Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL

Go down 
+33
Pavin
Nougie
S13TypeXFan
mk2mike
coach
turboed98itr
Rossfashow
b2ov
SinglecamEJ8
Mynes_3
Subadubaru
dSkDc4
ZoomZoom
2159ClassicRed
blkwagon
kaj
2muchboost
pig_pit
Garrett
toymachine
Ej8Kid
L
GRBeaSTin
BLkDc2
94db8
ONE4ONE
94RSIntegra
MrJDM
Rickdaddy
adrian
MoMoHitsTheSpot
STI_Clint
illest
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
illest
regular
illest

REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL Empty
PostSubject: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 12:55 am

"Real" as in lightweight, forged, top dollar wheels and "fake" as in replica wheels such as VarrsToen, Rota, Drag, XXR etc.

I don't hate on real or fake wheels at all since I've owned wheels in both categories but there are always some people that hate on fake wheels cause they say they're cheap and will break easy and all that non sense. Just wanted to hear what people in the Central Valley think about this never ending epic online topic.

Back to top Go down
STI_Clint
Jesus
STI_Clint

PostSubject: Re: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 1:52 am

I could write a book on how much I dislike fake wheels or fake parts. Forget about the structural integrity of the knock off wheels. I would never own a set of Fake wheels based on the fact of how inferior they look compared to the real deal wheel. The finish, presence, timelessness, ingenuity and the big one QUALITY could never be matched and respected IMO. Fake parts are one of the reasons why the legitimate aftermarket parts businesses are drying up. So many companies spend so much money on Research/Engineering and producing such an awesome product only for the idea to be STOLEN from you in a months time. The Developing Company loses out big time and the chumps reap the rewards. I don't see how that is possibly fair. Everyone loses. Parts get discontinued, JDM companies stop developing awesome parts and we get left out in the cold with garbage.

On another note I don't see the reason to buy fake wheels. They are pretty damn expensive. A set of fake wheels are just a hop and a skip away from owning a legitimate set of wheels and that part I don't understand.

Another contributing factor to the fake wheel frenzy is the "Hellaflush, Aggressive fitment, Stanced" and what ever else they call it these days crowd IMO. This market of people usually consists of a much younger crowd and they only want to achieve the look and "stance" so they generally don't care what wheels they have as long as it looks "stanced" and is evidently Cheap. This part I really don't understand. A community so dead set on how particular their wheels fit, looks and sits you would think the main focus would be the quality of the wheel. Since that is what your main center piece is. To go through all that work of doing fender work and adjusting suspension and getting the tires to stretch just right; only for your whole set up to be debunked because you cheaped out on the one thing that mattered and that was the wheels.

A few of my friends own fake wheels which is no big deal to me. I flame them just a little every now and then lol. All in all it's all about your ride and the passion. When I see fake parts on a car I assume the owner was either too impatient to save up for the real deal, Part was discontinued or they don't really care. Most of the time it seems to be the last one. The worst for me are the people who attempt to pass their fake wheels as the real deal with their goofy looking wheel decals trying to fool people lol. This is just plain silly and very pitiful in my eye. These are the group of people that should just burn in the flames of Morridor (Lol Lord of the rings reference.)

These are just my opinions, experiences and views. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." To me knock off lack taste and originality but to others it might look awesome and there's nothing wrong with that.

I love discussing this topic lol. It's interesting and it is a great debate amongst enthusiast. Lets keep it civil gentlemen.

cat
Back to top Go down
illest
regular
illest

PostSubject: Re: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 2:34 am

STI_Clint wrote:
The worst for me are the people who attempt to pass their fake wheels as the real deal with their goofy looking wheel decals trying to fool people lol. This is just plain silly and very pitiful in my eye.

I agree. My buddy recently got some Rota Grids and when I finally got the chance to take a close up look on it, he already threw some Rays engineering and Volks stickers on them. My heart sank at that moment being a Rota Grid owner myself lol. Of course I didn't tell him how I felt cause I'm not that close to him but my inner-self is telling me to tell him to take off the stickers. Hopefully he isn't a member on here :silent:
Back to top Go down
illest
regular
illest

PostSubject: Re: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 2:38 am

STI_Clint wrote:

Another contributing factor to the fake wheel frenzy is the "Hellaflush, Aggressive fitment, Stanced" and what ever else they call it these days crowd IMO. This market of people usually consists of a much younger crowd and they only want to achieve the look and "stance" so they generally don't care what wheels they have as long as it looks "stanced". To go through all that work of doing fender work and adjusting suspension and getting the tires to stretch just right

Damn. That totally describes me. I shall never let you see my car Clint! haha.
Back to top Go down
STI_Clint
Jesus
STI_Clint

PostSubject: Re: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 2:56 am

illest wrote:
STI_Clint wrote:
The worst for me are the people who attempt to pass their fake wheels as the real deal with their goofy looking wheel decals trying to fool people lol. This is just plain silly and very pitiful in my eye.

I agree. My buddy recently got some Rota Grids and when I finally got the chance to take a close up look on it, he already threw some Rays engineering and Volks stickers on them. My heart sank at that moment being a Rota Grid owner myself lol. Of course I didn't tell him how I felt cause I'm not that close to him but my inner-self is telling me to tell him to take off the stickers. Hopefully he isn't a member on here :silent:

Damn that's messed up lol. Well some times it's best to let people know that they are blowin it. Maybe he see's no harm in it when in reality we'll all be laughing at him lol. I mean if knock off is what you have then let them be but playing them off as something they're not is just incorrect.

illest wrote:
STI_Clint wrote:

Another contributing factor to the fake wheel frenzy is the "Hellaflush, Aggressive fitment, Stanced" and what ever else they call it these days crowd IMO. This market of people usually consists of a much younger crowd and they only want to achieve the look and "stance" so they generally don't care what wheels they have as long as it looks "stanced". To go through all that work of doing fender work and adjusting suspension and getting the tires to stretch just right

HAHAHA! ! ! Don't trip man it's no big deal to me it's just how I feel about them. What wheels are you rolling on? I still haven't seen your ride around town Very Happy From the pics I've seen the stance looks spot on!
Back to top Go down
MoMoHitsTheSpot
regular
MoMoHitsTheSpot

PostSubject: Re: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 2:54 pm

clint pretty much hit the nail on the head, and i agree with every aspect of his post.
Back to top Go down
http://momohitsthespot.com
illest
regular
illest

PostSubject: Re: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 3:20 pm

illest wrote:
STI_Clint wrote:

HAHAHA! ! ! Don't trip man it's no big deal to me it's just how I feel about them. What wheels are you rolling on? I still haven't seen your ride around town Very Happy From the pics I've seen the stance looks spot on! [/quote]

XXR 521.

Back to top Go down
adrian
regular
adrian

PostSubject: Re: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 4:23 pm

i have a set of rotas and some "real" ssr type c's and ssr typ x's i like them all i would be rotas again for the right price i dont understand when people try to sell rotas and drags for 700 or even 800 but either way i have no problem with rep wheels its not my car or money
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 6:58 pm

Don't fake the funk.
Back to top Go down
MrJDM
noob

PostSubject: Re: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 12:30 am

adrian wrote:
i have a set of rotas and some "real" ssr type c's and ssr typ x's i like them all i would be rotas again for the right price i dont understand when people try to sell rotas and drags for 700 or even 800 but either way i have no problem with rep wheels its not my car or money
People are crazy if they think they sell rota, drag, sportmaxx for that price. Dont they know, fake rims dont hold value. And what is up with people and their Enkei rims, just cause they are made by Enkei doesnt mean its JDM and gonna cost a grip.
Back to top Go down
illest
regular
illest

PostSubject: Re: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 6:10 am

MrJDM wrote:

People are crazy if they think they sell rota, drag, sportmaxx for that price. Dont they know, fake rims dont hold value.

Actually I think Slipstreams and GT3s hold a pretty good equilibrium price in the market due to high demand.
Back to top Go down
94RSIntegra
veteran
94RSIntegra

PostSubject: Re: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 9:32 am

my excuse for using fake rims is that I'm never taking my car to the track and there for I don't have to worry about it breaking on me.
but of course I finally settle to real rims, a set of CCW which cost $4,000, painful to swallow but you get what you pay for.
Back to top Go down
ONE4ONE
Marketplace Moderator
ONE4ONE

PostSubject: Re: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 11:13 am

I ❤ ALL WHEELS..... :lol!:
Back to top Go down
94db8
regular
94db8

PostSubject: Re: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 12:27 pm

Anyone selling rotas or drags let me know must be 5x114 got Jdm hellah cash to blow!!!

:lol!: :farao: Jk
Back to top Go down
94db8
regular
94db8

PostSubject: Re: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 12:29 pm

MrJDM wrote:
adrian wrote:
People are crazy if they think they sell rota, drag, sportmaxx for that price. Dont they know, fake rims dont hold value. And what is up with people and their Enkei rims, just cause they are made by Enkei doesnt mean its JDM and gonna cost a grip.
My Enkei wheels are made in japan and they are Jdm !
Back to top Go down
BLkDc2
noob

PostSubject: Re: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 7:36 pm

lol if u really want your car to look nice ( jdmsih) whatever u wanna call it, take you time and buy some quality wheels, IMO i think some people want there sh*t done like right now, fake wheels are cheap but damn add another 500 bucks and u get some reall sh*t, or look for some good deals.
everywhere i go in fresno i see fake wheels on civics and integras
i myself own some VOLK Racing TE-37
Back to top Go down
GRBeaSTin
regular
GRBeaSTin

PostSubject: Re: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 7:57 pm

The whole point of doing work to your car is to make it stand out from everyone else. Originality comes from the heart and soul of the owner so when someone starts making their car look like another *cough* tow hooks, bike racks, fake wheels *cough* it kills the scene because it becomes played out. When this happens innovation gets left behind and we're stuck with seeing the same shit for years on end. You have to do something to set yourself apart from everyone on the bandwagon, and the only way to do that is to start buying legit shit or start a new trend.
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 8:22 pm

There was a saying Marco (momohitsthespot) mentioned years ago. Something along the lines of A car enthusiast build cars that express who they are. So, build one of quality.

Since then I didn't want to build a junky car with junky parts.
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 8:28 pm

One thing I also despise is people owning fake bride seats (frides) and trying to play it off as the real deal. FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Back to top Go down
GRBeaSTin
regular
GRBeaSTin

PostSubject: Re: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 8:45 pm

Rickdaddy wrote:
One thing I also despise is people owning fake bride seats (frides) and trying to play it off as the real deal. FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Get a set of Recaro ASM's you would be hella boss!
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 8:57 pm

Also, another thing I find to be annoying is that Rota owners are usually looking down on other knock off brands such as Drag and XXR. It's ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
L
regular
L

PostSubject: Re: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 9:11 pm

lol rotas are just as fake as drags and xxr
Back to top Go down
http://fresno-imports.roflforum.net
GRBeaSTin
regular
GRBeaSTin

PostSubject: Re: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 11:12 pm

Rickdaddy wrote:
Also, another thing I find to be annoying is that Rota owners are usually looking down on other knock off brands such as Drag and XXR. It's ridiculous.

You can't be serious.........
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 11:29 pm

GRBeaSTin wrote:
Rickdaddy wrote:

You can't be serious.........

Haha there was a thread on FSR:C when one guy was trying to sell his Rotas. It was something along the lines of, "this ain't no fake drags".
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 12:05 am

REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL Initial-d-334139
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL   REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL Empty

Back to top Go down

REAL TALK: REAL VS FAKE WHEELS! JUST GOT EVEN MORE REAL
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next