 am

coach wrote:
kaj wrote:
Garrett wrote:
2159ClassicRed wrote:

[/trip down memory lane]

i thought i hit the major points of why FSR was started. what did i foget? it has been a long time.
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 2:51 pm

Garrett wrote:
2159ClassicRed wrote:

Hey bro, Mikey and them are building a local Subaru forum. Maybe you should like... you know, join em.
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 3:00 pm

Rickdaddy wrote:
Garrett wrote:
2159ClassicRed wrote:

Hey bro, Mikey and them are building a local Subaru forum. Maybe you should like... you know, join em.

Mikey is actually a cool guy. As is Trevor(sp?) and Victor and some other Subaru drivers. Maybe I will join them, at least they wouldn't try to single me out and ban me for doing the same thing others do... see you at the meet on the third thumbsup
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 3:05 pm

drama never ceases. ever. Jersey Shore up in this bitch.
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 4:15 pm

kaj wrote:

Not at all. I'd prefer to discuss things in person rather than airing it all out online.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 5:06 pm

Garrett wrote:
kaj wrote:

Not at all. I'd prefer to discuss things in person rather than airing it all out online.

that's far too adult for the intranetz!!
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 5:42 pm

kaj wrote:
coach wrote:
kaj wrote:
Garrett wrote:
2159ClassicRed wrote:

[/trip down memory lane]

i thought i hit the major points of why FSR was started. what did i foget? it has been a long time.
when the site split.....thats all.

with so much drama on fresno-imports its hard to be the C-O-A-C-H
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 6:58 pm

coach wrote:
kaj wrote:
coach wrote:
kaj wrote:
Garrett wrote:
2159ClassicRed wrote:

[/trip down memory lane]

when the site split.....thats all.

with so much drama on fresno-imports its hard to be the C-O-A-C-H

oh, yeah. we had to get fresnoracing.com away from another tyrant. LOL. he owned .com so .net had to be purchased.
Back to top Go down
STI_Clint
Jesus
STI_Clint

PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 11:27 pm

The drama here is small time compared to FSR. FSR was on a whole nother level but it was always a fun read.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 11:54 pm

STI_Clint wrote:
The drama here is small time compared to FSR. FSR was on a whole nother level but it was always a fun read.

It was allowed and encouraged, so yeah. Outta control.
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 1:48 am

kaj wrote:
STI_Clint wrote:

It was allowed and encouraged, so yeah. Outta control.
Wheres Chris when you need him? As far as drama on this site its silly shit. come to the rescue type.
Back to top Go down
2159ClassicRed
regular
2159ClassicRed

PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 4:41 pm

Rickdaddy wrote:

Hey brah, no one is talkin to you.
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:19 pm

Rickdaddy wrote:
Garrett wrote:
2159ClassicRed wrote:

and im not ready to be a mod. I guess someone left his big boy pants in the dryer that day. Its funny now how I was the reason people didnt like the site, yet here we are with this type of shit coming from the admin. Way to keep it classy.
Back to top Go down
SNATCHBACK
regular
SNATCHBACK

PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 4:34 am

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 7:19 pm

Rickdaddy wrote:
Garrett wrote:
2159ClassicRed wrote:

i tried to find the site and join, couldnt find it. Must be too BroDM for me.
Back to top Go down
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 2:27 am

STI > EVO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just trollin troll
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tommymonchivang
leemo559
leemo559

PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 10:24 pm

sites been kind of dead....wheres everyone been at....???? popcorn
Back to top Go down
559civic_dx
noob

PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 11:10 pm

leemo559 wrote:

:dntknw:d-series.org headbang headbang headbang headbang headbang
Back to top Go down
DNM Power
regular
DNM Power

PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 4:43 am

559civic_dx wrote:
leemo559 wrote:

:dntknw:d-series.org  headbang headbang headbang  headbang  headbang

Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal    Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Debate thread- Let it all air out in here If your toe get stepped on dont take it personal
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next