Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

local shop subaru swap

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

local shop subaru swap Empty
PostSubject: local shop subaru swap   local shop subaru swap EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 3:48 am

hey guys, i was thinking about doing either a JDM EJ20 turbo or USDM WRX EJ20 turbo swap, but was wondering if theres any local shops that has experience in doing so? i've met a lot of mechanics who claim that its easy but none of them has actually ever done it. thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tommymonchivang
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: local shop subaru swap   local shop subaru swap EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 4:55 am

It's going to cost you $$$$ since it's a pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
Subadubaru
regular
Subadubaru

PostSubject: Re: local shop subaru swap   local shop subaru swap EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 10:37 am

Rickdaddy wrote:
It's going to cost you $$$$ since it's a pain in the ass.

^agreed... Speak with Blkwagn and he can give you some perspective as to how its going to work... he is very experienced!
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: local shop subaru swap   local shop subaru swap EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 10:53 am

There's another guy in Fresno who recently done an EJ20G into his 93 wagon. Dude did his own wiring and everything.

If you're on rs25.com, he's the moderator named Mikey B. Maybe he can guide you.
Back to top Go down
Subadubaru
regular
Subadubaru

PostSubject: Re: local shop subaru swap   local shop subaru swap EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 11:15 am

Rickdaddy wrote:
There's another guy in Fresno who recently done an EJ20G into his 93 wagon. Dude did his own wiring and everything.

If you're on rs25.com, he's the moderator named Mikey B. Maybe he can guide you.

yup Mikey is very talented!!!
Back to top Go down
illest
regular
illest

PostSubject: Re: local shop subaru swap   local shop subaru swap EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 1:47 pm

MUACHi wrote:
hey guys, i was thinking about doing either a JDM EJ20 turbo or USDM WRX EJ20 turbo swap, but was wondering if theres any local shops that has experience in doing so? i've met a lot of mechanics who claim that its easy but none of them has actually ever done it. thoughts?

I would drive to NorCal or SoCal to someone hella specialized in Subaru's to have it swapped. That's just me.
Back to top Go down
Subadubaru
regular
Subadubaru

PostSubject: Re: local shop subaru swap   local shop subaru swap EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 4:00 pm

Norcal: GST Motorsports, LIC motorsports, EQtuning, DBtuned,
Personal norcal: wrexperformance might be able too... not 100% sure.

there are many other options these are just a few that have been the biggest help to me and the fellow subaru owners i know!
Back to top Go down
blkwagon
noob
blkwagon

PostSubject: Re: local shop subaru swap   local shop subaru swap EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 6:12 pm

i specialize in subarus...but at the moment have 2 engines to build and busy. you can do the swap your self and send the harness to garage tuning or east coast swappers to get them merged. i have a complete obd-2 2006 wrx swap for sale. but if you want it carb legal you will need all obd2 related parts.
Back to top Go down
Subadubaru
regular
Subadubaru

PostSubject: Re: local shop subaru swap   local shop subaru swap EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 2:38 am

^good guy!
Back to top Go down
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

PostSubject: Re: local shop subaru swap   local shop subaru swap EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 6:12 pm

blkwagon wrote:
i specialize in subarus...but at the moment have 2 engines to build and busy. you can do the swap your self and send the harness to garage tuning or east coast swappers to get them merged. i have a complete obd-2 2006 wrx swap for sale. but if you want it carb legal you will need all obd2 related parts.

yea thnx a lot on the info. motor swapping i can do myself. im just worried about the wiring.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tommymonchivang
Subadubaru
regular
Subadubaru

PostSubject: Re: local shop subaru swap   local shop subaru swap EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:44 pm

yeah wiring always scares me!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: local shop subaru swap   local shop subaru swap Empty

Back to top Go down

local shop subaru swap
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Car Related :: Car Discussion-
Jump to: