Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

brand new to the import scene

Go down 
+11
esactivesk8r
coach
Garrett
leemo559
ONE4ONE
PANDA_KID
SinglecamEJ8
kaj
pig_pit
SNATCHBACK
jmaton89
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jmaton89
noob
jmaton89

brand new to the import scene  Empty
PostSubject: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 1:11 am

hey everybody im new to the import scene, i have alot to learn. ive always been into trucks, had a mini truck but in process of getting an 01 civic coupe. i could use all the help i could get
Back to top Go down
SNATCHBACK
regular
SNATCHBACK

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 1:45 am

welcome to the site thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Back to top Go down
pig_pit
regular
pig_pit

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 1:45 am

Hi and welcome. Not that much em2 civics in here.
Back to top Go down
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 2:33 am

welcome! and true: not many civics around in that body style. something different. nice! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
SinglecamEJ8
Marketplace Moderator
SinglecamEJ8

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 7:03 pm

before my EP3, I had an EM2 as a daily....nice car, good gas milage.

welcome.
Back to top Go down
jmaton89
noob
jmaton89

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 1:43 am

thanks glad to be here
Back to top Go down
PANDA_KID
regular
PANDA_KID

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 2:36 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pandakid559
ONE4ONE
Marketplace Moderator
ONE4ONE

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 3:10 pm

WELCOME............. afro
Back to top Go down
leemo559
leemo559

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:52 pm

welcome to the site... thumbsup
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:07 pm

Pics?
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:11 pm

kaj wrote:
Pics?

or ban! unamused
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 12:04 am

thumbsup
Back to top Go down
jmaton89
noob
jmaton89

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:25 am

just got it today ill put pics up tomorrow. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 12:40 pm

jmaton89 wrote:
just got it today ill put pics up tomorrow. Very Happy

nice, dude. can't wait. is it red? silly question, but it seems most of the ones i see are red. LOL.
Back to top Go down
esactivesk8r
regular
esactivesk8r

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:50 pm

welcome to FI! We'll do our best to help ya out with whatever questions you might have.
We may not have every answer, but there are also em2 forums with most of the answers.
Back to top Go down
Seng
regular

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 8:08 pm

First of all, welcome to Fresno-Import..would love to see your progress on your civic..

My first car was an Enternal Blue EM2...own it from 08-10...Really missed the car a lot though Sad
Here's some pic of her:
brand new to the import scene  4551411739_37f07a6eab_b

brand new to the import scene  4594858444_ff6c2b5698

brand new to the import scene  168zomr

brand new to the import scene  Wb9lw7

Last edited by Seng on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://art-issues.deviantart.com
pig_pit
regular
pig_pit

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 8:42 pm

thumbsup thumbsup
Back to top Go down
jmaton89
noob
jmaton89

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:42 am

[img]brand new to the import scene  Utf-8BSU1BRzAxMDcuanBn[/img][img]brand new to the import scene  Utf-8BSU1BRzAxMDguanBn[/img]

as promised, bone stock dnt know wat to start with
Back to top Go down
jmaton89
noob
jmaton89

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:46 am

Seng wrote:
First of all, welcome to Fresno-Import..would love to see your progress on your civic..

My first car was an Enternal Blue EM2...own it from 08-10...Really missed the car a lot though Sad
Here's some pic of her:
brand new to the import scene  4551411739_37f07a6eab_b

brand new to the import scene  4594858444_ff6c2b5698

brand new to the import scene  168zomr

brand new to the import scene  Wb9lw7

it looks hella sick bro.
Back to top Go down
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 5:20 am

welcome dude. well depending on your budget and goals. the easiest i recommend is getting your car dropped lower a bit.

OPTION 1 - lowering springs
avg price - $60 - $300
lowered/stiffer springs will drop your car to a desired height (1inch, 1.5inch, 2inch, etc) and help you take corners more confidently, not to mention the sleeker look of a more sport oriented car.
*optional: replacing your factory shock absorbers with "sport" ones will allow your car to handle the lowering springs longer and double the effects of the lowering springs
**optional: lowering springs do come in varying spring rates that will determine the stiffness/softness of your ride when lowered.
brand new to the import scene  Hrracesprings

OPTION 2 - adjustable coilover sleeves
avg price - $80 - $500
basically lowering springs with the ability to adjust the height to your desire at any given time.
*optional: sport shocks also recommended because of the added stress of a lowered car.
brand new to the import scene  2910L

OPTION 3 - full coilovers
avg. price - $300-$2,000+
for the more serious or more "ballin" enthusiasts. full coilover systems are comprised of adjustable lowering springs and special shock absorbers designed to go with one another. a major advantage is the ability to adjust the dampening force of the shocks to make your car stiffer or softer.
brand new to the import scene  D2-coilover-3
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tommymonchivang
Seng
regular

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Thanks bro. If you want to drop your car for right now, I would prefer going with racelands, it's full coilovers for the price of most dropping springs. Take a look at them in racelands.com. Btw, I still have my H&R dropping spring, it'll gives your car about a 2 inch drop all around. Pm if you're interested Wink
Back to top Go down
http://art-issues.deviantart.com
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:56 pm

racelandus.com***
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:11 pm

there is some hit-and-miss information in this thread. if you are just looking to lower your car for looks, i'd suggest a progressive-rate spring. it's easy, cheap, and less hassle than any other method. your car will sit lower and ride almost as well as stock. you can do a straight-rate spring, just be prepared to deal with feeling every bump in the road. if you are looking at performance, then a straight-rate spring is a bit more predictable. judging by your choice in vehicles, it would seem you're not too worried about doing laps around a race track. Smile upgrading away from the stock struts/shocks would be advisable as they will last much longer. OEM parts don't like being lowered very much.
as for coilovers, they are good if you just absolutely have the need to scrape the bottom of your car over speed bumps and break the lip off your bumper each time you use a driveway. this is a great option for those who like to park on the street because they can't get into the parking lot. LOL. but you can get your car herra low and herra frush. when you do coilovers, the handling of your car can *possibly* be affected as your corner weights can be thrown off substantially. this could result in a car understeering, oversteering, or just generally handling crappy. plus, the ride is SUPER stiff. if you are putting the collars and springs on your stock struts/shocks, you can expect them to go bad very soon.
if you are baller status, you can get a nice, "real" set of coilovers. this is the best performance option (but still not comfortable around town) but will most likely run you $1,000+

i think we've covered pretty much everything. any ideas which direction you are going with the car?
Back to top Go down
jmaton89
noob
jmaton89

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 6:02 pm

Idk I kinda wanna go for looks and make it all jdm btw everybody calls me javi
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 8:05 pm

jmaton89 wrote:
Idk I kinda wanna go for looks and make it all jdm btw everybody calls me javi

good to meet ya, Javi. good luck with your project. i'm not too well versed with that body style civic.. is there a big difference between US and JDM models?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  Empty

Back to top Go down

brand new to the import scene
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next