Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

95 accord coolant problem

Go down 
+3
kaj
Dao
Mynes_3
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

95 accord coolant problem Empty
PostSubject: 95 accord coolant problem   95 accord coolant problem EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:14 am

Ok. So my accord is wierd. I fill my radiator to top and to max level for the reservoir. Ill say like 4-5 days later the rsvr will be out empty and the radiator with cap off will likely be almost half i assumed. So whats the problem here? Only over heats with ac on on a hot summer day only. Thermostat and gasket is brand new. Headgasket is fine i think. No chocolate milk oil. No sludge on oil cap or oil in radiator. When this first happened, i popped the hood and notice dry white water spot thru out the bay. Im left with new radiator cus old one might be crack but im not positive so help me out guys. Need this car to work and planning on going outta town soo. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Dao
regular
Dao

PostSubject: Re: 95 accord coolant problem   95 accord coolant problem EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:26 am

Smell any coolant while driving?

Any leaks on the ground?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/daovang/
kaj
Admin ran out of ideas for a title
kaj

PostSubject: Re: 95 accord coolant problem   95 accord coolant problem EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:38 am

1. be sure your A/C fan is blowing the right way. silly, but it happens. that would explain why your car gets hot with the A/C on.
2. water in the engine bay probably means one of two things:
your cap is bad. the water heats up, goes to overflow. overflow vent hole sprays water everywhere once it's over-full. then, the car cools down and the radiator sucks the water back in.
you have a leak in your radiator. usually an end tank, though it can be part of the core. when pressure builds, it sprays water.

clean all the water spots off. drive it again and take note of where the water seems to be coming from. you should be able to tell where the water is leaking from.

Back to top Go down
Garrett
Garrett

PostSubject: Re: 95 accord coolant problem   95 accord coolant problem EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:45 am

As kaj stated, check the cap.
Back to top Go down
esactivesk8r
regular
esactivesk8r

PostSubject: Re: 95 accord coolant problem   95 accord coolant problem EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:45 am

I just fixed my radiator fluid problem... I had replaced my heater hose and refilled everything with 50/50 coolant and also did the bleeding process to get out any bubbles. I also filled my resevior with coolant. A day after I check my coolant level and there was barely any left.. I thought I had a bad head gaske.. but in the end, I refilled my radiator with coolant and my resevior with water and it hasent gone down since.. could just be you need to mix with water I guess.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: 95 accord coolant problem   95 accord coolant problem EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:02 am

esactivesk8r wrote:
I just fixed my radiator fluid problem... I had replaced my heater hose and refilled everything with 50/50 coolant and also did the bleeding process to get out any bubbles. I also filled my resevior with coolant. A day after I check my coolant level and there was barely any left.. I thought I had a bad head gaske.. but in the end, I refilled my radiator with coolant and my resevior with water and it hasent gone down since.. could just be you need to mix with water I guess.

no. it has nothing to with the mixture.
Back to top Go down
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

PostSubject: Re: 95 accord coolant problem   95 accord coolant problem EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 1:17 pm

When i did thermostat i bought new cap too but it was autozone lol. Gonna go buy honda one soon. The ac fan im running now is an e-fan. Gonna switch out too for oem one. Ill look for the leak or soo. No coolant smell til very long drive around town or hot day. No coolant leak only oil lol.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: 95 accord coolant problem   95 accord coolant problem EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:21 pm

Mynes_3 wrote:
When i did thermostat i bought new cap too but it was autozone lol. Gonna go buy honda one soon. The ac fan im running now is an e-fan. Gonna switch out too for oem one. Ill look for the leak or soo. No coolant smell til very long drive around town or hot day. No coolant leak only oil lol.

i never use OEM fans. as long as it's a decent size and CFM, it will be fine. i mentioned checking it's direction, because they can be wired to pull or push. if you plug is wired in backward, the fan will be blowing the wrong way. i know this because i did it once. doh! LOL.
Back to top Go down
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

PostSubject: Re: 95 accord coolant problem   95 accord coolant problem EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:01 pm

Its pulling. U can feel the air going back towards the motor unless its pushing and it feels like that lol.
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: 95 accord coolant problem   95 accord coolant problem EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:08 pm

Mynes_3 wrote:
Its pulling. U can feel the air going back towards the motor unless its pushing and it feels like that lol.

i thought mine was too. turns out it was pushing forward and just bouncing off the radiator. LOL.

if that's not it, then it could just be low water. usually running the A/C shouldn't make a HUGE difference. maybe just enough to put it over the top.
Back to top Go down
nastyhabitzcrx
regular
nastyhabitzcrx

PostSubject: Re: 95 accord coolant problem   95 accord coolant problem EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:05 pm

kaj wrote:
Mynes_3 wrote:

i thought mine was too. turns out it was pushing forward and just bouncing off the radiator. LOL.

lol,one way radiator? look at your plugs and make sure you don't have a small HG problem .
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: 95 accord coolant problem   95 accord coolant problem EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:55 pm

nastyhabitzcrx wrote:
kaj wrote:
Mynes_3 wrote:

lol,one way radiator?.

... huh?
Back to top Go down
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

PostSubject: Re: 95 accord coolant problem   95 accord coolant problem EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:48 am

Nothing on plugs. Looks good. Im gonna get new radiator and thermo plus cap. Will see if this happens again.
Back to top Go down
94db8
regular
94db8

PostSubject: Re: 95 accord coolant problem   95 accord coolant problem EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 9:58 am

You can rent out a radiator pressure tester from your local autozone, be sure to get the import adapter as well. This will allow you to put pressure in the cooling system and find a leak or bad head gasket.
Back to top Go down
Dao
regular
Dao

PostSubject: Re: 95 accord coolant problem   95 accord coolant problem EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:06 pm

Did you bleed the air out of the coolant?

For the accords, the bleed valve is located on the thermostat housing, which uses a 10mm to open and close.

Also, check for leaks from a cold start, i had that issue and it turned out to be my oil cooler lines.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/daovang/
Mynes_3
veteran
Mynes_3

PostSubject: Re: 95 accord coolant problem   95 accord coolant problem EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:14 pm

Cold start is fine no leaks. Forgot about that. Will do rent a pressure tester from autozone. Thanks
Back to top Go down
kaj
kaj

PostSubject: Re: 95 accord coolant problem   95 accord coolant problem EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:40 pm

So definitely leaking under pressure, after it heats up. Find that hole!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 95 accord coolant problem   95 accord coolant problem Empty

Back to top Go down

95 accord coolant problem
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Car Related :: Technical Q&A-
Jump to: