Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support?

Go down 
+4
S13TypeXFan
SinglecamEJ8
kaj
MUACHi
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support? Empty
PostSubject: thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support?   thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 2:00 am

oh shiznit batman! the internet is in need of our help?!!!

well i think by now everyone should know whats going on with the net and these legislations, surprised we havent mentioned it yet. my question is: do you guys support or oppose these two bills? have you guys done anything to contribute yet?

i know not all of us can afford to monetarily contribute like big corporations, but at least a few signatures arent going to hurt. i do want to point out that im a strong opposer of these two, but yeah please share you opinions even if you support. i dont want a flame war, just opinions, so be nice everyone.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tommymonchivang
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support?   thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 2:24 am

i saw this posted:

downloading a Michael Jackson will get you fiver years. that's one year more than his murderer/doctor got.

it makes no sense to me. the gov't just LOVES cracking down on people. since we don't run our gov't (imagine that), we have no say.
Back to top Go down
SinglecamEJ8
Marketplace Moderator
SinglecamEJ8

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support?   thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:48 pm

its all in part to move towards a new world order.

the gov't already controls the news and most of the television we watch.... why not censor the information we get though the internet? YUCK.

im totally against it.

i have signed a couple petitions on the subject at hand.

mega corporations are complaining about loss in sales due to piracy and replicating of goods..... i think as long as someone is willing to get it for free or sell a replica at a fraction of the price......there will always be someone willing to buy it. it is what it is... I'm moving to meXICO.; lol
Back to top Go down
S13TypeXFan
regular
S13TypeXFan

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support?   thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 7:47 pm

Have a 2 TB External HD and d/ling everything I can before its too late.
Back to top Go down
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support?   thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:14 pm

NEWS. SOPA and PIPA hasnt even passed yet, and the US gov has already gone anal.

FYI
Back to top Go down
STI_Clint
Jesus
STI_Clint

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support?   thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:54 pm

http://mashable.com/2012/01/20/sopa-is-dead-smith-pulls-bill/

That's all folks!

Even though it's dead it looks like it's going to be brought back to life later.
Back to top Go down
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support?   thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 5:24 pm

STI_Clint wrote:
http://mashable.com/2012/01/20/sopa-is-dead-smith-pulls-bill/

That's all folks!

Even though it's dead it looks like it's going to be brought back to life later.

yep, just got the notice too. great for us all, but they'll be back..... they always do...... DUN DUN DUN unamused
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support?   thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 5:29 pm

That's what the govt does: let us vote or say our piece, then do as it pleases anyway. They will keep bringing it back until it passes.
Back to top Go down
Ramiro07
regular
Ramiro07

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support?   thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 3:37 am

Technically this site would go down for not owning rights to Honda logo/emblems Razz
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support?   thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 3:57 am

Ramiro07 wrote:
Technically this site would go down for not owning rights to Honda logo/emblems Razz

I don't see this site using any Honda emblems.....
Back to top Go down
Ramiro07
regular
Ramiro07

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support?   thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 4:02 am

kaj wrote:
Ramiro07 wrote:

I don't see this site using any Honda emblems.....

It was a joke sorta, and i mean more towards avatars/signatures. post in general lol
Back to top Go down
eh_559
regular
eh_559

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support?   thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support? EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 3:36 pm

Cool
Back to top Go down
SNATCHBACK
regular
SNATCHBACK

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support?   thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support? EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 4:18 am

eh_559 wrote:
Cool
thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support?   thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support? Empty

Back to top Go down

thoughts on SOPA and PIPA, Support?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Miscellaneous :: Electronics-
Jump to: