Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need the communities help!

Go down 
+6
kaj
Dao
coach
94RSIntegra
GRBeaSTin
Mynes_3
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

Need the communities help! Empty
PostSubject: Need the communities help!   Need the communities help! EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 10:30 pm

Ok guys. Im planning on going to school to be ase certified and open up my own shop. Nothing crazy, just oil change, tire change, maybe smog and few other things. If all goes well ill perform swap and maybe custom works. Right now im a nurse aid but i think i cant be a nurse. Too much stressed and im pretty sure its more stressed then having a shop to run. Maybe im wrong but like i said. I need opinions. I dont want to go out then find out its not for me. So what you guys think? Please help!!
Back to top Go down
GRBeaSTin
regular
GRBeaSTin

PostSubject: Re: Need the communities help!   Need the communities help! EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:30 am

lol, if you're stressed out as a nurses aid, you're not ready to run your own business. Running your own business is nothing but stress.
Back to top Go down
94RSIntegra
veteran
94RSIntegra

PostSubject: Re: Need the communities help!   Need the communities help! EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:41 am

buy your self some lotto tickets, hopefully you'll win and the stress will go away.
Back to top Go down
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

PostSubject: Re: Need the communities help!   Need the communities help! EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 3:24 am

GRBeaSTin wrote:
lol, if you're stressed out as a nurses aid, you're not ready to run your own business. Running your own business is nothing but stress.

This is why i ask for opinions. Of course every job is full of stress but u gotta enjoy what your doing first tho right? I enjoy helping people but times are times. Just a thought to see if all is worth only.

94RSIntegra wrote:
buy your self some lotto tickets, hopefully you'll win and the stress will go away.

Wish i have extra money to blow on lottos lol
Back to top Go down
coach
Event Coordinator
coach

PostSubject: Re: Need the communities help!   Need the communities help! EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 4:15 am

yeah what are you going to do to if you have no customers? that means no money is coming in and no bills are being paid? Like the other guy said if your stressed out now then your no where ready to handle the stress of operating/owning a shop.
Back to top Go down
Dao
regular
Dao

PostSubject: Re: Need the communities help!   Need the communities help! EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 12:47 pm

How i see it is like this:

When the economy crashes, everyone stops spending. No more hobbies, no more wants.
Repairs are expensive, so they will drive til it dies.
Too many shops to compete with.

Most important thing people will spend money on when the economy crashes is HEALTH and FOOD.
Dental: toothaches, etc
Food: everyone gotta eat to survive amiright? lol

In my honest opinion, stick with what you have, and move up from there. You dont want to be in the automotive field when no one wants to drop money for repairs.
And when that happens, no work for you, then you cant pay your bills. yougetme?

That's my .02 cents.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/daovang/
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Need the communities help!   Need the communities help! EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:26 pm

i now a few people that own businesses right now. times are tough. as mentioned above: if you watching the nurses makes you think their job is stressful, then you won't like owning a business. you are constantly dealing with customers that think you didn't do a good job. their car breaks down and they blame the repair you just performed. the paranoids will think you sabotaged their car so they had to bring it back. there are state regulations to follow. licensing. visits by the BAR. taxes. city regulations and requirements. etc, etc. etc. it's not all sitting around and bbqing with tha homies.

believe me. we've all thought about it at one point. i still think it would be fun.

nursing is stressful. but at least you just do what the dr tells you. LOL. also, there will always be hospitals open. automotive shops tend to fail quite often.
Back to top Go down
eh_559
regular
eh_559

PostSubject: Re: Need the communities help!   Need the communities help! EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:42 pm

Best advice I have ever heard goes perfect in any situation including this one...

"when in doubt rub one out"
eh_559
Back to top Go down
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

PostSubject: Re: Need the communities help!   Need the communities help! EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 4:08 pm

What do u mean??^^^ lol
Back to top Go down
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

PostSubject: Re: Need the communities help!   Need the communities help! EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:14 pm

^^^ give it a minute, it'll sink in. Very Happy

but yea, i would agree with everyone that its probably not the best time right now for a career change. we all wanna follow our passions but we always gotta take reality into account. like Kaj said, its gonna be more work than its worth; at least your nursing job is secure right now. someone told me once that there should be more to your life than your job - if you dont find joy with your work, find it somewhere else in your life.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tommymonchivang
ONE4ONE
Marketplace Moderator
ONE4ONE

PostSubject: Re: Need the communities help!   Need the communities help! EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:21 pm

GRBeaSTin wrote:

x2....

94RSIntegra wrote:

lol.

eh_559 wrote:

"when in doubt rub one out"
eh_559

THIS IS PROBABLY YOUR BEST BET......Need the communities help! 364988687
Back to top Go down
Pavin
regular
Pavin

PostSubject: Re: Need the communities help!   Need the communities help! EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 3:31 am

Why not start by doing small jobs in your garage; see how you like it. Opening up a brick&mortar place is alot of commitment etc.

Not trying to dissuade you but start small..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need the communities help!   Need the communities help! Empty

Back to top Go down

Need the communities help!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Miscellaneous :: Off Topic-
Jump to: