Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Integra axle

Go down 
+2
kaj
Mynes_3
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

Integra axle Empty
PostSubject: Integra axle   Integra axle EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 4:51 am

Ok guys, doing axle and clutch swap on my bros teg but somehow the axle on the pass side, where it insert into tranny. Its like stuck. I try prying and etc. cant get it out. Any tip? Also the flywheel too. How to get it out without air gun. Lol
Back to top Go down
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

Integra axle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Integra axle   Integra axle EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 5:03 am

It has a c-clip that holds it in. You need to put pressure on it with a pry bar, then smack the pry bar with a hammer. Constant pressure from prying may not be enough...it usually takes a quick, harder moment to un-snap it. Same goes for putting it in.
Be sure not to damage the seal. It doesn't take much to ruin it and it will leak like crazy.

As for the flywheel, the bolts are much like the axle: they need a shock to get them loose. They take a 12 point socket and the heads of the bolts are not very tall. You can try two of you with a breaker bar..but good luck not stripping the heads of the bolts. You will NOT be able drill them out, if you do. Impact gun is really the only good way to break them loose.

Good luck, either way!
Back to top Go down
Ej8Kid
Ej8Kid

Integra axle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Integra axle   Integra axle EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:29 am

kaj wrote:
They take a 12 point socket!

!!!!
Back to top Go down
92eg
noob
92eg

Integra axle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Integra axle   Integra axle EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:31 pm

One trick I use to get the flywheel bolts out is stick a L wrench or something round and similar inside one of the pressure plate bolt holes on the flywheel, (make sure whatever you stick in the pp bolt hole is just a tad smaller than the hole and a good strong material so it wont bent when you try to break the flywheel bolt loose), turn the flywheel counter clock wise until the L wrench stops underneath the aluminum block and stops the flywheel from turning, get your 12 point socket/ratchet and your breaker bar and pull or push as hard as you can. shit works everytime for me, and the threads on the pp bolt hole always never f's up so dont worry about it. good luck
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
Garrett

Integra axle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Integra axle   Integra axle EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:35 pm

Mynes_3 wrote:
Ok guys, doing axle and clutch swap on my bros teg but somehow the axle on the pass side, where it insert into tranny. Its like stuck. I try prying and etc. cant get it out. Any tip? Also the flywheel too. How to get it out without air gun. Lol

well you now have my number. if you ever need help with something honda related, just shoot me a text or give me a call and i can walk you through it. if that fails, ill just come over and help you.
Back to top Go down
SinglecamEJ8
Marketplace Moderator
SinglecamEJ8

Integra axle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Integra axle   Integra axle EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 5:34 pm

F-I helps!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

Integra axle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Integra axle   Integra axle EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 11:26 pm

Aite. Got it out. Took out motor and tranny then large flat head and hammer. Boom. Came out. Lol.

Also, went to help my cousin swap a b20 and the ls distributor wont sit flush in the b20. What happn there?
Back to top Go down
92eg
noob
92eg

Integra axle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Integra axle   Integra axle EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 2:49 pm

Mynes_3 wrote:
Aite. Got it out. Took out motor and tranny then large flat head and hammer. Boom. Came out. Lol.

Also, went to help my cousin swap a b20 and the ls distributor wont sit flush in the b20. What happn there?

could be incorrect alignment on the distributor key to camshaft slot, take it out spin the key a full 360 turn and re-align see if that works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Integra axle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Integra axle   Integra axle Empty

Back to top Go down

Integra axle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Car Related :: Technical Q&A-
Jump to: