Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work

Go down 
+5
Rickdaddy
illest
SinglecamEJ8
Garrett
djacksonDC4
9 posters
AuthorMessage
djacksonDC4
noob
djacksonDC4

quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work Empty
PostSubject: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:35 pm

i currently want both of these thing and the cost about the same from doing all my research of where im gonna buy everything so i was just wondering want you guys think is more "important" or better to have but the suspension work i wanna get new passwordJDM front and back tow hooks, some lcas iono what brand yet and beaks lower tie bar oh and some new lugnuts for when i go to shows and shit like that
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work EmptySun May 01, 2011 2:09 pm

the quick release/hub lock is legit for anti-theft.
Back to top Go down
djacksonDC4
noob
djacksonDC4

PostSubject: Re: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work EmptySun May 01, 2011 3:11 pm

Yea I do like that but Iono its just hard o decide lol but ill prolly do the quick release then the suspension
Back to top Go down
SinglecamEJ8
Marketplace Moderator
SinglecamEJ8

PostSubject: Re: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work EmptySun May 01, 2011 3:33 pm

if you plan on doing track events or autocross this summer....then I say suspension modification would be better.

but if it is a daily driven vehicle then the QR setup would be a nice addition to deter theft.
Back to top Go down
illest
regular
illest

PostSubject: Re: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work EmptySun May 01, 2011 3:34 pm

Quick release!
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work EmptySun May 01, 2011 7:48 pm

Just a FYI:

Thieves can easily jack your car even if you have a QR. For example, if you have an NRG QR, the thieves can use their steering wheel with their NRG QR and it'll plug up directly to yours.

Also, the first upgrade I'd look into would be the ITR rear swaybar. Biggest different you'll ever notice if you plan on taking your car to the twisties or autox.
Back to top Go down
djacksonDC4
noob
djacksonDC4

PostSubject: Re: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work EmptySun May 01, 2011 8:18 pm

Thanks for all the replies guys ill prolly just stock to the qr setup cause my poor ls isn't ready for no track until I fully build my Lsv
Back to top Go down
L
regular
L

PostSubject: Re: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:31 pm

Garrett wrote:
the quick release/hub lock is legit for anti-theft.

Rickdaddy wrote:
Just a FYI:

Thieves can easily jack your car even if you have a QR. For example, if you have an NRG QR, the thieves can use their steering wheel with their NRG QR and it'll plug up directly to yours.

Also, the first upgrade I'd look into would be the ITR rear swaybar. Biggest different you'll ever notice if you plan on taking your car to the twisties or autox.

Exactly what he said^^^^^^^^^^^^ i remember reading up tabout it
Back to top Go down
http://fresno-imports.roflforum.net
djacksonDC4
noob
djacksonDC4

PostSubject: Re: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:23 pm

Yea but still I think I would rather get the qr with the lock because my car isn't going to the track prolly for another year or so so suspension and stuff like that isn't that important to me yet
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:33 pm

djacksonDC4 wrote:
Yea but still I think I would rather get the qr with the lock because my car isn't going to the track prolly for another year or so so suspension and stuff like that isn't that important to me yet

What parts are you planning on getting in terms of suspension stuff?
Back to top Go down
GRBeaSTin
regular
GRBeaSTin

PostSubject: Re: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:42 am

Since when did tow hooks become a suspension mod? And lets get real you're not going to track the car so what's the point of having a tow hook?
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:55 am

GRBeaSTin wrote:
Since when did tow hooks become a suspension mod? And lets get real you're not going to track the car so what's the point of having a tow hook?

well he said for shows, so obviously its just a style thing.
Back to top Go down
GRBeaSTin
regular
GRBeaSTin

PostSubject: Re: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:44 am

Garrett wrote:
GRBeaSTin wrote:

Regardless of what the tow hook is used for, how is it even in the category of suspension?!?
Back to top Go down
djacksonDC4
noob
djacksonDC4

PostSubject: Re: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:47 am

Rickdaddy wrote:
djacksonDC4 wrote:

What parts are you planning on getting in terms of suspension stuff?

lcas sway bars just little shit lol
Back to top Go down
djacksonDC4
noob
djacksonDC4

PostSubject: Re: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:49 am

GRBeaSTin wrote:
Garrett wrote:
GRBeaSTin wrote:

Regardless of what the tow hook is used for, how is it even in the category of suspension?!?

i didnt mean that as a suspension mod its just i was buying that with my suspension set up and it was all together the same price as the qr setup and yes my tow hooks are for looks but i wanna track it after i fully build my ls-v
Back to top Go down
illest
regular
illest

PostSubject: Re: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:49 am

Rickdaddy wrote:
Just a FYI:

But that's one more thing that the thief will need to have in order to jack your car. And plus, the OP also stated he was gonna get the lock for it so no thief would be able to just plug in their NRG quick release.
Back to top Go down
STI_Clint
Jesus
STI_Clint

PostSubject: Re: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:53 am

Tow hook is a very distasteful mod IMO. I'd use the money on a mod with more significance. If you really wanna feel like your getting your moneys worth on a suspension piece I would look into sway bars, sticky tires, a solid alignment and numerous bushings. Those simple mods will provide a much better and more enjoyable driving experience then a useless tow hook and a Beaks bar. If looks was your true intention of picking those items out then I would look into something else as well. Cheap DIY mods, Tow hooks, bike racks, Beaks bars, lug nuts etc. won't snap necks they'll just make you look like 90% of what's already on the streets. This is my opinion and to each there own but like I stated if you want a fun cost efficient set up then I would look into something else.

On the other hand Steering wheel and Quick release set up would be cool. cat
Back to top Go down
djacksonDC4
noob
djacksonDC4

PostSubject: Re: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:59 am

STI_Clint wrote:
Tow hook is a very distasteful mod IMO. I'd use the money on a mod with more significance. If you really wanna feel like your getting your moneys worth on a suspension piece I would look into sway bars, sticky tires, a solid alignment and numerous bushings. Those simple mods will provide a much better and more enjoyable driving experience then a useless tow hook and a Beaks bar. If looks was your true intention of picking those items out then I would look into something else as well. Cheap DIY mods, Tow hooks, bike racks, Beaks bars, lug nuts etc. won't snap necks they'll just make you look like 90% of what's already on the streets. This is my opinion and to each there own but like I stated if you want a fun cost efficient set up then I would look into something else.

On the other hand Steering wheel and Quick release set up would be cool. cat

yea im most likely going with the qr and the lock ima worry about everrything else after i build my lsv
Back to top Go down
L
regular
L

PostSubject: Re: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work EmptyMon May 02, 2011 6:47 am

Good luck with your build!

and don't forget, it's YOUR build. Do what makes you happy Smile
Back to top Go down
http://fresno-imports.roflforum.net
GRBeaSTin
regular
GRBeaSTin

PostSubject: Re: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:30 pm

djacksonDC4 wrote:
GRBeaSTin wrote:
Garrett wrote:
GRBeaSTin wrote:

i didnt mean that as a suspension mod its just i was buying that with my suspension set up and it was all together the same price as the qr setup and yes my tow hooks are for looks but i wanna track it after i fully build my ls-v

That makes sense now. If you're going to track it, swaybars and bushings and some good coilovers are all you really need for an integra. Bushings make a night and day difference, but you will suffer from NVH, but if it's not a daily driven car, NVH won't matter much anyway. Trailing arms will help you adjust caster so turn in will be improved significantly. Bushings and sway bars would be the first thing I would do.
Back to top Go down
H4EJ20
noob
H4EJ20

PostSubject: Re: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:59 pm

+1 on bushings and sway bars.
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:24 pm

It'll be like adding lube to a slip and slide!

My suggestions:
ITR rear swaybar with subframe
Bushings
Sticky tires
Coilovers (not cheap Function and Forms, Megans, D2, or anything made in China/Taiwan)

Once you have those then your Integra will be very fun to drive.
Back to top Go down
djacksonDC4
noob
djacksonDC4

PostSubject: Re: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:09 pm

yea thanks for all the imput guys its just a slow process prolly go qr for now then install my b16 head and then start with the internals
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:18 pm

djacksonDC4 wrote:
yea thanks for all the imput guys its just a slow process prolly go qr for now then install my b16 head and then start with the internals

Don't forget to swap out the Ls pistons and tranny!
Back to top Go down
djacksonDC4
noob
djacksonDC4

PostSubject: Re: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:18 pm

Rickdaddy wrote:
djacksonDC4 wrote:

Don't forget to swap out the Ls pistons and tranny!

yea i no lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work   quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work Empty

Back to top Go down

quick release setup with lock or subframe suspension work
Page 1 of 1