Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

vandalizing an engine

Go down 
+5
react9
MUACHi
94db8
mk2mike
kaj
9 posters
AuthorMessage
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

vandalizing an engine Empty
PostSubject: vandalizing an engine   vandalizing an engine EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 3:56 pm

does anyone have any idea of what can be poured into a fuel tank that will make it past a fuel pump, through the injectors, and ruin the cylinders so that they have no compression?

is there even such a thing?
Back to top Go down
mk2mike
regular

PostSubject: Re: vandalizing an engine   vandalizing an engine EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 3:58 pm

Sodium Silicate?
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: vandalizing an engine   vandalizing an engine EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:48 pm

it would need to be something the ricer had on him when he vandalized my mom's car. i know it's a myth.. but i'm grabbing at straws here as the engine seems FINE but has no compression.

everyone is stumped.
Back to top Go down
94db8
regular
94db8

PostSubject: Re: vandalizing an engine   vandalizing an engine EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 9:23 pm

do the leak down test
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: vandalizing an engine   vandalizing an engine EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:48 pm

94db8 wrote:
do the leak down test

As soon a someone loans me one. Should have it done Monday
Back to top Go down
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

PostSubject: Re: vandalizing an engine   vandalizing an engine EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 2:08 am

What happened?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tommymonchivang
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: vandalizing an engine   vandalizing an engine EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 1:45 pm

MUACHi wrote:
What happened?

someone messed with my mom's car. we found out who it was (finger and show prints), but are having trouble finding him. in the mean time, her car will no longer start. it may be a coincidence, but he went through a lot of trouble to get the gas cap lid open. just wondering if there is something he could have put in that would ruin the engine. as far as i know there isn't anything.. but who knows. grasping at straws as i've checked out the engine from top to bottom and can find nothing wrong.
Back to top Go down
react9
noob
react9

PostSubject: Re: vandalizing an engine   vandalizing an engine EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 3:45 pm

kaj wrote:
MUACHi wrote:
What happened?

someone messed with my mom's car. we found out who it was (finger and show prints), but are having trouble finding him. in the mean time, her car will no longer start. it may be a coincidence, but he went through a lot of trouble to get the gas cap lid open. just wondering if there is something he could have put in that would ruin the engine. as far as i know there isn't anything.. but who knows. grasping at straws as i've checked out the engine from top to bottom and can find nothing wrong.

check for contaminants inside the fuel tank.
Back to top Go down
leemo559
leemo559

PostSubject: Re: vandalizing an engine   vandalizing an engine EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 4:18 pm

might b a stretch but what bout diesel fuel...??? hope u find problem thumbsup
Back to top Go down
blkwagon
noob
blkwagon

PostSubject: Re: vandalizing an engine   vandalizing an engine EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 11:22 pm

sure there wasn't a coenceidence and she just burned a valve up?
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: vandalizing an engine   vandalizing an engine EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:42 am

blkwagon wrote:
sure there wasn't a coenceidence and she just burned a valve up?

none of the cylinders have compression.
Back to top Go down
blkwagon
noob
blkwagon

PostSubject: Re: vandalizing an engine   vandalizing an engine EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:49 am

Said compression tester fr sure good? I really don't think any thing could be done to a engine to have that happen. Mechanical failure jumped timing a bent valves maybe?
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: vandalizing an engine   vandalizing an engine EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:43 pm

blkwagon wrote:
Said compression tester fr sure good? I really don't think any thing could be done to a engine to have that happen. Mechanical failure jumped timing a bent valves maybe?

timing belt hasn't moved. all is still aligned at TDC.
Back to top Go down
Wind Dance
noob
Wind Dance

PostSubject: Re: vandalizing an engine   vandalizing an engine EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:57 pm

A bottle of water? Moisture is removed from the chemicals in gas, but too much water can cause engine failure.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: vandalizing an engine   vandalizing an engine EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 4:06 pm

found the problem: coolant temp sensor. LOL. how funny is that, considering another board member JUST had the same issue. i didn't think of the sensor being an issue as there were no other signs of it being bad. no CEL.. the car wouldn't run at all so i could tell how rich it was.. and what really got me was the lack of compression. Thong from ASP2 checked the car out for me as i was ready to set the damned thing on fire and needed a set of fresh eyes to look around. actually, i was ready to pull the head and check the valves.
so, i get a text message, "it was the coolant temp sensor".

WTF?? how in hell does that translate to bad compression. then it hit me: bad sensor = engine flooded with fuel = washing out cylinders = no oil for rings to seal. a text from Thong and a friend of mine at Clawson confirmed. compression numbers are super low and erratic on a cold engine anyway.. the flooding only exacerbated this issue.

anyway.. i really don't know that i ever would have thought of this solution, so thanks, Thong. and LOL @ being something so simple.

damned cars.
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: vandalizing an engine   vandalizing an engine EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 3:32 pm

isnt that how it goes thu?
Back to top Go down
react9
noob
react9

PostSubject: Re: vandalizing an engine   vandalizing an engine EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 3:59 pm

kaj wrote:
found the problem: coolant temp sensor. LOL. how funny is that, considering another board member JUST had the same issue. i didn't think of the sensor being an issue as there were no other signs of it being bad. no CEL.. the car wouldn't run at all so i could tell how rich it was.. and what really got me was the lack of compression. Thong from ASP2 checked the car out for me as i was ready to set the damned thing on fire and needed a set of fresh eyes to look around. actually, i was ready to pull the head and check the valves.
so, i get a text message, "it was the coolant temp sensor".

WTF?? how in hell does that translate to bad compression. then it hit me: bad sensor = engine flooded with fuel = washing out cylinders = no oil for rings to seal. a text from Thong and a friend of mine at Clawson confirmed. compression numbers are super low and erratic on a cold engine anyway.. the flooding only exacerbated this issue.

anyway.. i really don't know that i ever would have thought of this solution, so thanks, Thong. and LOL @ being something so simple.

damned cars.

thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: vandalizing an engine   vandalizing an engine Empty

Back to top Go down

vandalizing an engine
Page 1 of 1