Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

brand new to the import scene

Go down 
+11
esactivesk8r
coach
Garrett
leemo559
ONE4ONE
PANDA_KID
SinglecamEJ8
kaj
pig_pit
SNATCHBACK
jmaton89
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 10:00 pm

jmaton89 wrote:
Idk I kinda wanna go for looks and make it all jdm btw everybody calls me javi

lol well in that case its easy, just go and buy as much stuff from IDT Customs that you can and slap it all on. troll JK
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tommymonchivang
Seng
regular

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 10:14 pm

kaj wrote:
jmaton89 wrote:
Idk I kinda wanna go for looks and make it all jdm btw everybody calls me javi

good to meet ya, Javi. good luck with your project. i'm not too well versed with that body style civic.. is there a big difference between US and JDM models?
IIRC I don't think Japan had manufacture any EM2s lol...so there really is no jdm em2 Very Happy lol
Back to top Go down
http://art-issues.deviantart.com
jmaton89
noob
jmaton89

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 2:45 pm

Thanks for the help everybody but I ran into a problem. On my way to work the car ran smooth I stopped at a light and the oil light flickered, idle below 1k then when I took off 1,2 gear were fine when I hit 3rd it lagged a lil bit. Shocked Any ideas or help how to fix
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 2:55 pm

check oil level. how long since your last oil change?
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 4:13 pm

oil light may have come on due to low idle. that could trip your warning light. Your car should always idle below 1000 rpm, though.
Not sure what would cause "lagg" but shouldn't be oil related.

If the oil light comes on during normal operation, it's usually too late.

Hard to diagnose with so little info.
Back to top Go down
jmaton89
noob
jmaton89

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 2:10 am

ok so im thinking it was jus low on oil, everything back to normal. so where are some good shops to get mirors/ lips/ hid kits and other parts?
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 2:17 am

IDT is local. check them out in the vendor section. or you can go to the auto parts section on craigslist and type civic. a bunch of local shops post on there constantly.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 3:24 am

jmaton89 wrote:
ok so im thinking it was jus low on oil

that is seriously scary. i hope your engine is okay. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
jmaton89
noob
jmaton89

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 10:02 am

cool thanks imma check them out
Back to top Go down
Seng
regular

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 1:11 pm

I have a lot of my em2 parts laying around...such as lip, hood bras, side skirt, full cat back exhaust, cluster, camber kit. Dropping springs. Extra pair of shocks, and more stuff, can't think right now..lol hit me up and I'll hook it up for a FI buddy.. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://art-issues.deviantart.com
jmaton89
noob
jmaton89

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 6:50 pm

Help the stud on the front driver side r stripped. Took the rotor off unscrewed the hub but cant take the part where the studs r off. How do I take it off? I need to fix it today
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:41 pm

jmaton89 wrote:
Help the stud on the front driver side r stripped. Took the rotor off unscrewed the hub but cant take the part where the studs r off. How do I take it off? I need to fix it today

the large nut in the middle? all that does is let you pull the axle out from the back. the hub assembly doesn't come out without a press. it's pressed into the bearings, which are pressed into the knuckle.
Back to top Go down
jmaton89
noob
jmaton89

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 11:08 pm

Ok so I have to take the nuckle off and take a shop
Back to top Go down
jmaton89
noob
jmaton89

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 11:18 pm

The large bolt in the middle cones off but I can't pull the part where the studs are pressed in
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 11:27 pm

jmaton89 wrote:
The large bolt in the middle cones off but I can't pull the part where the studs are pressed in

It doesn't come off without a bearing press.
Back to top Go down
jmaton89
noob
jmaton89

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 1:11 am

damn i gotta figure out how to take the whole arm off then to get it done. i need to get it fixed tomorrow for work. wheres a good place to get it done?
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:27 pm

jmaton89 wrote:
damn i gotta figure out how to take the whole arm off then to get it done. i need to get it fixed tomorrow for work. wheres a good place to get it done?

you gotta take the arm off yourself, but ron's machine shop will press it out and press in the new studs for you. they are down on belmont and cedar.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:30 pm

jmaton89 wrote:

remove the cotter pin and castle nut from where the knuckle mounts to the upper a-arm. then do the same at the bottom, where the knuckle's ball joint goes into the lower control arm. lastly, you will need to remove the tie rod. do your best to make sure the tie rod doesn't turn. it shouldn't, as it has a locking nut on it.

don't forget to take your new studs so they can be pressed in!

good luck, yo.
Back to top Go down
jmaton89
noob
jmaton89

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 11:16 pm

thanks bro i got it done, now good as new. i wanna put some hids but dnt kno wheres a good place to get them and what color to get
Back to top Go down
MUACHi
veteran
MUACHi

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 3:10 am

ebay is always a good place. for sure theres no shortage of hid kits in the world Razz shouldnt be more than $150 for a slim kit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tommymonchivang
esactivesk8r
regular
esactivesk8r

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:51 am

I have a brand new Hid kit with slim ballasts. Pm me if iinterested.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 12:48 pm

i'll give you $5 to NOT get HIDs. Smile
Back to top Go down
jmaton89
noob
jmaton89

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 1:11 am

So I Dnt kno if its already been covered but does the site have a window sticker? If so where can I get 1
Back to top Go down
react9
noob
react9

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:24 am

jmaton89 wrote:
So I Dnt kno if its already been covered but does the site have a window sticker? If so where can I get 1

@the meets you can buy em
Back to top Go down
SNATCHBACK
regular
SNATCHBACK

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 10:10 pm

kaj wrote:
i'll give you $5 to NOT get HIDs. Smile
thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: brand new to the import scene    brand new to the import scene  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

brand new to the import scene
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next