Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thinking about going subaru too!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

Thinking about going subaru too!! Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about going subaru too!!   Thinking about going subaru too!! EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:03 pm

looking for a good fast nice beater? lol..need a newer car so i was looking at evo and wrx, sti. Evo are kinda wayyy over-priced and wrx are kinda in the price range i want. anyone here owns both or knows pros and cons?? wrx sti, fine for traveling all over the places? also, i kinda think twice about wrx because of the mis-firing things but how can that be fix? welps, whatever, educate me on wrx and evos...mainly wrx tho lol.
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going subaru too!!   Thinking about going subaru too!! EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:24 pm

evo any day
Back to top Go down
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going subaru too!!   Thinking about going subaru too!! EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:25 pm

^^^ explain y?
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going subaru too!!   Thinking about going subaru too!! EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:31 pm

Just so we're clear, you're talking about the regular WRX and not the STi right?
Back to top Go down
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going subaru too!!   Thinking about going subaru too!! EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:11 pm

Evo is in a class by itself. The Sti is close, but a different animal. That would be a matter of preference, depending on the type of driving you do.
The WRX is nowhere near the same league as the Evo. Also, the Evo is nowhere near over priced. It's just that good of a car.
I would trade my WRX and left nut to have my Evo back.
As for reasons, I could write a book. I'd make a list if I weren't posting from my phone.
My Subaru is a fine daily driver. But the Evo was a blast to drive. An extra 100hp will do that..
Back to top Go down
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going subaru too!!   Thinking about going subaru too!! EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:12 pm

actually both. planning all getting a sti but if not then wrx so thats y i need info on both.
Back to top Go down
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going subaru too!!   Thinking about going subaru too!! EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:15 pm

kaj wrote:
Evo is in a class by itself. The Sti is close, but a different animal. That would be a matter of preference, depending on the type of driving you do.
The WRX is nowhere near the same league as the Evo. Also, the Evo is nowhere near over priced. It's just that good of a car.
As for reasons, I could write a book. I'd make a list if I weren't posting from my phone.
My Subaru is a fine daily driver. But the Evo was a blast to drive. An extra 100hp will do that..

i know what u mean by not overpriced but somehow i cant find myself paying over 20k for a stock evo8. wouldnt mind if it was like 16g or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going subaru too!!   Thinking about going subaru too!! EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:20 pm

kaj wrote:

I would say the STi is better than an Evo8 but the 9 is just a whole different story.
Back to top Go down
S13TypeXFan
regular
S13TypeXFan

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going subaru too!!   Thinking about going subaru too!! EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:27 pm

Get a Evo bro, dont ask why, just do it.
Back to top Go down
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going subaru too!!   Thinking about going subaru too!! EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:06 pm

Guess ill learn all i can about both cars then test drive each and then decide. Truth is, if the evo x wasnt soo much ill get that. Lol
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going subaru too!!   Thinking about going subaru too!! EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:34 pm

Quote :

i know what u mean by not overpriced but somehow i cant find myself paying over 20k for a stock evo8. wouldnt mind if it was like 16g or whatever.

Where are you looking? Most are in the $15-20k range, unless you want a low-mileage, IX MR/SE. You did say you wanted a beater?

Rickdaddy wrote:

I would say the STi is better than an Evo8 but the 9 is just a whole different story.

Depends on your goals and intentions. I'd still enjoy an VIII more.
Just preference, though.

Mynes_3 wrote:
Guess ill learn all i can about both cars then test drive each and then decide. Truth is, if the evo x wasnt soo much ill get that. Lol

I see peeps trading Xs for IXs. No lie.

Basically, if you feel safe in a car that has some understeer, you want an Sti. It also had a larger engine, so more power/torque, stock. That's fun for daily driving, stop light to stop light, etc.
The Evo is fun at 110%. WAY fun. If you're into driving that way. Which I am. Lol.

For as beater, I vote wrx. No sense in paying for the over kill.
Back to top Go down
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going subaru too!!   Thinking about going subaru too!! EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 2:56 am

Craigslist and autotrader. Little too much. Lol. Ill keep looking
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going subaru too!!   Thinking about going subaru too!! EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 9:48 pm

i guess things have changed. other than a fully-built version.. i don't think i've seen an Evo VIII in the $20+range in YEARS. i did a quick search and found about 20 Evos within 300 miles that were less than $20k. and that's ASKING price, not final sale price. $18,996 from a dealer down to $15,999 also from a dealer. private party will be a bit less. either way, still about $6-8k more than a WRX (for good reason) and about the same as you will find an Sti. you gotta pay to play, brotha. this isn't Honda land any more. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about going subaru too!!   Thinking about going subaru too!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking about going subaru too!!
Page 1 of 1