Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Title registration

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

Title registration Empty
PostSubject: Title registration   Title registration EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:09 pm

Ok. I bougt my supra last year in feb and it died in may. Never got the chance to transfer title and pay fees because of shits and so forth. Well im going in tmrw to transfer title, pay tag and will smog it next week. What will i expect to pay? Any good excuse so i wont get to pay high late fees? The po put down as gift since he is considered a cousin lol. Any hint and good info will be deeply appreciated.
Back to top Go down
da9bigboi
regular

Title registration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Title registration   Title registration EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:33 pm

No good excuses at all. Just be prepared to pay the price lol...unless you know the person haha
Back to top Go down
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

Title registration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Title registration   Title registration EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:25 pm

As posted, DMV doesn't accept excuses. You're better off listing sale price as $500. Otherwise, you end up paying taxes on the "gift" which, I THINK is based on KBB. not sure, though.
Back to top Go down
SinglecamEJ8
Marketplace Moderator
SinglecamEJ8

Title registration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Title registration   Title registration EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 7:46 pm

you should have filed a planned non-op on the car...because i think what needs to happen now is all the back registration fees need to be paid before you are issued current tags and title can be transferred.
Back to top Go down
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

Title registration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Title registration   Title registration EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 8:57 pm

SinglecamEJ8 wrote:
you should have filed a planned non-op on the car...because i think what needs to happen now is all the back registration fees need to be paid before you are issued current tags and title can be transferred.

Correct. The car is old, so you MAY not be TOO broke by the time you're done.
Back to top Go down
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

Title registration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Title registration   Title registration EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:02 am

Tag were up to date and just expired last friday. Wasnt bad at all. Late fee and penalty plus transfer etc and permit to move car, came out to about 150. Thanks guys. Delete thread please mod
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Title registration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Title registration   Title registration Empty

Back to top Go down

Title registration
Page 1 of 1