Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP

Go down 
+4
Dao
Mynes_3
mk3supra
fatal impact
8 posters
AuthorMessage
fatal impact
noob

car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP  Empty
PostSubject: car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP    car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP  EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:38 am

i just install a skunk 2 intake manifold on my 2001 gsr now its over heating and i cant figure out the problem i been reading online and i read something about blocking off on the coolant line or something like that but i need help
Back to top Go down
mk3supra
noob
mk3supra

PostSubject: Re: car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP    car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP  EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:53 am

did you let some coolant out when you put the new manny on if so you had to fill up the radiator and top it off. If it is like any other Honda motor you need to bleed the coolant valve to get the bubbles out of the coolant that might be overheating your car. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
fatal impact
noob

PostSubject: Re: car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP    car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP  EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 2:21 am

mk3supra wrote:
did you let some coolant out when you put the new manny on if so you had to fill up the radiator and top it off. If it is like any other Honda motor you need to bleed the coolant valve to get the bubbles out of the coolant that might be overheating your car. Just a thought.

yes i did put coolant back in it and on the newer gsr they dont have a bleeding valve on them correct me if im wrong but i was told i can bleed it by leaving the cap off and just filling it with coolant but still overheating i dont know im pretty skunk cant figure out what is wrong with it
Back to top Go down
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

PostSubject: Re: car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP    car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP  EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:43 am

U mite have a coolant line u forgot to connect?
Back to top Go down
Dao
regular
Dao

PostSubject: Re: car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP    car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP  EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 11:05 am

I am sure that with a skunk2 intake manifold, it deletes the FITV and IACV right?
Its one or the other.
Just make sure you loop the lines.
And it is possible you have to get the car tuned to run properly because the ECU may be looking for those parts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/daovang/
ssbpteg
regular
ssbpteg

PostSubject: Re: car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP    car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP  EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:33 pm

when i did mine i remeber the obd2 gsr you have to cap off a collant line on the manifold.
Back to top Go down
Rickdaddy
Admin
Rickdaddy

PostSubject: Re: car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP    car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP  EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:52 pm

Dao wrote:
I am sure that with a skunk2 intake manifold, it deletes the FITV and IACV right?
Its one or the other.
Just make sure you loop the lines.
And it is possible you have to get the car tuned to run properly because the ECU may be looking for those parts.

no, you still retain the iacv and fitv.
Back to top Go down
fatal impact
noob

PostSubject: Re: car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP    car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP  EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:12 pm

okay i been reading somewhere i think i might install it wrong or something im not quite sure but do you have to use the t fitting to install because i i read some forum and they talk about using the t fitting but i just bought longer hose to connect it i follow this write up to install the manifold http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/howto/sk2manifold/ and here another write up that talks about the t fitting which i know obd2 has to use which is mine but i didnt use it http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/f66/skunk2-intake-manifold-59805/
Back to top Go down
Damnits_dc2
noob

PostSubject: Re: car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP    car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP  EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 1:25 am

My first thought would be that you might've connected the coolant hoses wrong. Make sure that the coolant runs from the block to the head. Also check to make sure that the coolant is actually circulating and the thermostat is opening up. You can do so by letting the car reach operating temp and see if there is pressure in BOTH the bottom and upper radiator hose.

Last but not least, make sure your fan is properly working!

A quick google search or Honda-tech.com search should yield some answers also!

If all else fails, ASP2 FTW:)
Back to top Go down
fatal impact
noob

PostSubject: Re: car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP    car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP  EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 4:51 pm

Damnits_dc2 wrote:
My first thought would be that you might've connected the coolant hoses wrong. Make sure that the coolant runs from the block to the head. Also check to make sure that the coolant is actually circulating and the thermostat is opening up. You can do so by letting the car reach operating temp and see if there is pressure in BOTH the bottom and upper radiator hose.

Last but not least, make sure your fan is properly working!

A quick google search or Honda-tech.com search should yield some answers also!

If all else fails, ASP2 FTW:)

fan is working thermostat is opening up i check all that already idk i think i might have the hose wrong i have to look at it again when i have time for now its just sitting
Back to top Go down
da9bigboi
regular

PostSubject: Re: car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP    car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Ehhh..you don't need asp2 for this one. There is a bunch of info on how to install this on google...I kept a few sites booked on my phone. Let me see...

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=108068
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP    car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP  Empty

Back to top Go down

car over heating after installing a skunk 2 manifold on 2001 gsr HELP
Page 1 of 1